Hacks-n-Pups

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by PackMule, Dec 20, 2007.

1. SwampFox883R

SwampFox883R Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Recent short ride with Maddie & Corkie to try out the new Ikon rear shocks on Jena's Burgman rig:

[​IMG]
  2. MILLENNIUM FALCON

MILLENNIUM FALCON Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm not trying to thread jack, but................how do you get your dogs to wear doggles? i want to take my dog riding, and I want her to be safe but I just dont see her letting me put goggles on. Thanks.
  3. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    Some dogs wear them, some don't. The key to keeping Bryson in the Doggles is simple. Have them tight enough that they stay put without being too tight and keeping any stray hair out of his eyes. (Gotta keep that schnauzer beard and eyebrows out of the goggles). He likes them when we're moving. In the summer though, when we stop, he can't get out of them fast enough.
  4. SwampFox883R

SwampFox883R Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I trained Maddie by her wearing Doggles to go get the paper and short walks, both on leash. But she quickly learned to use the back right corner of the cockpit to push the Doggle up to her forehead -- 'bout the time I shift into 3rd gear and can't do a thing about it. :huh Thankfully, she turns around a faces backwards after a few minutes of 45+mph travel. Our rides limited to leisurely day rides.
  5. MILLENNIUM FALCON

MILLENNIUM FALCON Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info...I guess I will just have to get a set and see if Tess Keeps them on.
  6. Christianbenzon1

Christianbenzon1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Gilbert loving it
  7. danedg

danedg Horizontally Opposed

Oddometer:
    Hall of Fame!:clap

8. gsd4me

gsd4me 90% bluff

Oddometer:

It was filmed on a very low budget so they couldn't afford sub titles. :lol3
  9. coupe1942

coupe1942 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was testing a ballcap mount for my GoPro camera, so I stepped outside into the garage at night just to experiment a tad bit with it. The lighting was horrible at the time, but I was just there to test out the camera mount and not really do any scripted video at all. Murph helped me a bit in the video and hopefully we will get this project on the road again in the future. There is much to do in that regard though. Any rate, the camera mount seemed to work okay on first trial. It is nice to know that Murph still knows how to enter and exit on the Dog Taxi. Sorry for the poor quality of the video, but the focus was actually just on piddling with the ballcap camera mount at the time and see if it would work or not. I am anxious to do some videos when we get back on the road, so this camera mount was just one more thing to add to my mount kit for future use.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930ford/8469079999/

Sorry, but for some reason, I can't seem to embed the link to flickr and make it show here the way it should.
  10. workerant

workerant Spaß im Dreck

Oddometer:
    Truth. Kenda doesn't, but she spends most of the time in the sidecar lying on the floor of the tub so it's not a big deal.

[​IMG]

I have hopes that new dog Maeby will wear them. She's a retired bear-hunting dog and doesn't hesitate to follow her nose, so I'll have to develop a restraint harness for her to keep her in the rig.

[​IMG]
  11. whitham_wannabe

whitham_wannabe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bruce.

[​IMG]
  12. davebig

davebig Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer:
    He's a real Noble Savage ! But I looked through one of you threads and I love this one,I appologize if your offended but its such a cool image.DB
    [​IMG]
  13. whitham_wannabe

whitham_wannabe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not offended at all! One of these days I am going to get a Bruce photo on the front page ...!
  14. coupe1942

Oddometer:
    I started working on a project today to widen a small plastic helmet I obetained at a yard sale yesterday for $0.50 cents. I will trim down the back of the helmet to allow it to ride better on the dog's neck. (This is the way my Zoomergear helmet is done, too). I cut the two plastic sides apart with my Dremil tool and took some bookbinding tape I had to join the two pieces back together and widen the helmet when done. I believe this will widen the helmet about 1 1/2" or so, which will be just about right for my Bichon, Murphy. I'll add a chin strap and may hook back on the grille/face shield once the mods are completed and done. I will also add a 1/4X20" set screw for putting on a camera mount, but I can do that much later and figure out the best location and balance at that time. I plan on painting the helmet with a checkerboard black and white stripe so it fits into the Dog Taxi theme of my sidecar rig. I am trying to contact Tap Plastics to get an idea as to some mods and the best way to reattach the two pieces back together. This helmet, when finished, is just for show and not for safety sake. I am hoping they can advise me on how to make a mold so I can do up a few more for myself when this is being done. If you do a search at YouTube, Tap Plastics has some really great videos on making molds of all sorts of things. However, the didn't seem to show any that really involved making a dog helmet. I have an old Zoomer gear helmet that is actually not as strong as the materials used in this helmet. It was apparently some sort of rattle for fans to shake when cheering on their team at a football game. For the price I paid so far, it won't be a major loss if I don't get it back together and properly setup. It is just a fun project to take up my time, as I am retired.

Maybe someone else has such a toy helmet to play with and can use these photos to help if they choose to modify one for themselves in the future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930ford/sets/72157632844663253/

Murphy tolerated it being on him as I played about with it, Once the thing is finalized and the rear section cut down a bit, then it will probably fit him even better. Anyone ever done up one of these types of projects before?
  15. XL-erate

XL-erate Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +3!

Just excellent! :clap
  16. Prmurat

Prmurat Long timer

Oddometer:
  17. coupe1942

Oddometer:
    I got my custom dog door for my Dog Taxi in the mail yesterday. It is easy to open and close up after my dogs enter or exti the hack. The super magnets do a good job with it. Murph will have to get adjusted to having it in place as he rides, but the opening should give him a bit of a view when it is closed. In the hot Texas summers down here, the mesh opening may offer a bit of air for him when riding.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930ford/sets/72157632877669838/
  18. davebig

davebig Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer:
    That Murph is a lucky dog and must be a bit of a ham.DB
  19. coupe1942

Oddometer:
    Yeah, both Murph and Dusty are hams. I made some camera vests for my GoPro to shoot video from their view. Took them out to the lake the other day, but the wind was 49 MPH and they both could hardly stand up well in that mess, so the video wasn't all that great. That is, unless you enjoy watching dogs trudging over to the area where other dogs have peed or pooped. Man, that stuff draws dogs like magnets for some reason. :-)
    Any rate, if it loads, this was a pic of Dusty looking at the ducks in front of her at the boat dock. Murph was intent in looking at the fisherman showing off his catch for the day. I hope to get some decent video later. The camera vest actually works well in letting them do their doggie thing as it films.

[​IMG]
    Woof by coupe1942, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Got Fish? by coupe1942, on Flickr

How the dog camera vest was made for my GoPro:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930ford/sets/72157632888634961/
  20. Mr.Mellow's WildRide

Mr.Mellow's WildRide Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]