New Things Happening At Jesse Luggage

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Jesse Luggage, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oz97tj

oz97tj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I ordered last week and I'm pretty sure I dealt with the same girl. She was very nice and tried to be helpful, but clearly was a bit clueless about details of the product. I can't say I'm upset with her, but was a bit frustrated to say the least.

Mr. Jesse, please do a bit of training with your employees so they have answers to basic questions.

I wish I would have known that. Would have been nice to save $50. Oh well. They are supposed to arrive tomorrow so hopefully the bags are as awesome as everyone says they are.
  2. Jesse Luggage

Jesse Luggage Crash Tested & Approved... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Oz- We are working on her education. Make sure to use the free shipping code on your top case order. Everyone please feel free to email me direct at dealers@jesseluggage.com and if it would be helpful to talk on the phone PM me your phone number and the best time to call. I like talking to our customers:D
  3. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    What is the combined capacity on the 8" safari for the F800GS?
    I see the 9" is 85 liters.
    I have the 8 and was wondering how much space I would gain with the 9s.
  4. X-Rated

X-Rated Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  5. Jesse Luggage

Oddometer:

The 8" Safari's are 78 liters combined.
  6. GH41

GH41 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Luggage Dude, can I assume the 8" Safaris are still being made? I am looking to go as skinny as possible. GH
  7. Ron from BC

Ron from BC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not going into any details...suffice to say that Chris, Alycia and Al stand behind their products and reputation.

For the past 8 years the Odyssey II bags have been a solid performer for providing secure dry storage AND for protecting me and the bike from sustaining any damage even when Brunhilda decided to have a nap on her side. I might add that the panniers suffered only a minor scratch to the paint.

The customer support you can expect from Chris, Al and the factory is outstanding.

When I need new luggage or if a friend wants feedback on what to get.......easy peasy....Jesse Luggage!

Thanks.....

:thumb
  8. X-Rated

X-Rated Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  9. oz97tj

oz97tj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have to say I'm happy with my experience with Jesse Luggage as well. After reading the various things on the internet and the questionable customer service of the past, I was a bit nervous to be honest. Dealing with Alycia who is clearly new wasn't boosting my confidence either as she is still learning but was also trying her best.

I received my bags a little over a week after ordering and they are badass, just as everyone says they are. One did have a slight dent in the lid, most likely from shipping. I called and spoke with Alycia again, and then emailed photos to Chris. Without question, Chris promptly emailed me back and said a new lid would be shipped out to me. I'm pretty happy with the way they stood behind their product.

Also, the very next day after receiving them I went on a 3 day trip, much of which was on dirt. I'm happy to say there was absolutely no dust intrusion at all, which should be a good indicator of being water tight as well but that hasn't been tested yet.

A photo for your viewing pleasure after the first day, which hadn't seen much dirt yet...
    [​IMG]
  10. onlyinajeep

onlyinajeep n00b

Oddometer:
    The previous Wee panniers were "L" shaped are they no longer available for the 2012 Wee? What are the capacities of these bags? Can you post any pics without the bags mounted. How much will these run?

thanks, Steve

11. ironbutt

ironbutt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I absolutely have to give them the same vote of confidence.

I have Jesse bags on 3 different V-Stroms. They are absolutely top quality and will take a pounding like you won't believe and will give many years of great use, outlasting at least one of my V-Stroms to serve a second lifetime on a new Strom.

More recently, Chris answered my email over the weekend (even I told him it was the weekend, go riding!).

Alycia is great, if she does not understand exactly what you want, give her a chance. I called frantic (long story) this afternoon needing something, she got me sorted out right away, listening carefully to what was needed, figuring out how to fix me up and two hours later my order was shipped via UPS. She really went the extra mile.

You can't get better then that.

Mike
  12. Jesse Luggage

Oddometer:
    Hi Steve,
    You will have the option of all of the Odyssey II and Safari II bags fitting the 2012 mounts. As soon as we can we will get pictures up on the website of the various bags on the 2012 V Strom.
  13. Jesse Luggage

Oddometer:
    Yo GH- 8" on the Odysseys and 9" on the Safaris.
  14. GH41

GH41 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Which one is narrower and by how much? Thanks, GH
  15. stevepsd

stevepsd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I also had great service from Alycia. I called a week-ago Friday (did not know that Jesse Luggage was closed on Friday), and much to my surprise Alycia answered the phone and took my order for Odyssey II's for my Super Tenere. She called my back on the following Monday saying the bags packed and ready for shipment. They arrived last Wednesday! She knew all about the 'Because Chris Says' free shipping.

Yes, the web site is a bit of a disaster (ok, a bit bigger disaster than that), but I was able to find installation instructions on Ricks Xplorermoto site (Rick is also running a close-out special on his own Jesse Bag-Liners - very, very nice btw) since there were no instructions with the bags or the mounts or anywhere on the Jesse website.

Oh, how many keys do you normally get with new bags?
  16. Flying Dave

Flying Dave Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Email sent.:thumb
  17. Jesse Luggage

Oddometer:
    The 8" Odyssey is narrower by 1" per side.
  18. GSteve

GSteve Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any progress on the R100 GSPD cases?
  19. Jesse Luggage

Oddometer:

Everything is at the powder coater. Send an email to al@jesseluggage.com and he will add you o the ever growing list and send you pictures.
  20. Flying Dave

Flying Dave Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ordered all three bags and the quick release rear rack today for the triumph.:clap

And I have not even bought the bike yet....:rofl
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.