DAKAR 2014 TV coverage and schedules

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Myway, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Brimstone

Brimstone Super Duper n00b!

Oddometer:
    ES typically does a short recap segment, then they get into the days stage highlights. They will do this for the bikes, cars and sometimes the trucks depending if they have time...

I know it's frustrating but understand they need to cut a piece together for all folks who may be watching, not just the rabid Dakar fans like us who demand only exclusive footage for 30 straight minutes!! :evil Hence we get the recaps and their little interview segments etc... Personally I have been watching the France4 footage. It is a full hour and is in every way superior, other than I don't understand French... The visuals are stunning though!
  2. crazybrit

crazybrit Defying any self identifying

Oddometer:
    I'm also having a much harder time this year making sense of the 30 minute ES highlights, I'm not sure why. It seems more jumbled, stuff from previous days mixed in.

I needed to brush up my French skills, maybe I'll try for DR 2015 :D
  3. FrikkieFerreria

FrikkieFerreria Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi

I am from South Africa and down here we are regulary blocked from watching streaming video and other content. The bigest tv company also controlls a big chunk of thd internet backbone here so everything is monopolised. I tried downloading the Dakar app for Andriod but surprize, surprize, its "Not Allowed" in this country. It sucks. If you do not subscribe to DSTV, your only chance to see footage is by the gracious people who seeds recordings of the 26 mins shows, but its always a day or 3 behind. So far only managed to download stage 4, so I am already 2 days behind.

Is there anyone who knows how I get hold of the Dakar APK from another source other than google playstore?
  4. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Go on wilddogs.

If anyone knows how, those buggers will.
  5. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    Asks for a credit card? That ain't happening. :cry
  6. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ofcourse, but when i click on the eurosport button, no card asking.
  7. 90 wt

90 wt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This just in, ES now showing Dakar competitors have given up riding and have decided to settle the race over a marathon game of snooker. :lol3
  8. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thats over now and we are talking racing safety clothes with Carlton...what the hell happened to the Dakar broadcast :scratch
  9. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looking in the schedule (availible in the 1st post on this thread), I see it will start at 22h30?
  10. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    See the different ES schedules for uk british and europe.

There are also ES livestreamer with vlc strings working.
  11. 90 wt

90 wt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Last year, the live snooker trumped the Dakar show everyday. I've learned to be patient this year. :*sip*
  12. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    More snooker here. :puke1
  13. conanony

conanony Adventurer

Oddometer:
    <start rant="">---Start rant---

I thought the Eurosport coverage was borderline pathetic and as for Carlton Kirby he seems to often get lost in his own words and also often lags the visuals by a margin.

The 6 or more minutes of talking cr@p to Loeb was a complete waste of time when there's actually a rally on and there's only 30 mins of highlights anyway, FFS, leave that for the interviews section!

They have hours and hours and hours of footage and keep repeating clips of early on in the race thoughout the reports.

Kirby and Eurosport clearly don't like women either, Laia Sanz's incredible 16th place overall and her progress during the race was hardly even mentioned and not once did they have an insert on her :eek1 SHAME on them, </start><start rant="">:dizave.

Lastly, whoever thought the over-exposed yellow flashes in the Eurosport coverage was a good idea should be strung up by his ....., :dizave
    ---end rant---

<rant over=""></rant></start>
  14. philipbarrett

philipbarrett Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Google "private VPN"
  15. philipbarrett

philipbarrett Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I actually like Kirby's style, he gets that we're not watching it live and doesn't try to sound like it is. As for his delay he's probably got the French announcer track in his ear and translating it live.

As for Loeb, goodness yes! Of course he's French and this is French TV. Believe it or not there is actually much less re-cap this year but I agree totally on Sanz and can we at least get one story about the amateurs racing with nothing but a big white trunk for support?

Flash frames were all the rage here in the late 90's, I guess the French are just getting them.
  16. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Can someone do the math?????? for the DAKAR 2014 TV coverage and schedules page
    <!-- #dg-breadcrumb-trail -->
    I be intrested who used it, where they come from US JP AR etc., used by none inmates?

What they click most.
    What is never been clicked.

To all inmates

What did you use the most from the DAKAR 2014 TV coverage and schedules page
    What do you like most.
    What is valuable, even you click it not so often.

Give feedback
  17. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Once again a fantastic effort there Myway, thank you very much! :freaky Wow. :bow

What did you use the most.
    VLC - France 4 & separately Internet links for fox sports and eurosport. I also watch all you posts of the spanish and dutch highlights

What do you like most.
    France 4, and the video clips posted

The schedule, and your playlists
  18. London

London Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you Myway, this thread has been so useful to me (I am from the UK):

Valuable, even though I click it not so often:
    - VLC instructions on use (I forget and have to read every year)
    - Stage info - starting times, used a few times a week
    - Time conversions - used a few times a week

Like most:
    - Playlists/internet links - Watched France4 and Eurosports everyday, Fox sometimes, and of course Bolivian TV

Now I just need to learn French and Spanish
  19. auguzt

auguzt get on with it

Oddometer:
    Myway, your VLC channel list was simply AWESOME thank you very much! Your F5 gold medal is totally deserved!:clap

Who used it, where is he from:
    Italy!

What did you use the most.
    VLC with your "custom" channel list, mostly for France4 and sometimes Spanish TV. I used it also for Eurosport but I found it more "flowing" from web browser. Sometimes also Fox Sports SA from web browser. (I also think my internet connection is not that efficient...:baldy)
    Then Radio Maray through VLC. They're great!

Time conversions (most of the time I just followed the "It's on" posts for live contents)
    Videos posted during the F5irehose. But I am going to check them all soon.:evil
  20. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    I used it as my first startpage of the day, say as my own favorits list. to shift quicker.
    On the page:
    start up new tabs, live timing, live feed,etc
    check tv schedules.

who else did use it as a startpage and what links.
    did you use the social media link page.etc.

and my "motto" was. Take your own way, and paste what i see in the f5irehose.