Dual Sport Riders / Spots in Orlando, what groups meet up?

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by bitFUUL, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Sub Zero

Sub Zero Ice Breather!

Oddometer:

go for the WR. fuel injected with awesome suspension. that bike handles excellent. im not in favor of the DR650 because of its very very tall gearing and 17 inch rear wheel making it hard to find good dual sport or offroad tires. and not the KLR because its about 400 pounds wet. WR is super light, and flick able. its also pretty fast. on par with a DRZ400 almost.
  2. Johno33772

Johno33772 Johnny Africa

Oddometer:

Be a man ...get a 950/990 Ktm....right Jaydee....lol
    jaydee1445 likes this.
  3. Kommando

Kommando Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think a majority of our stuff is good for a sub-300lb 400cc (around 40WHP) with a wide spread of gearing. Grunt is nice in the deep stuff, but the 350lb+ weight of most 650s and bigger can wear you out if you're a bike-dropping noob like me. Whatever you decide to get, appropriate knobs with lowered PSI, and practicing good technique, can make riding sand much easier.
  4. OtownMike

OtownMike Electron Pusher

Oddometer:
    +1. Sportbike AND dualsport all in one! My 6fowty is a lot of fun too though. 950 isn't great for learning dirt, glad it was my second bike...
  5. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a 500 KTM to me... you can get em for around $9800.00:clap:eek1:lol3:wink:
  6. r311music

r311music n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the input. I'll just keep looking out for wr250r's. They are pretty hard to find, even new out here it seems. I might talk to the Kawi/Yamaha dealer I bought all three of my bikes from and see what they can do if nothing pops up the next few months.
  7. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:
    Any of you FFs interested in doing this this weekend? If so, post up on the Central Sandbox TOR thread.

Most likely a 2-day ride.
  8. Sub Zero

Sub Zero Ice Breather!

Oddometer:
    dunno about anything THAT extreme since im having to search between my couch cushions for gas money. but i AM planning on riding the XR to biketoberfest or w/e its called this sat with a group of ucf kids on sport bikes. ill prob branch off and do my own thing once i get there. those guys have a huge dick of an ego they like to wave around in your face. makes it no fun to socialize with em. :deal
  9. Sub Zero

Sub Zero Ice Breather!

Oddometer:
  10. r311music

r311music n00b

Oddometer:
    Haha yea. I have some friends in Dallas too, but that's quite a ride on a 250. I've extended my search to include all of FL and as far north as Atlanta. I'm still a few weeks from getting a nice check for selling my only 4 wheeled vehicle, and that will be my primary source to pay for the new bike. So once I get that, I'm getting real serious on the hunt.
  11. RichardD

RichardD Long timer

Oddometer:
  12. Ivan Burrell

Ivan Burrell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is it that I don't know how to read this forum or do I see the last post being from RichardD, Oct 20, 2012? Did time just stop here...at my house it's March 11, 2018. Anybody out there? I'm from Orlando and I'm looking for some buddies to ride with, dual sport.
  13. gadogad

gadogad

Oddometer:
    I'm around. Let me know when and where you want to ride.
  14. Ivan Burrell

Ivan Burrell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    gadogad, I live in the Semoran/Curry Ford area of Orlando...where do you live?
  15. gadogad

gadogad

Oddometer:
    I know that area well, I'm by UCF.
    Ivan Burrell likes this.
  16. Fango87

Fango87 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in Longwood, might go for a ride This Saturday, don't know where... I have tiger800, so nothing too crazy for me.
  17. KirkN

KirkN Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Go back in this thread and look up Sub Zero and pm him or email or whatever. He's usually up for a d/s ride with anyone anytime! Unfortunately, he doesn't check in too much here on ADV these days...
  18. Ivan Burrell

Ivan Burrell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    bitFUUL, I live in the Semoran and Curry Ford area and try to ride a couple times a week before the hot weather comes. I may head out to Merritt Island and the wildlife reserve areas tomorrow? I need to lube the chain and get gas and i'm ready to go around 10:00. What is your cruising speed with your 225? I take hwy 50 East to hwy 1 and go north to the Merritt Island bridge then head east exploring. Want to go tomorrow(Tuesday)? Anybody?
  19. Ivan Burrell

Ivan Burrell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I live in the Semoran and Curry Ford area and try to ride a couple times a week before the hot weather comes. I may head out to Merritt Island and the wildlife reserve areas tomorrow? I need to lube the chain and get gas and i'm ready to go around 10:00. What is your cruising speed with your 225? I take hwy 50 East to hwy 1 and go north to the Merritt Island bridge then head east exploring. Want to go tomorrow(Tuesday)? Anybody?
  20. Ivan Burrell

Ivan Burrell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks KirkN