Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. HalfPlate

HalfPlate What? Where?

Oddometer:
    If anyone wants to meetup and ride Amherst area Saturday:

I figure I will prob camp at the campground off 60 at Pedal River Rd and Jordan Rd (37.748606, -79.264711). Plan is to head out of New Kent sometime Friday evening and just crash in the back of the SUV at the campground, than up early to get as many miles in as I can. If we don't meet up in the morning, the flight plan more or less will be: shoe creek to the levels (from coal road up to BRP), misc gravel, lunch in BVista at the outside burger joint around 12 or 1, than who knows what (kind of want to try the ATV trails at 150 and BRP, haven't done that since my ole cr250 days) I will keep an eye on my phone so shoot me a pm, email, txt msg, call, smoke signal or a flare. :lol3
  2. FormerInmate 081920

FormerInmate 081920 Guest

Oddometer:
    :thumb welcome. enjoy, look around and beware of going down to the basement :eek1:lol3
  3. HalfPlate

HalfPlate What? Where?

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the site, have fun and get out and go on a group ride sometime. I can proudly say these are some of the nicest guys I have ever met, not one ahole in the group (and that's rare these days). BTW I love the fact the you rode the KLR to Harbor Freight :clap Reminds my of that picture of Toodz with a Christmas tree on the back of the GS.
  4. buckrut1972

buckrut1972 H.R. Nightmare

Oddometer:
    I have 2 each 2xl textile vented jackets for sale....

River Road (black and grey) is dang near brand new $80

Field Sheer (black) is used and broke in but no visible wear and tear $60

Have inner liners for both....

Will post pics in a few....

Just checkin if any locals are interested....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have not heard back from anybody so there are no real plans yet.
  6. Whitfield

Whitfield Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :cry :ricky :drif

Killing me ~ If only I could make the escape while my stunt double does daddy duty.

7. Dirtmonkey8

Dirtmonkey8 VA is for Riders

Oddometer:
    Funny. I was going to say " You had me at Shoe Creek". And I think the smoke signal is probably the best option but w better get a code established. Cell reception out there is terrible.

I will likely go for a little ride tonight and the next night, and the next. Family is gone through the weekend. I am a free man! No stunt double required.
  8. Chessie-Owner

Chessie-Owner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    anyone have a sport bike insured here? I just got quoted for an 09 1198 at over 2k a year:cry. About had a heart attack... I figured it would be expensive but seriously do people just buy sport bikes and instantly get in accidents... :dizave progressive. btw I have one ticket and 0 accidents ever.

any way I could just insure it for the few months I would be riding it? Return plates to dmv during the winter and store it in the garage safe and sound covered under homeowners insurance. But seriously the guy wished me a happy birthday and then tells me my insurance would be rased by $1680 a year.
  9. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Check around. I've noticed quotes on my bikes vary by 200-300 percent from company to company. I'll admit to not riding anything that would be considered a sport bike though.
  10. Charles

Charles Formerly known as Dr Whipit Supporter

Oddometer:
    I use Dairyland but I don't have a sport bike. I've heard State Farm just goes by cc's and not by type of bike.
  11. biker128pedal

biker128pedal Super Lurker

Oddometer:
    Somebody has to pay Flow to do the commercials.
  12. ptownjohnny

ptownjohnny Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have state farm and they were the cheapest for my kawasaki 636 . they do go by c.c. not type of bike . but I think this is a package car/bike . ball park 500 per year for a new bike around 10,000 - 12,000 full coverage . give them a call
  13. kwn306

kwn306 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The wife and I are insured with Allstate, we have 4 bikes; R1200GSA, F650GS, KLR and an antique Guzzi, we are both olde farts, I pay $400 year full coverage on everything @ 100K / 300K so we are well insured. I haven't had a ticket since 1976.............just call me very lucky :D
  14. ptownjohnny

Oddometer:
    you are lucky , my reckless driving ticket ended my allstate relationship , had to porgresve for a few years ouch !:eek1
  15. ptownjohnny

Oddometer:
    you are lucky , my reckless driving ticket ended my relationship with allstate . had to with progressive for afew years 1500 per year for a cruiser ouch![​IMG]
  16. ptownjohnny

Oddometer:
    is this a camp ground . just put some new sneakers on the ktm , I was going up sat. morning . I thinking about moving plans to Friday , would liketo ride with you guys again . dirt monkey how is dans shoulder not sure of the name
  17. DirtDoctor

DirtDoctor Long timer

Oddometer:
    Welcome BritishBulldog!!
  18. Skippii

Skippii Did you eat my Zinger???

Oddometer:
    Anyone else want to ride from here to Baltimore on Tuesday to see a heavy metal concert?
    Wintersun is coming from Finland. This will be the 3rd time I've seen them.
    <object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/K2p9PsVD9Ho?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/K2p9PsVD9Ho?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  19. HalfPlate

HalfPlate What? Where?

Oddometer:
    Yea those coordinates will take you to a small campground just off rt60 west of Amherst (its call Oronco). I should be rolling in around 8-9 tonight, I hope see you there.
  20. Scotty P

Scotty P Funny Like a Clown

Oddometer:
    Just a warning:lol3 I'll be leaving SMIBville about 10 am heading down to Richmond.:wink: