2013 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross series

Discussion in 'Racing' started by nachtflug, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    No. And he usually crashed riding over his head trying to catch up when he didn't get a good start. Thing is, he almost always gets a great start. :D

The last couple of weeks he has streched a big lead but many races Dungey was not very far back, and that after coming through the pack.

No question he is the best at the moment but so far he hasn't shown anything like RC or even Stewart when he could still ride.

2. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    I think that they said that on the broadcast yesterday, but if course that is the lowest form of information so I am probably wrong.
    With the Rockstar team going orange, it seems like they would have have enough guys in the 450 class (and with Tomac moving up) they should keep Roczen in the 250s to get that title.
  3. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    the energy drinks continue to amaze me. a friend was in europe and said every 7-11 or whatever they have was jammed packed with energy drinks. the amount of cash they generate must be staggering. christ I've got close to $100 in my collection and they're all unopened! I did drink a few Red Bulls at the nationals they had them in the press tents all iced down and it was awful hot. I like the Red Bulls, I hear the Monster shakes are pretty decent. so the series is over...I thought it played out pretty well. Still hearing mixed information about Southwick, someone is taking over the track. My god to think I have as many nationals as I do as close as they are, the east gets more than their share. it was a great series. I hope Reed comes back strong I knew he couldn't have gotten that off pace that fast he was RIGHT THERE in 2012.

so Gordy, what SX do you want to hit in 2014? I think going back to Dallas would be never as good as the first time. too many other places to see. St. Louis still seems to be coming to mind. Isn't there one in MN? I need to get a ticket now for the one at Giants stadium before they're all gone..forgot about that.. Toronto isn't that far..did I ever tell you about the time in 1977 I was Pat Moroneys mechanic for the Montreal SX which amounted to getting drunk on the sponsor Molsons free beer? He got third behind...who gives a shit..

great outdoor series. I can't find it in the stores yet but they told me they used one of my pictures in the Oct. issue of RacerX with Tomac on the cover, a little one of Nicoletti cooling down at Buds Creek. page 132.

It's a start...
  4. IgoFar

IgoFar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah, the 450 field will be deeper next year, but I don't see anyone mounting a serious challenge to Villopoto, the guy is a step ahead of everyone. If anything, you might see Dungy being challenged for the number two spot.
  5. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    Tomac has turned faster lap times on a 250. :wink:
  6. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    :scratch

I somewhat want to go back to Dallas again. I like how it is early in the season and the venue is unbeatable. Too bad it's in Dallas. :lol3. ...or Arlington.

We kind of kicked around going to Anaheim and hitting Disneyland or something. :loco
  7. AlsoRan

AlsoRan PNF

Oddometer:
    Not to take anything away from RV but it's been annoying to hear Dungey or reports after each race that "they went back to the drawing boards" or they "had to make a bunch of changes" to the suspension, heck, even in Utah they were saying that. So hand it to Dungey for keeping up really with a bike that seems to always be in test mode. :bow

Would be interesting to see what could happen if things were sorted out.
  8. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    final standings for 2013 450's.

John Dowd's 2 points at Southwick gets him 46th.

Chad Reed. 15th
    Nicoletti 14th
    James Stewart 5th
    Clement Desalle rides 2 races in the US and gets 20th. Saw him at Unadilla in 2010 that guy hauls ass.
    Dean Wilson out since after round 2 gets 26th
    JGR nails down 10th and 11th with Brayton and Grant.
    Mike Brown 36th
  9. GotMojo?

GotMojo? Long timer

Oddometer:
    Erin Bates replacement for SX? Kelli Stavast?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 The only easy day was yesterday...

Oddometer:
    NOOO!!!! :cry

I still love EB...

Who did the MX coverage this season?
  11. GotMojo?

GotMojo? Long timer

Oddometer:
    Kelli did. Equally as cute, but better to listen to IMHO. Erin seems to make very little sense at times... Kelli is a much better "sideline reporter" if you ask me.
  12. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Last two tracks were UGLY ass tracks!:dealDungey still my fav,needs to get the bit between his teeth ALOT earlier than he does:eek1Fuckin season went by fast,or I'm gettin OLDER!:wink::lol3:clap
  13. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    he must be making it up I'm sure they were running the same bike all season long they just change the oil and put new tires on it each week.
  14. IgoFar

IgoFar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    True, but I don't think those times will translate over to the big 450. I don't think he'll be throwing that 450 around like he did the 250. There's no question he'll be a factor, but a serious challenge to RV? Possible, But not probable. I can't wait to see.
  15. HalfFastMoto

HalfFastMoto bRad

Oddometer:
    Ok, maybe I'm confusing this season with last but didn't Dungie have to pull out in the middle of the first moto of a race early this season because the new air spring shock lost all it's air. In the second moto he came out in the second moto with a standard shock and spanked everyone, of course all the Aliens had their own problems so Dungie was once again the best of the rest.

Personally my view is that Dungie and Windam have a lot in common - smooth & consistent - rarely takes chances - basically the best of the rest. As long as the Aliens are having problems he's the first contender but if he's having problems then all bets are off.
  16. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Aliens?

There's only one rider right now that maybe has alien status. And when Dungey is on he WAS matching lap times to the end. Thing is Dungey seems to have eased off the last few races.
    It has to be discouraging being able to walk away from the pack but then have someone walk away from you. A lot like the Carmichael/Reed years. Except Dungey is usually closer than Reed was.

You're right, the KTM has had a few mechanicals this season.

17. triumph406

triumph406 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That was the biggest reason we didn't go this year. We went last year, there were huge sections of the track you couldn't get close too as a spectator. I couldn't see a reason why that would be, paying money and then only getting to close to the action at a few spots is pathetic. I didn't expect it to be any better this year.

I wonder who makes the decision on fan access, the promoter, or MX sports?

Contrast that with Glen Helen or Washougal, where you can spectate at any point along the track.
  18. BadDogMax

BadDogMax Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mammoth Lakes is an awesome track... and the weather is cool this time of year. It could be a traffic nightmare with the lone forest road access, maybe something could be worked out.

I live near the Lake Elsinore track but I couldn't see myself sitting in bleachers baking in the sun. There is no natural shade, just tents and EZ-Ups.
  19. brents347

brents347 Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer:

Washougal has the same single road access. They manage. Barely.
  20. triumph406

triumph406 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If your leaving the parking at Washougal, they will direct you off to the left, down the road you came in on. Instead go to the right, that takes you down the access road that is closed in the morning to everybody without passes. That gets you out much more quickly.