Mar. 28-31, 2013 Death Valley Noob's Rally

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by nsfw, Nov 15, 2012.

1. KowBell

KowBell Slo-Mo-Shun

Oddometer:
    It looks like the event/accomodations are filled. Is it limited to 200 riders or can we participate if we find our own accomodations? I guess I'm asking if it is too late to bother registering.

If not, I would like to participate all three days, all meals and a campsite.

Paul (campbp) - TR3 - D3 - KTM 690

Thanks
  2. 1224R

1224R Long timer

Oddometer:
    Joel, I have a EVS cooling vest New in Box size Large to put in the raffle pool..
  3. Abrupt Edge

Abrupt Edge Long timer Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    The rider list is very West Coast heavy, of course, but I'm wondering out loud how many "foreigners" like me are attending. I noticed a few, but can hardly believe I'm the only one from Texas. This event is worth driving from anywhere!
  4. Schlug

Schlug A natural, zesty enterprise.

Oddometer:
    put something on and stay in that position.
    I suppose by the size of the waiting list there's not a hope in hell I'll make this rally. Maybe I'll just ride in and arrange my own accomodations and see you lot (or not) out and about.

I'm heading down from Windsor, Ontario so there's no telling what the weather might be like here. Been out west a bunch but never been to Death Valley.
  5. Spartan

Spartan It's All Attitude

Oddometer:
    I'm signed up in BT3.
    Arriving Wed and would like a full hook up site if possible for my trailer.
    I may have another rider that is already signed up sharing space.
    Thanks!
  6. Sasquatch2112

Sasquatch2112 Old Angry White Guy (OAWG)

Oddometer:
    There are several folks coming from WV/MD area.
  7. spafxer

spafxer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Put you name on the list. The drop out rate will vary with the 11pm weather report.

I'm at Panamint Springs right now. Weather is great an not many m/c 's around. (Slight chance of rain)

No hockey anyway!
  8. Sasquatch2112

Oddometer:
    Spa are you going to hit any of the trails while you are out there?
  9. spafxer

spafxer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not this time. Lots of miles on the street bike. Scoped out Tecopa hot springs as a riding base.
  10. Sasquatch2112

Oddometer:

My buddy 6USMC6 will be on a street bike with his daughter, two-up. I will look to pick your brain for good rides for them.
  11. Ratchdaddy

Ratchdaddy Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:

Ha, with a cool name like that he can hang around with spank and I in the evenings and make up sea stories.
  12. Sasquatch2112

Oddometer:

6 doesn't have "sea" stories, he has "jungle" stories. :eek1

Think 66 USMC.
  13. Ratchdaddy

Oddometer:
    Well Spank and I have mostly "desert" stories but we can always improvise, adapt, and overcome. I am going to be riding my F800gs. I am a dirt noob and this bike is my daily commuter so I don't like to break it too much. If someone comes up with a good street loop, I may be down for that. With my windshield and corbin seat I bought this summer, I like me some long days in the saddle
  14. Sasquatch2112

Oddometer:
    Ratchet, I will be bringing my GS. I am comfortable doing 500+ mile days. Maybe we need a long street ride covering the area.
  15. Ratchdaddy

Oddometer:
    This is my first ADV rally so I'm not really sure what to expect. I have covered that area on the west side and stayed in Beatty a few times. My buddy Spank is on a WR250 and he just completed the Barstow to Vegas so he may be doing some crazier dirt rides than I am willing to do. It may not be the best way to go about it but I think I am going to play it by ear. It is called the "noob" rally so I am hoping the dirt rides won't be too insane.
  16. Sasquatch2112

Oddometer:
    On the GS, I will be taking it very easy in the dirt.
  17. 6USMC6

6USMC6 -U-

Oddometer:
    I did some desert. Think six months at Cau Viet - the mouth of the Dong Ha River up near the DMZ. Stunted trees and acres of fine, soft sand - I even had sand inside my wp Seiko.

18. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the late response. I was out riding for one last 2012 ride. Anza Borrego and Breadshaw Trail. :D

I got you on the wait list. Just wait for couple weeks and we will have many openings.

We may have specials for people coming over 1,000 miles away. :evil

All 12 full-hookup RV sites are taken as of today. But if anyone drops out, I'll let you know.
  19. surferbum

surferbum Long timer

Oddometer:
    Relocated to Scottsdale, AZ from SF Bay area
    Hi,
    In the process of doing end of the year video housekeeping mostly family stuff. I collected together motorcycle videos I have made and put them in one group on YouTube. I always enjoy watching these types of videos. Over time I believe I'm getting better. Enjoy. Some of last year's Noobs (#10-16). :freaky
  20. nsfw

nsfw Death Valley Noobs Rally Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    sorry folks for my absence. just got home today. 5 days in baja and a day of R&R with gf in san diego.

bill, you're doing a great job....keep them coming. thank you.

thank you jimmy, and this time you get to hold on the mike on saturday night much longer....:evil

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

EVERYONE'S NY RESOLUTION SHOULD BE - RIDE BETTER, MORE AND FARTHER.....:ricky