Last Dog Standing 2013

Discussion in 'Racing' started by eatpasta, Mar 5, 2013.

1. eatpasta

eatpasta Lawnmower Target Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ok - let's hear it..... who's game?

:ear

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/loNhBXtystk" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

http://www.prairiedogsmc.com/html/last_dog_standing.html

I raced the GP at Glen Helen last weekend and what a cool facility....

last year the race generated the best review I have ever seen in my life for anything - Max Gerston's review of LDS....

http://youtu.be/cA1mDUcIKKk

Mike did pretty well last year...will he go again?

I doubt I would even qualify for the actual event seeing as you need to place pretty well in the qualifying race.... I may give it a go because, what the hell right?

Anyone else?!?

:ear
  2. trc

trc Tim Robel Concepts

Oddometer:
    I'm in! So looking forward to it!
  3. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    There's one!

:lol3
  4. RobertoGatos

RobertoGatos Go-Go-GatosBros!

Oddometer:
    Im going to try and make it down. Looks awesome!
  5. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lend me a bike I will do it!
    But I would NEVER treat my own bikes like that!!

LOL:evil
  6. woodzrider

woodzrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    +1
  7. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    honestly the bike thing is the #1 reason why I probably wont do this event. Even if I got bikes for free, I would hate to needlessly abuse a perfectly good bike. I dont care about injury, or not finishing.... I care about my KTM!
  8. MotoMike

MotoMike Washed Up Desert Racer For The 2nd Time

Oddometer:
    They can't stay pretty forever. I just took all my abused shit and bolted it on, fucked up seat and fenders, the shittiest pipe and muffler I had. Still have the stuff, so IF I decide to do it again, it's going to be parts bin special racing :D
    (somebody here called my bike that at the time so I'm using it)
  9. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    oh lord how I would love to have a garage...

:cry
  10. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm starting to consider it, How does the qualifying format work? It'd suck to drive 11 hours just to get eliminated in the first round.
  11. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    As far as I can understand, it's like Erzberg. They have a Hare Scramble and you have to place in the top 50% or something or you go home right away. Then there are 3 rounds of the actual tough course, each round harder than the last.
    Mike raced it last year and he decided to hang it up after the second round I think.....it looks pretty nasty....
  12. MotoMike

MotoMike Washed Up Desert Racer For The 2nd Time

Oddometer:
    I raced it 2 years ago, the inaugural event. In that event the 1st qualifier was a Grand Prix format, on the GP track, race for 45 minutes and finish in the top 50% of everyone, not just your class. Then you had to finish the first round within 1 hour of the leader to continue on to the final round. I made it with about 5 minutes to spare, but found I was the only one in my class and I was really, really tired, so opted to not ride the last round. Had I done it and finished, I would have received 125% points. As it was I still got a 1st and 100% points.

I know they changed the format some last year, and I imagine they will do something different still this year. Best thing you can do is watch the D37 website for info or contact the Prairie Dogs and get the scoop from them.
  13. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    Better call Johnny ringo over at endurocrosscoach.com and get some practice/training in

Dude has an endurocross course in his back yard.
  14. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info guys, another inmate and myself are trying to cajole each other into coming out from Colorado for the event. I don't think either of us care about points. I just want to get past qualifying as GP style MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is.
  15. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    QUOTE OF THE YEAR

:lol3

awesome.

Id love to try this event but I know deep in my heart that I wouldn't qualify for it and if I did, I wouldn't belong there and I certainly woulnd't make it past round 1
  16. cross-country

cross-country .

Oddometer:
    Buck up, Buckeroo! If you try hard enough, you can fail spectacularly at anything!
  17. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    hell, Id be cool with mild failure
  18. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    Always tough talk from the peanut gallery. :lol3

So we're a go then? :deal
  19. cross-country

cross-country .

Oddometer:
    You know I'd love to, but I still havn't ridden since my shoulder failed spectacularly. I'm also supposed to do a tough mudder that weekend, and it looks hard, and.........

Let me know how it goes!:lol3
  20. gbpdogr

gbpdogr n00b

Oddometer:
    Well, its good to read your interest regarding the Last Dog Standing! Let me try and clear up a couple things for you.

Really, its not a thrash on the bike unless you cannot control it. However, I will admit it can be hard on the clutch! You really have to look at the event as a physical challenge of you abilities as a dirt bike rider. Have fun with it! Everyone that has done it has stories for a life time! Finishing! Ya, out of over 100+ entries, 5 actually finished the event in 2012! Of course if you had all day you could probably take your time and finish it, but, based on events and timing, it becomes more of a challenge. Did you know we had 3 women last year! They teamed up and did awesome helping each other out. There is no help except from entered riders still on the course! Their inspiration have led the Prairie Dogs to offer a Team Class for 2013! Yep, grab a partner - each on their own bike and help each other through! You must be within 1 minute of your partner at each check. A true TEAM effort!

Qualifying - is the same as 2012. We have 30 minute GP format qualifier the day of the event (usually 3-4 start gates). The purpose is to take the fastest people and move them up in the start of LDS round 1. In LDS round 1,2 and 3, it is 2 racers at a time leave the gate 30-60 seconds before/after the next pair (transponder timed event). However, to qualify for round 1, you just have to finish the Qualifier, and your in LDS 1! Timed event for each round within a certain time of the 1st place finisher gets you to the next LDS round...

Hopefully that answers some of your questions, let me know if you need more! Oh, this year Lucas Oil will be filming. And, we are working hard for live internet feeds from cameras positioned in area's you cannot get to as a spectator! That's some of the real fun stuff!

So, the women informed me they will be back in 2013! The question is now will some of you skeptics now through your hat it to see how far you make it! Fitness and Hydration are important. Save he beer for post bench racing!

Entry Flyer is available - print and mail!
    http://www.prairiedogsmc.com/2013_LDS_Flyer.pdf

See you there!
    Prairie Dogs