Roanoke Area Tag O Rama

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by Gilerd, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Davo-55

Davo-55 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ok tallbob. From where your bike is parked, walk PAST the sign. Then looking from that direction, look at the sign post on the LEFT (uphill side). At the bottom of the sign post remove the flat rock that is in the 9 o'clock position. RAT is underneath. I know you have done work at the Radford Arsenal, this is much easier and safer. Caution to all...do not forget that there may be traces of snow still near the top of Potts Mountain.. I was hauling A-- up the mountain, entered a tight curve at about twice the "recommended" posted speed and encountered the snow run off. Rear tire slid about a foot over, then grabbed dry pavement and stood straight up. I was about 5 mph away from a high side
  2. Davo-55

Davo-55 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I suspect that Tallbob was searching on the wrong side of the sign. There is no way that the RAT would have been noticed and removed. I ASSUMED that my pictures led a obvious path, but that is probably my mistake for ASSUMING. Tallbob, I would be happy to ride up there with you on Sunday, at this point I am curious
  3. NVTS

NVTS Arrivee Secteur Special

Oddometer:
    Half of TVR will be up that way this morning. Soon we'll know if the RAT will show. NVTS
  4. AB13

AB13 Ridge Runner

Oddometer:
    TVR is a Roanoke club? street or dirt. :D
  5. KingJarhead

KingJarhead Long timer

Oddometer:
  6. NVTS

NVTS Arrivee Secteur Special

Oddometer:

street with a dirty little habit.:D
  7. AB13

AB13 Ridge Runner

Oddometer:
    Looks great I will try to get to a breakfast some time I would also be glad to donate a door prize or two for your Rally. :D AB
  8. tallbob

tallbob Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I didn't pay close enough attention to the pictures. I thought it was under the rock at the post closest to the road. I looked around the other post but didn't pick up the rock. When I got home and looked at the pictures again it was obvious so the rat is probably still there.
  9. tastroman

tastroman Long timer

Oddometer:

I can think of a lot worse places to ride to if you are going to get bruced.
  10. tallbob

Oddometer:
    Went back to Potts Mt. this morning and looked under the right rock. Took Mr. Rat to the TVR breakfast and then on a tour of West Va. then home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. tallbob

Oddometer:
    Mr. Rat said he wanted a ride on a real motorcycle.:D I got the old Hog out and headed south.

[​IMG]

This intersection is just a stones throw from the Parkway. Squirrel Spur gets real squirrely south of here so be sure to ride the whole thing if you haven't been on it 100 times like some around here. :evil

[​IMG]

Look behind ths tree under the rock for Mr. Rat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. Davo-55

Davo-55 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Happy to see you got the grab after all!! I have not made it to a Paintbank breakfast yet. Maybe next month, my 1 year anniversary with TVR
  13. TeneRay

TeneRay Emotional Supporter

Oddometer:
    Damn, I was just on the BRP all afternoon between Roanoke and 58. Did you make a stop at Mabry? I was riding a black FZ8 dressed in black with a black dual sport helmet.

14. tallbob

Oddometer:
    I rode the Parkway from Tuggle's Gap down to Groundhog Mt. then Squirrel Spur up to Meadows of Dan where I stopped for gas. A storm was coming in so I went back to Tuggle's then Rt.8 to Christiansburg then home. Rode in the rain for about 10 miles then got out of it. It was great to ride all day in such warm temperatures for March!!
  15. KingJarhead

KingJarhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    The RAT is on the move!!!
    [​IMG]
  16. KingJarhead

KingJarhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    This Rat is a true Hooligan... As we sit here to take in the view and plan the next hiding spot... He is trying to convince me to take him across the state line..... He said "Take me across the border.... They will come for me"! A true hooligan.
    [​IMG]
  17. KingJarhead

KingJarhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Rat Nest...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Or
    [​IMG]
    I did not fall into the trap, he is still in the boundaries.
  18. Am.E

Am.E Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice! You've been busy King....way to resist the RAT's hooligan influence :)....

That location is just begging to get poached....so tempting....but its so cold out :lol3.....
  19. Am.E

Am.E Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok fine, its not THAT cold out. The sun even tried to come out for awhile this afternoon.

Grabbed the Rat from his idyllic overlook of the Dan river:
    [​IMG]
  20. Am.E

Am.E Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We didn't go far today, just upstream for a little adventure:

[​IMG]

The Rat wanted to hang out by the river a little more and watch the fishermen. His nest is in the guardrail with some leaves :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]