Beemer Buddies handgrip covers group buy for BMW bikes (from Cure for Skinny Grips)

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by adkjack, Oct 14, 2011.

1. trc.rhubarb

trc.rhubarb ZoomSplat!

Oddometer:
    Hey Dave,
    Not yet. I figured I'd finish wearing these out first :) up to about 13k on them and still not wearing further than last time. I figued there might be some ultra-super sharkskins in the future :D

I'll be in touch soon, I'm sure.
  2. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    trc.rhubarb-

Glad you're getting good, extended use on the original model of my grips. Seems that folks are pretty happy with our current SUPER SHARKSKIN model, so feel free to order that one when the time comes.

Happy and safe riding to you!

Best,

Dave R.
  3. josross

josross Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ello, David

finally came the Grips, great product for my r1200gs.

thank you :clap
  4. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    josross-

You are very welcome. Bottom line is that no matter how quickly I ship something (especially internationally), I am at the mercy of the USPS in terms of how quickly your package gets delivered. The hell of it is that USPS has been shown to be the best alternative by all measures.

Glad you got 'em, and many happy and safe riding miles to you.

Best,

Dave R.
  5. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have received a lot of pm's and emails from Inmates here who report that they really like the SUPER SHARKSKINS in terms of the added feeling of "substantialness" and overall increased durability over the original OGB's. Then the other day a guy contacted me to say that he had bought a set of the SS's, but had not had a chance to try them yet because the originals were still in fine shape at 13,000 miles and 15 months. Go Figure?

I guess the bottom line is that whether originals or SUPER SHARKSKINS, there are lots of folks out there very happy with their grips and loyal to the brand.

Thanks to so many who have bought over the last several years, and who have given me an opportunity to contribute to their ergonomic bike comfort.

Best,

Dave R.
  6. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
    Going to do another post on our blog about the farkles we have installed on our '13 F8's. I now have enough km to make a really informed impression about how much we love the SS. Coming soon Dave I promise. Leslie

If you see typos it's my phones fault!
  7. terraunbound

terraunbound Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can't wait to try these! The grips on the F700 are also really skinny. My hands are typical women's hands; I can't imagine how cramped the grips would feel with large NBA-sized hands (you know, where they can grip a basketball easily)
  8. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    terraunbound-

I think you will be very happy you got my OBB's. Please let me know what you think.

Best,

Dave R.
  9. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have been looking for your ride report on the new SUPER SHARKSKINS. Did you feel that they "filled" your hands satisfactorily? Many have reported that they no longer felt the need to have a death grip on their handgrips once they started using my OBB's, and actually made them safer on their respective rides because they were no longer distracted by handgrip discomfort. Candidly, that is what we found with the motorcycle safety students we worked with, and for whom we developed this product some years ago.

Your thoughts?

Dave R.
  10. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Soph9-

Hey you transplanted Yankee. Why haven't I heard from you in a while. I called up the dealership where you were giving your presentation the night you gave it, but somehow I missed you.Was going to surprise you. How bout your ride report on the new SS's??

Signed,

Sad and lonely in Saratoga Springs (LOL)
  11. Hucker

Hucker Lost

Oddometer:
    Tried the "advrider" coupon code and no luck.:cry
  12. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Sorry Hucker. That was the sale we ran last year. "God willing and the creek don't rise", I'll get the time to code my website so I can run a sale on the older original model. Only obstacle is about 8 hours writing code and implementing it into the Website. Keep watching the thread, because I'll surely announce it.

Best,

Dave R.
  13. terraunbound

terraunbound Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Since I live in the land of snow and late springs, I was really happy when the weather finally cooperated and I was finally able to go riding yesterday with the Super Sharkskins on the grips! They are so nice and cushy; my hands were much more relaxed than with the stock grips.

And I was really happy that the heat from the grip heaters came through the SS's; there is a slight delay but not unusually so. Installation was easy; I waited for a fairly warm day, in the 50's, so that the sticky back would adhere well to the grips. Completely worth it and glad to be buying from an inmate.
  14. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    terraunbound-

First of all. . . . . . .nice job on your forum name. Conjures up an image of you catching some air as you roar over some uneven terrain on your bike!

I believe you have captured some of the high points of why I developed this product. One of my friends said it well the other day in casual conversation when he was describing my grips to someone:

" It is an affordable motorcycle accessory that solves a really big problem."

Thank you for your extremely kind and insightful observations and comments.

Ride safely!

Dave R.
  15. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Breaker, Breaker 19. . . . . . . . .Soph 9, are you out there?????. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Where are you SOPH9 ??
  16. soph9

Oddometer:
    HAHAHAHA I heard someone from NY called the shop. too funny:lol3...it's coming just too many things on my plate..
  17. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Excuses. . . . . . .Excuses. . . . . . . .
  18. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Soph 9: SS Ride Report???????
  19. soph9

Oddometer:
    Patience
  20. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Good! Just wanted to make sure you were still alive and kicking.