Hotrodding the GS - Pre-Order Sale!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Poolside, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. virco

virco The lighthearted rider

Oddometer:
    Hope it's a smooth one... (the landing I mean... :lol3 )
    Please Jim, keep us posted on how the last batch is coming along and particularly when will the Airs be in the post... The hinges on my mailbox are about to give in from my already obsessive, several times a day checks...
    We're like a bunch of stupid kids here, drooling over Santa... :tb
    Many thanks.
  2. fellowsja

fellowsja Clentched

Oddometer:
    The above quote was from 12/8/11.

So...When will the Cool, or whatever the device after the Air is called, actually be available?

Air production has been going on for ages. I know the best of intentions and all that...but the Air was sold as the first, essential building block of something bigger and better...WHEN is whatever the bigger/ better thing coming?
  3. GOZFST

GOZFST Gozfst

Oddometer:
    How about filling the existing orders first, I've been waiting over 9 months.:(:
  4. fellowsja

fellowsja Clentched

Oddometer:
    I get that and don't quarrel with that at all.

The issue I have is the inability to draw a line in the sand, stop taking orders, and move on.

That's what I'm asking about.
  5. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    I know what you're talking about Fellowsja. It isn't so much failing to draw a line and end production of the Air, but more an issue of the time I have to build and ship. And of course, there are just as many people who become concerned that they will not get an Air before the Cool and Smooth production starts.

One thing I can offer is that even though the the Cool and Smooth are microprocessor-controlled and far more complex engineering wise, they are much less labor intensive to build than the Air. That will make it feasible to outsource a good portion of the assembly, which will speed things up considerably.

<BR>
  6. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    That is exactly what's happening. Finishing up the IICE Air orders is the priority.

<BR>
  7. Leop54

Leop54 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    don't pull aside poolside, let him work and be faithful.
    Hopefully...:rofl:rofl:rofl
  8. Muncle

Muncle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to getting the IICE Air.

What is the ETA of your product?
  9. mxbundy

mxbundy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ya know, don't know what you do in your day job, probably must be doing alright.
    But take it from me, I have a little experience in the making and selling of motorcycle parts.
    If this stuff works like you say it does, why are you not doing this full time? You sir are sitting on a goldmine.

Bundy
  10. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    I had to go out of town on Saturday. I'm back now and this batch is ready for epoxy potting. When I return this afternoon that's exactly what's going to happen.

<BR>
  11. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    I appreciate the comment, Bundy. JJ thinks there's more to it as well. It's one of those things where it could go one way or the other. I am looking at devoting 3 months exclusively to the IICE product line, then see where we're at. This current gig will be complete soon enough and I'm trying to organize things so that full-time IICE focus can happen. Maybe we can talk about it sometime.

<BR>
  12. lanceputnam

lanceputnam Hayden's Dad

Oddometer:
    So... are these still available? If so, and it will work on my 2012 GS, then I want one. Please say yes. Thanks.
  13. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>You bet.&#8194;Yes.

<BR>
  14. sanapo

sanapo n00b

Oddometer:
    hey , still nothing in my mail box .... have tried to be first to check our mail box for 6 months now (so my wife should not know l order anything on net .....) but l have been disappointed every time , so , have to ask , do you have a time ,not time att the day , but a date at least....., for the shipping to FH, Norway ..... would have been very happy , and also my wife could stop wondring why l`m running to the mail box before her ....... :-)

FH Norway with a GS 1150 :-)
  15. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    Yes. I'm doing the final epoxy step today, and this batch will ship on Wednesday.

<BR>
  16. Offblnz

Offblnz Long timer

Oddometer:

:clap:freaky:wings:rayof:rilla:happay

Edit: mmmm...will the batch that I'm part of ship too or were I celebrating to early?:ear:lol3
  17. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    You can check the order list for your initials, Balanzed. I don't know your real name from your ADVrider moniker.

<BR>
  18. InTheMuck

InTheMuck So it goes...

Oddometer:
    Amongst the has beens & the addicts (Milwaukee)
    Are you planning on shipping to everyone that has ordered so far, or is it just the first batch of 30??
  19. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    To the first part of the question, of course, everyone who ordered one will receive an IICE Air. To the second part of the question, "the first batch of 30" shipped out back at the beginning of this project.

<BR>
  20. Offblnz

Offblnz Long timer

Oddometer:
    L.C, ME. But I don't want to keep you away from your work all the damn time, so I'll shut it now and just check your list....if you could reveal if that batch I'm part of ships tomorrow, of course I'd be more than grateful! :lol3

Okay, I'll be quiet now. Thanks so much, Poolside, can't wait to see what it feels like on the old'ish bike!:thumb
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.