Out and About - Scouring California

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Tyler, Jun 20, 2013.

1. bemiiten

bemiiten League of Adventures

Oddometer:
    Nice pics Tyler!
  2. MufflerBearings

MufflerBearings Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Amazing photos of killer roads! Good to see a large turnout for GaryJ's memorial; I didn't know him, but I learned a lot through his posts on BARF.
  3. Tyler

Tyler Miss Demeanor

Oddometer:
    Thank you for your kind praise. Everyone rides their own ride for their own reasons... many folks that I ride with are surprised to see what they missed along the way but I'm glad to take the time to see it and share it with them and others... I really enjoy it!

Thanks, pasta... I get that a lot... dad thought I was gonna be a boy but even though the gender differed, he still liked the name so here I am!

It was a beautiful memorial... Gary had wanted his ashes scattered in the hills that he loved to ride so much... so his wife, Jill, had small green vials each with a bit of his ashes... we were each asked to take a couple and help honor Gary's wish... so a few of the photos in the Santa Cruz Mtns. were spots that I stopped in his honor... he was a really great human being and would be your friend from the get go...
  4. nsfw

nsfw Death Valley Noobs Rally Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    nice rides and awesome pics.

:thumb
  5. Bigger Al

Bigger Al Still a stupid tire guy Supporter

Oddometer:
    Fantastic pics! :clap

The balloon release made me kinda sad. Gary was one of my race school instructors with the AFM in the late 90's, and he was always nice enough to keep tabs on me over the six years that I raced. He was a great guy, and will be missed.
  6. divrnr

divrnr ROAD WARRIOR

Oddometer:
    Nice report, I always loved riding the Santa Cruz Mts. and up and down Hwy 1 and of course a trip on the Highline to Alice's Restaurant...:wink: