MotoGP 2012 Phillip Island

Discussion in 'Australia' started by MODNROD, May 20, 2012.

1. Matt

Matt Dirt Virgin

Oddometer:
    As the last recipient of the pass just cut him self a mangina (:evil) the camping pass is still up for grabs - it's free BTW.
  2. BUZZ44

BUZZ44 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Go the grandstand ,even if you only do it once.:freaky
  3. Angry Pete

Angry Pete VK4APV

Oddometer:
    Taking the sons iPod touch to the island with the portable wifi jigga. Does any body know if I can post pictures from this thingy? (All the technical terms used) Got the Tapa talk app on the iPod. I'm busy with the bike & getting stuff around the house organised to study up on this...

Pete
  4. LeglessOne

LeglessOne Long timer

Oddometer:
    Go Corp Box,even if ya only do it once:1drink:1drink:1drink:1drink:freaky
  5. BOOTLACE

BOOTLACE Bikie Scum. Supporter

Oddometer:

Not many left! But BASS STRAIGHT is THE ONE!! ( take all yer warm gear....):rofl
  6. Gadget678

Gadget678 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've tried on my HTC phone...... so far without success. I can edit pics and set them up in smug-mug, but I can't copy the images to paste them on ADV; I can only copy the URL.

I've asked in the off-topic thread (with no responses) and sent a message to the smug-mug guys, but came out no-wiser.

It'll be an interesting weekend for me: Heading out to the A4DE near Warragul on Saturday, then to the MotoGP on Sunday:clap
  7. Angry Pete

Angry Pete VK4APV

Oddometer:
    Thanks Gadget, I'll just post up text then.
    Busy weekend for you by the sounds of that..

Anyway I'm on the bike in half an hour:D, hope to catch up with a few of you down there.:freaky

Pete
  8. KTM_Paul

KTM_Paul Sans KTM

Oddometer:
    Just found out I'll be flagging at Turn 12 :clap
  9. Russ

Russ Путин - военный преступник

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap Good score that's a great spot.
  10. Angry Pete

Angry Pete VK4APV

Oddometer:
    Hi Paul, I've 2.6? Maybe out of Southern Loop on the run down to Honda? We'll see tomorrow.

I had one of the best riding days today. Stayed over night at Sofala (best quirky pub), got away at 6:30 froze to Bathurst, things warmed up by Young. Beer at Gundagia, lunch at Tumbarumba, magnificent run to Mitta Mitta via Tintaldra, then the run up to Omeo. :)
    Good ride down to Bairnsdale, but the place is full of bike riders (stay away from those types), rode on and now staying the night at a pub in Maffra. To the Island hopefully by lunch tomorrow.
  11. BOOTLACE

BOOTLACE Bikie Scum. Supporter

Oddometer:
    bloody hell bloke! You coulda done another hour and stayed at my place in Mirboo!
    We drew 1.0 R. One of our favorites! 320k plus, front a foot of the deck, and curling The finger Round the front brake lever for Turn 1..........and just the two of us, and a dodgy crowd! luverly.
    Ring Brian, he'll be expecting your call. Hope you bought you're warmies. Cause ya Gunna need em!!!
  12. usi

usi SNAFU

Oddometer:
    Darwin (Alledegly the best man in town 7+ running)
    Heading off tomorrow through the royal national park (Nasho) and riding till i get bored or thirsty! :rofl
  13. ktmgeoff

ktmgeoff Remember it's not a race!

Oddometer:
    Western Creek Tasmania ( sold the farmand moved)
    Missus and I are just doing Sunday, general admission, a mate said other years chairs have been available to rent/buy, is this correct ? Otherwise thinking we'll just buy a couple in Melb. and donate them at the end of the day.
  14. McCardigan

McCardigan happy Budda

Oddometer:
    The Barry Sheene parade ,this year limited to 1,000 bikes, have just pased through Stratford in glourious sunny weather on the way to PI.
  15. pete40

pete40 Life Behind Bars

Oddometer:
    Casey is going to be on The Project on 10 on Friday night. Probably wont be worth watching but we don't get our Moto boys on much TV - so I'll be watching.
  16. McCardigan

McCardigan happy Budda

Oddometer:
    https://tucktruck.smugmug.com/Travel/Vic-High-country-789th-Dec-1/i-7MTxB4V/0/L/2012-GP-001-L.jpg

Tex and wonder dog sitting on the tank lead the parade.
    https://tucktruck.smugmug.com/Travel/Vic-High-country-789th-Dec-1/i-vNbmJHf/0/XL/2012-GP-002-XL.jpg

https://tucktruck.smugmug.com/Travel/Vic-High-country-789th-Dec-1/i-K7h28Rx/0/L/2012-GP-005-L.jpg

Help,Where are you Havafati?

Smugmug will still not let me post photo's direct to here.
  17. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    Good score Bootie. I had that one year, and traded it for Honda (Turn 4, before the wall was moved back from the apex)) and it was brilliant, got to see Mr Squiggle doing 280kph blackies!

I'll be back to it next year, I'll see ya there Sundee and bring you a corfee. Stay cool dude.
  18. Angry Pete

Angry Pete VK4APV

Oddometer:
    Been a couple of hours, camp setup with Boots crew, signed on, had a walk around.
    Caught up with Matt & had a bit of a yarn. Caught up with a mate from Honda, very lucky to get inside the inner sanctum (no photos, voice recorder or touching... Anything).

Very windy at the island, but the sun is out, not so bad. The place has some people, bloody circus really. More later

Clouded over, a few spots of rain, temp has dropped, we'll see how tomorrow goes. Time to drink.....out
  19. ktmgeoff

ktmgeoff Remember it's not a race!

Oddometer:
    Western Creek Tasmania ( sold the farmand moved)
    ABC Breakfast had Jorge on Wed. morning for a few minutes, and not one sponsors logo on his clothing either.
  20. Precis

Precis Maladroit malcontent

Oddometer:
    A young English woman is visiting Vic just to go to the MotoGP and needs a guide down to PI on Sunday morning - and perhaps a guide on the way back too; she may have a bike (one of our Caponords if she's comfy riding it - her normal ride is an R1) or may need a lift down and back. Currently she's staying in St Kilda.
    Any takers?