Teal campers - anyone seen one of these??

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by eakins, Aug 12, 2011.

1. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
  2. fasterlaster

fasterlaster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  3. _Magoo_

_Magoo_ master of disaster....

Oddometer:
    cool concept, but supply problems.......205!
  4. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    At least they seem honest and stopped taking money...LOL Other companies keep taking and not tell you in hopes they find a supplier. So I give them a thumbs up for that....
  5. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    i read about the supplier issue too. i would hardly call him dead in the water.
    hopefully he doesn't give up that easy like you guys do. geez i guess no entrepreneurs in this group who have dealt with setbacks. he'll find someone to produce as there has to be hungry production facilities out there somewhere. of course he could just outsource it to china, but hopefully it doesn't go that way.

anyway moving on past the no crowd, i was wondering if anyone has seen one or any kind of pricing since it's a local company? there has be some in loveland somewhere or someone knows the dude. the modular idea is way cool and my guess is the pricing has to be reasonable since you bring the trailer & the assembly. he has working copies of his stuff, so it's not just vaporware.

as for non trailer installations, his double-wide on top of platform deck would make an inexpensive mountain cabin. http://www.tealinternational.com/TealCamper/shelters.html

plus his concept of it on a drop deck trailer and you can roll a bike inside to tow it makes it potentially the worlds cheapest toyhauler.
  6. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    agreed. very stand up imo.
  7. Mac

Mac Long timer

Oddometer:
    The phone number is listed on his site. Have you considered calling the owner and having a chat?

(I know, crazy idea. It'd probably be better to ask opinions from a bunch of people who don't have any direct knowledge or information.)
  8. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    fair enough.

sure i can do that, but my phone call travels a good bit farther & the quality is all over the place. i know there are inmates in his area that might have beta. being in mexico traveling, i'm not looking to buy one nor can i personally see what he has to offer. that's all. guess no one has seen one yet. no worries. i think the modular concept is awesome and if i ever am living in the us & colorado again , i'll personally check it out.
  9. wakewop

wakewop Hucker

Oddometer:
    Saw these At the rv show. I do believe the price was around 6g.
    The group we were with all had the same reactionto the price , whatever it was.
    Reaction was " wow, that's a lot. Good luck with selling them. ".
    In person it was really a cool idea and look. Kinda like camping in a giant cooler with some windows.
    Another quirk of the unit is that the while think is held together by a big ratchet strap.
    If it failed , the whole thing is going to end up in pieces all over the road.
  10. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    That would be a lot for a trailer size...I would have expected that in the 'House' design size. It is a neat idea, I could see it being used as a cabin...easy enough for anyone to put together vs dealing with nails and wood and cutting and stuff in the middle of nowhere.
  11. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    that's what i was looking for. thnx.

so 6K and you still provide the trailer (@ another 1k) and put it together???

wow, way too much. maybe that was for the shell and all the inside cabinets and such. still seems too high. http://www.buylifetime.com/products/blt/pid-65013.aspx looks still to be better but still not cheap.
    does it really cost $4500 more to build a tent like that above a trailer???
    and that is really a $700 trailer.

it always seems that even the most basic trailer or camp system is always north of 5k. so you can have a huge family tent for $300 http://www.amazon.com/Eureka-Grand-Manan-Tour-sleeps/dp/B0038R5XJK
    i own this one and its great, but try to sleep of the ground 12" (and we're talking basic beds that could be matched with a $100 queen air matress in the above tent. that's what i do with room to spare) and the price jumps $5000 minimum and you still need to pay for have the trailer on the road via tags. guess just that's just how it is.
  12. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    yeah if the complete mountain cabin was that price, agreed.

take it up to your undeveloped piece of land you own in the mtns. for the summer and take it back apart before winter. that's what i was thinking considering the price/time of building a cabin or even using a yurt. http://www.coloradoyurt.com/
  13. wakewop

wakewop Hucker

Oddometer:
    Found my pricing notes from the show.

Model 4x8 - $4,995 -
    Model 5x8 - $5,495 -
    Model 5x10 - $5,995

Trailer models.
  14. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    Or in this bad economy you just buy a USED Pop Up Camper:
    http://www.campingworld.com/rvsales/pop-up/8&affiliateid=3278?gclid=CPaQ1sCR0qoCFRl0gwod0gn40g

Seems there are bigger and better things...although the house idea is neat...not very cost effective. Plus typical plastic assembly how many times can you take it apart before plastic tabs break warp, or disintegrate from the CO sun???
  15. Shercoman

Shercoman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yep,that's too much considering I bought an extremely nice 31 foot fifth wheel for $7400.
    Many nice used campers out there for this kind of money.