Southwest Dual Sport Riders Club - Phoenix, AZ

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by Chick4KLRs, Nov 22, 2008.

1. CrozB

CrozB Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Might be able to swing Sunday. Should be a good cool day for a ride.

As for the DR, I am still on the fence. After playing some garage tetris I was able to get the DR in the Garage with the 2 other bikes and the truck. So selling it is not a necessity. However I hate seeing it sit there all the time when someone should be out riding it :cry . She's got new tires and new battery so she is in a good place to be sold. So we'll see what the future holds.
  2. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
    I noticed that i got a crack in my front headlight on my DRZ400 from my last ride, anyone have one for sale or giveaway, i'll composate u with some beer:beer & fat cigars. :bubba...There's nothing available on ebay presently. Thanks in advance ... (blam it on AZCPP or DurtKlod:lol3:lol3)
  3. DurtKlod

DurtKlod Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey! I guess along with that new headlight, you should also think about a headlight guard! CarefreeDog kept complaining I was throwing rocks at him too. I think we were all throwing rocks at each other... it seemed like slow motion sometimes when you were in front of me and I was watching the rocks go by. You pegged me in the chest with one about the size of a golf ball.:rofl
  4. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
    I was aiming at z guy behind u :lol3...I alredy made one up (headlite cover) i am just waiting for my new lense to get here.
  5. scottcolbath

scottcolbath Long timer

Oddometer:
    Damn Eddy straight to Z hell! :D

S.C.
  6. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
    U can have z tank bag, no big deal ...:freaky
  7. cyberdos

cyberdos Easy Bonus Loop ♦♦

Oddometer:
    :rofl

That's the same exact thing I told CrozB via PM.

Are we channeling Spencer?

:hide
  8. 2 SPOT

2 SPOT bring the rape whistle

Oddometer:
    eddy what would you do with a magnetic tank bag anyway?? put it on the hood of your truck?
  9. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
    :lol3:lol3 Now u gave me an idea :lol3 of what to do with it ....:thumb:wink:
  10. cyberdos

cyberdos Easy Bonus Loop ♦♦

Oddometer:
    you could wear it as a hat. Will help you find them loose screws.
  11. refokus

refokus Hmmmmmm Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sounds good Dave! I get back to town late Friday and will contact you. Or, I am going to send you a PM with my cell number.
  12. azredline

azredline Wobbly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Jack,
    This is the site hosting the RCC II, but you don't have to be a member to participate.
    http://www.azbeemers.org/forum/index.php?board=24.0

To answer your questions, it started Oct 1 and will run into late April.

It is self paced, you ride, take a pic, post on the forum and score points. At the end most points wins a trophy, others have a chance at donated prizes. Both dual sport and street only classes.

PM me if you need more info, or cruise the azbeemers.org website in RCC section.

Come on out, lots of riding through those months!
  13. BELSTAFF

BELSTAFF ADV NOMAD

Oddometer:
    THATS RIGHT IT'S BEEN TWO WEEKS AGO SINCE PORKFEST 2 & OUR BI-WEEKLY MEETING SO YOU ALL KNOW THE DRILL-----8AM or so, Sunday, Oct 9 at the same ol' stand ----Dunkin Dounuts, Tatum & Bell, S/West corner .

would be great if some one could come up with a new war stories or two I'm missin all the ol' faces & would like to meet some new ones----so come on down lets have some fun----see ya Sunday
  14. raymoto17

raymoto17 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am posting this here so dualsport riders can be aware of pending land issues. Ray

The BLM is asking opinions on plans for 1.4 million acres in central AZ. They want to ban trailriding, 4x4ing, shooting and many other activities on one half million acres of land closet to Phoenix metro area and restrict access on other areas. I have received notices From the AMA, Blue Ribbon Coalition and the NRA and they all have have pointed out the need to attend one of the input sessions in order to protect public access.

http://sharetrails.org/alerts/2011/0...-land-use-plan

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=7103

A recent article in the AZ Republic noted that the Sierra Club and other green groups strongly felt that even these proposals were not enough. Please try to attend one of the listed input meetings so their voice will not be the only one heard. If you like to shoot, ride, drive, hunt, rock-hound, camp or Mt.bike, you need to let them know.
  15. raymoto17

raymoto17 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ever wonder how the Enviro-groups fund their endless lawsuits against the USFS, BLM, States and many others ? This AMA alert explains it and talks about a new bill to limit the abuse of Federal Funds to sue Federal Agencies.

The original intent was to give Joe Average rancher or farmer the ability to contest Federal Decisions about land use. After 1995 the requirements on reporting and legal standing were dropped. Anyone who files a lawsuit over land use could receive reimbursement of legal costs from the Federal Government. In other words you did not need to have a good case, win a decision, or make a credible argument, the mere fact that you sued allowed you to get paid. The anti-access groups seized on this as a way to tie up land issues in court, the perfect example being the lawsuits filed after the horrific fires here in AZ. Agencies wanted to allow salvage of the burned timber, to clear areas for new growth and prevent the infestation of Pine Bark beetles in the dying trees. Numerous lawsuits prevented this and the dead trees provide fuel for a new round of fires and the PB beetles have now infected healthy trees outside the original area.

Please take a minute to respond to this AMA Action Alert and tell your Federal Representatives that they should support this legislation.

http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/...gislation.aspx
  16. BELSTAFF

BELSTAFF ADV NOMAD

Oddometer:
    This is an issue we need to get behind, i've seen this fooking tree huggers tie up thousand of acres in montana & idaho.

I wonder how much the state would lose in ohv permits if the clowns get their way?

Public use lands are exactly that public use thats what our tax dollars & permits are for

besides if these a holes would stop interfering with mother nature and the normal cycle of the forest & environment the land will survive & rebound of its own accord
    oh & there is no global warming, its called weather!!!!
  17. Garthe

Garthe ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...

Oddometer:

You were doing a great job to you had to write that STUPID remark.

Keep this a land issue and you'd be much better off.

K.I.S.S., Land issues...
  18. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I second this motion:wink:
  19. azshtr

azshtr Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow... nice words. Just because you don't agree doesn't make anyone "STUPID". This is a very debated subject and both sides have supporters.
  20. BELSTAFF

BELSTAFF ADV NOMAD

Oddometer:
    Stupid or not, facts are facts ---just the way it is.

North shore drilling & trans alaska pipeline was to decimate the caribou herds,really?
    The hards are at an all time high in population growth also woodland bison & musk oxen, also an increase in natural predators bear & wolves---theory --wrong.

Yellowstone fires in the 80's, was yellowstone done for? Down timber cleared, new trees planted native grasses have returned & wild flowers & new growth trees emerging. Jim your grand kids will get to see yellowstone in its grandeur ---mother nature heals herself.

If we really want to preserve public lands then keep to the existing trails, pack it, in pack it out, clean up what other idiots left behind--no need to cut new trails there more challenges out there than your capable of anyway.

If you want something to challenge you do a little research & pick up some history at the same time, thy natches trace to oregon==the trans america trail (tat)
    antelope wells new mexico to waterton peace park canada--the continental divide trail (cdt) how about lewis & clark trail= st, louis mo to the pacific ocean gps, maps & way points available
    old stage routes, pony express routes on & on.

My point is to protect & preserve what we have now, keep that in tip top shape.
    Theories are theories global warming has not been proven--facts are facts & the earth will always regenerate it's self if left alone to do so -----rant off-----