NJ, Saturday, 5/4, Mixed Surface Ride

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by wpbarlow, May 1, 2013.

1. wpbarlow

wpbarlow Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Going to Hermy's Open House. Good sale prices and that thing that's said you can't get-- a free lunch :lol3

Kickstands up at 10:30 from the Citgo gas station at the intersection of Frenchtown Road (aka 519) and Bridge Street in Milford

[​IMG]
  2. ballpeen

ballpeen _______________ Supporter

Oddometer:
    In.
  3. bemiiten

bemiiten League of Adventures

Oddometer:
    Me too :ricky
  4. lulo

lulo Cochino Aventurero

Oddometer:
    Now im in....

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2
  5. ballpeen

Oddometer:
    Good group developing.
  6. KTMNoose

KTMNoose KTMNoose

Oddometer:
    Good chance I'm in
  7. avc8130

avc8130 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm shooting to attend. I plan to leave Newton ~9 to get to the Citgo.

ac

Edit: Change of plans. I'm not gonna make it. I AM going to make one of these rides one of these times.

ac
  8. jessehere

jessehere Ridin'

Oddometer:
    I'm in with pillion.
  9. jessehere

jessehere Ridin'

Oddometer:
    Thanks again commander!! Was one the best. Who has picture?
  10. docgonzo

docgonzo Great Old Turtle

Oddometer:
    within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
    Was a spectacular tasting "supper" of 4 hours of incredible Pa twisties and dirt. Great job, Walter, and great job everyone who was on the ride, for making it relatively painless to keep the group together.

Here are a couple of photos:

The NY Metro Dirt drop site:
    [​IMG]

The open house at Hermy's:
    [​IMG]

And the best part....FREE LUNCH (pulled pork and fantastic baked beans!)
    [​IMG]
  11. ballpeen

Oddometer:
    Apart from some sweet roads and spring vistas about the best looking thing I saw all day was this Charger when we stopped for gas. Anyone else gawk at it?

[​IMG]
  12. wpbarlow

Oddometer:
    Great ride today folks :thumb

The weather was sure nice. No complaints except that my pants cuffs got a little dusty :lol3

We had 8 riders and 7 bikes to start, 2 BMWs, 1 KLR, 4 KTMS.

[​IMG]

Left Milford on the cyan route to hook up to the green route (which I did from Belvidere a couple years ago). Returned via the magenta.

[​IMG]

Brian had to head back to try to find his phone (any luck?) which he lost along the route.

As Barry mentioned, we stopped en route to drop a duck

[​IMG]

Lunch was good, and we were soon back on the road. But first-- the latest in high quality tank protection worthy to be used on such a fine piece of German engineering. Obviously only the finest Corinthian leather will do, as well as high quality Scotch brand painters tape :lol3

[​IMG]
  13. docgonzo

docgonzo Great Old Turtle

Oddometer:
    within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
    Forgot to mention that the 4 hours of endless twisties and dirt had some VERY interesting sections of fresh, deep gravel, which is always fun, and some very interesting downhill, descending radius dirt and gravel turns that definitely got your attention. And little traffic. And 70 degree weather. And did I mention "Free Lunch"?

Walter, you won't believe this, but your ride yesterday was More Fun then Tagging!!!!!:D:D
  14. O.C.F.RIDER

O.C.F.RIDER Loose nut behind h/bars

Oddometer:
    Sounds like I missed a very good ride. :cry

Chris
  15. mrxinpa

mrxinpa Just Get Out and Ride !!!

Oddometer:
    NEPA Right at Base of Blue Mountain Ski Area .5 mi
    Looking at your route going out to Hermy's once you went up over Smith Gap road on down into Palmerton you went right past my house.:clap:clap

The wife said she had seen a couple Big KTM's along with a couple other bikes go past the house. Now we know the rest of the story.
  16. KTMNoose

KTMNoose KTMNoose

Oddometer:
    All,

Sorry I had to drop half way there (very shortly after the citco stop). I dropped my phone and had to at least go back and attempt to find. I did let the guy on the Kawi know (sorry never got name), hopefully he relayed the info to you and I did not cause too much disruption. Anyway, I did not find it (surprise). I went back and reviewed my hero cam footage and saw what happened and exactly where I lost her. Long story short...plugged in to charge, turned out of citco and cable pulled from cradle. Hung in there until the first turn off and then BAM. There was a car that I passed immediately and I am almost certain they snagged it. In reviewing the search footage (camera still rolling while going back), a jogger happened upon that way so she is suspect as well:)

Good times while I lasted. Looks like it turned out fine!!
  17. wpbarlow

Oddometer:
    Too bad. Hope you get contacted re it.

On a similar note-- when we stopped at the Bridge Cafe in Frenchtown on the way back, I called my wife to tell her when I was getting home. I "temporarily" put the phone on my tailbag. I was the last to leave the Cafe and a couple miles out of Frenchtown I had the sinking feeling that I never put the phone away. A quick check confirmed it, and I headed back along the route. Nada. I got back to the Cafe and low and behold, the phone was sitting face-down in the middle of the street! Not only was it surprising that it hadn't been run over, but there were about 15 people outdoor dining 20 feet away who I guess never saw it fall off. So I got lucky.
  18. GillT

GillT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    These incidents seem to be growing in our circle lately...glad to hear you found your phone WB
  19. PullingG's

PullingG's What?

Oddometer:
    Most phones (iPhone, Windows) have a "find my phone " feature. If not damaged, may be still active. Otherwise, hope it finds it way back.
  20. KTMNoose

KTMNoose KTMNoose

Oddometer:
    I tried the find my iPhone but no luck...either it has not been powered on or some groundhog has claimed it "wilson".:lol3

Glad to hear you found your's Walter. I have since picked up a new one and fortunate for me, I was up for the upgrade and secured the 4S for just $53:clap

See it not so live here:
    http://youtu.be/1eh4VYjq70o