The Greater Catskills Area BK.RD.Run Version 5.0 Aug 17th & 18th 2013

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by BK.RD.RNR, Jan 26, 2013.

1. sallydog

sallydog https://sallydog.smugmug.com/Pets/LD-Travel/

Oddometer:
    like an extra pillow? :clap
  2. Looksgoodinblack

Looksgoodinblack Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think LGIR's signature ribs in beer will be in order.

And some kielbasy for the Bbq plus beer for Sallydog. Shit I need a bigger trailer!
  3. sallydog

sallydog https://sallydog.smugmug.com/Pets/LD-Travel/

Oddometer:
    :clap
  4. GirlRyder

GirlRyder Queen of Flugistan

Oddometer:
    Have to remember the extra pillow! lol
  5. BK.RD.RNR

BK.RD.RNR Torque Stick

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

More to come...
  6. rudyunknown

rudyunknown Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    if i am there.....be ready to have the tandoori chciken of ur life :)
    its spicy :norton
  7. BK.RD.RNR

BK.RD.RNR Torque Stick

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap
  8. Wreckster

Wreckster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking foward to this year. Can even make some pre-rides. I either need to trade my bike or work out something with the suspension, however.. time will tell.
  9. Steveo1o9

Steveo1o9 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am new around these parts and just stumbled upon this thread and think it sounds like a great time. I am in the Kingston / Saugerties area and know plenty of roads in the area. Only problem is that I am street only, no dirt for me with my FZ1, so hopefully some other street only riders will be interested. Hopefully I will be able to attend this event and/or some of the other area rides!
  10. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
  11. Steveo1o9

Steveo1o9 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Actually that picture is from the summit of Giant Mt. in the Adirondacks, I use that as my avatar on all forums I am active on. But surprisingly you are not the first person to ask me that question.
  12. Carl_T_DRZ

Carl_T_DRZ n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys,
    I've stopped in and read the forum from time to time, but not much real posting on my part before this. This looks interesting for sure since it's in the area. Would enjoy hooking in for a pre-ride at the least, hopefully attend if possible. Old grizzled one here, used to be a District 34 expert class mx runner in the truly ancient days. Stopped riding dirt for a long while, but back to it for some dirt enjoyment before the old folks home, just not at the pace I used to run.

memrph I'm pretty close by you, between New Paltz and Kingston. My Son (around your age) is learning to ride on a Kaw KLX (and WeeSTrom), we'll be occasionally running some outlying area dirt roads this summer as part of that learning experience. Perhaps you'll be interested in coming with, relaxed pace for his experience level. Probably a good way for you to get your feet wet.

It won't be early spring as I've a ton of winter projects in the works to complete before I split the cases on my DRZ and put in a wide ratio gear set. Probably will update it with and overbore, carb, and kickstarter at the same time, so Mid May would be the currently expected time to get hold of me if you're interested.
  13. memrph

memrph n00b

Oddometer:
    That sounds great, i really have very little dirt experience and would be happy to gain some and it seem like you have a lot of experience i could pic for advice as well. And certainly interested in findings place to ride in the dirt around here. Feel free to get ahold of me when you guys are ready to ride. Either here, or you can pm me for my email, etc.
  14. Carl_T_DRZ

Carl_T_DRZ n00b

Oddometer:
    'Kay will do.
  15. BluePill

BluePill AARP Slacker

Oddometer:
    Oh Yeah! One more thing... Rode2Nowhere will NOT ride sweep this year!!! :lol3

X2 For BP. Cough, cough.:eek1
  16. BluePill

BluePill AARP Slacker

Oddometer:
    As promised, More Photos................

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. BK.RD.RNR

BK.RD.RNR Torque Stick

Oddometer:

:tb A spirited pace indeed! You can be my codriver/ navigator... So long as you are sure to bring your nitroglycerine tablets with you. :deal:D
  18. ny-wolcott

ny-wolcott Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Summer-N. Catskills,NY; Winter-Ocala NF, FL
    I see that there might be an interest in a pavement ride option. If so, I'd be happy to lead, BUT:

Group size - no more than 6 bikes.
    Bike types - Sport bikes, sport tourers, GS types, Supemotos, sporty standards, etc. Sorry, but cruisers and big tourers would not be comfortable.
    Gear- Full protective gear (full face helmets, leather or fabric protective riding suits, boots, gloves) No Levis, sneakers.
    Tires - Good condition. Plan on 300-400 miles of fast riding, possibly more depending on the group.

I ride in a spirited, but not over-the-top manner. I cruise at anywhere up to 70 MPH (75 on your speedo 'cause its off by 10%). The NYSP gives you 15 over the limit before ticketing. Can't vouch for sheriffs or locals. I DO pass on the double yellow if conditions are comfortable. If this makes you nervous, don't join us.

General rules: Basically as stated in the old Motorcyclist article titled "The Pace" by NIck Ianatsh. NO racing. Smooth but quick.Stay in you lane (or consider it a crash). If you don't like to ride behind whoever's in front of you, reposition at a stop. You're responsible for the rider behind you. If you lose him, wait for him, etc. The next rider up should do the same for you. Regroup at all road changes.

If you're comfortable with all this, I'll lead you on some great twisty paved roads through several counties.

Ride is cancelled if it rains.

Of course, all this has to meet with Fran's approval.

EDIT---
    Got Fran's approval.

Will do a sign-up post a couple weeks before the ride.
  19. BK.RD.RNR

BK.RD.RNR Torque Stick

Oddometer:

Anyone is welcome to lead a ride, or follow whomever they choose.

If anyone is unhappy with a ride leader's rules, they are welcome to devise their own ride, or follow a different group.

Thanks for stepping up NY-W! :freaky
  20. Chuckracer

Chuckracer Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer:
    Last year at this event I brought down my Ducati 900SS to ride the twisties in the Catskills. Mr. Wolcott here handed me with a map complete with highlighted routes and a good 45 minute verbal ride guide.

He was right on the money. It was the most fun 300 miles I've ever ridden in this state.

I'd follow him through the very flames of Hades itself, provided there's a lunch stop in there somewhere. :D