SENA BLUETOOTH - Inmate's Special GROUP BUY!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by RocketMoto, Apr 25, 2010.

1. p40whk

p40whk n00b

Oddometer:
    For you guys that have used these units, the regular SMH10 is too bulky for my use but the SMH5 and the SMH10R will do the job. My concern is with the multipoint pairing; I've read that the SMH5 doesn't support this in an older post here but Sena's website shows that it does, probably they've upgraded the SMH5 to do this. I know the SMH10R has multipoint pairing but do you have to press any buttons to switch between paired units for either device or does it happen automatically?

Reason I ask is I want to pair either a Midland 445 BT or the Motorola MU350R two-way FRS/GMRS radio with the unit and use my iphone for music and press the Push to Talk button on the two way radio to communicate with other bikes.

The Midland 445 BT and the Motorola MU350R are both bluetooth radios and I've already gotten confirmation from Sena that they will pair with their devices. This will allow communication of up to 35 miles between bikes!.

Maybe I should be asking this in another forum but I ran across this post doing a search and it seams a lot of the users are here.

Thanks!
  2. RocketMoto

RocketMoto 2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer:
    Multipoint pairing is for the 'handsfree' mobile phone profile only, and the Sena will switch between, say, two mobile phones. My guess is - but you will have to confirm, that that these radios use the 'headset' profile, which does not multipoint pair.

The 35 mile range thing, is marketing BS. Perhaps in outer space, line of sight, you'll get 1/3 of that. Figure somewhere under 1/2 mile range on this planet, and you won't be too disappointed. In anything but clear, open terrain, you may find even that's a stretch.
  3. p40whk

p40whk n00b

Oddometer:
    Motorola hasn't released these radios yet, they're due in September. I'll send an email to them and ask what profile they use but you're probably right.

I'm interested in the new SMH5-FM, I didn't see the single unit on your site but I may bite the bullet on the dual pack.

I'm actually going to take one of these units and mount it on a helmet I use for my ultralight aircraft (the other for my bike) so the 35 mile range thing with the bluetooth GMRS radios should get close there (nothing but open skies).

For my bike, I'd be happy just to get a mile or two, I use radios like these when I snow ski and get at least that.

Either way, I've read nothing but good things about the Sena Blutooth devices so I'm confident you can't go wrong.
  4. p40whk

p40whk n00b

Oddometer:
    Ordered a set of the Sena SMH5-FM dual boxes from RocketMoto! Thanks Adam for the great customer service and talking me out of buying something I didn't need. Looking forward to getting them in hand an on my helmets! Hopefully Sena will add FM to the big brothers soon!
  5. MotoTex

MotoTex Miles of Smiles

Oddometer:
    or maybe NORAD . . .

I am pretty sure that RocketMoto is using actual rockets to deliver the products. There may even be UFO/Alien technology involved. :eek1

Placed an order on Friday afternoon for a replacement Clamp Kit for an SMH10. Nothing remarkable about this part of the story.

Received the goods via USPS (allegedly) on the following Monday. Which is of course, impossible. USPS just can't have managed to get a box halfway across the continent that quickly. :deal

From this I must theorize there must be some kind of time-warp technology involved, or, they are employing out of work UFO pilots to run deliveries.

There is no way that USPS is getting Priority Mail from New Hampshire to Texas in essentially one working day or less without advanced extra-terrestrial technology or assistance. No way.

Nonetheless, KUDOS to the fine folks at RocketMoto for managing this inexplicable feat. It has the feel of magic.

:clap:freaky
  6. Drumhawk

Drumhawk Lurker

Oddometer:
    Adam,
    I saw somewhere back in the annals of this post (or another Sena thread) a survey about an adapter bracket with earbud jack that also has speakers(I've looked back a little but did not find it). I recently saw the SMH-A0304 bracket with earbud connection but no speakers. I am interested in options so I have to wonder if the earbud or speaker model might be on the horizon?
    I'm about done with my Autocom and wires, frustrated with putting in the earbuds, connecting them to the Autocom loom then connecting the helmet to the system. The Sena systems are looking very nice but I have some very nice earbuds so I'd like to have the option to use on longer trips AND have the speakers in the helmet for commute/around town riding. Thanks,

Hawk
  7. slowgoer

slowgoer n00b

Oddometer:
    Not really for items discussed in this thread. PM sent for personal discount code for other items carried by you guys. Need to get these ordered. Thanks
  8. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Ya' know - we get pretty darn good service from the USPS. Priority Mail is typically 2 days, across the country. We've shipped packages on Saturday and they've arrived in Calif on Monday. Perhaps they're 'transporting' the packages to the destination...

[​IMG]
  9. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Hi Hawk:

This has to be the most requested of all Sena features. On their support forum, Sena is soliciting comments about this very topic. There are DIY hacks to enable either speakers or earbuds, but nothing 'off the shelf', at this moment.
  10. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Check yer PM :evil
  11. DefconZero

DefconZero Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just placed my order this morning for the Sena SMH10-11 (Universal mic set) and got them to upgrade the speakers to the Tork X-Pro.

Can't wait to test this out and finally be wire free!
  12. BwamSolid

BwamSolid n00b

Oddometer:
    I also just placed an order for a dual kit SMH10 with Tork X-pro upgrade (installation by Rocketmoto).

I must say I was pleasently surpised at the level of customer service I received. They really take their time and address all inquiries. Can't wait to test these out, Thanks Adam.

Fred
  13. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the order, Fred :clap

Give us a call if you hit any snags during the install in your helmets.
  14. JRWooden

JRWooden never attribute to malice...

Oddometer:
    Big applause to Adam and his team ... :clap
    I lost my SMH10 3 days into a 3 week trip, he over-nighted a replacement unit to me at my short term rental ...

Super service - THANKS!

The silence on the rest of the trip would have otherwise been deafening...
  15. Ron from BC

Ron from BC Long timer

Oddometer:
    How does the speaker upgrade work? Do you get the stock SMH10 kit and then buy the accessory helmet clamp/boom mic that takes the after market ear bud set up and the Tork speakers?

I've been using a Cardo Q2 for several years but after regular frustration am motivated to make the move....in part hoping for better sound quality in music that the Q2 offers and maybe even some Bass.

Thanks.. :ear
  16. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    On any Sena speaker clamp kit, we will remove the factory installed speakers and install the Tork's. We'll send the Sena speakers to you to keep handy, should you need the clamp replaced during the warranty period. If so, send the clamp to us, we'll replace it with a new one, and do the speaker swap for you, at no cost, other than return postage.

Make sense?
  17. Ron from BC

Ron from BC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Perfect sense thanks Adam.
  18. univibe88

univibe88 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is the Tork upgrade available on the SMH5?
  19. RSVridr

RSVridr backmarker

Oddometer:
    Another happy RocketMoto customer:clap
    I ordered some smh10's on Friday and they arrived today.
    Adam and Jeanette were awesome to deal with and very helpful. Definitely will be a returning customer. Thanks Again
  20. cavis

cavis n00b

Oddometer:
    PM sent... looking forward to ordering a couple SMH10 units!