New F800GS ADVENTURE!!!

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by bjorn_dakar, May 2, 2013.

1. sbn

sbn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In some of the BMW launch pictures of the bike it is outfittet with a bigger alu bashplate. Looks like the same as BMW offers for the standard 800gs.

Ok just checked out bmw-motorrad.de. Its 3mm alu and weighs 1.6kg this bashplate.

And on TTs german page it looks like the only parts for this bike are parts that fit directly from the 800gs....... For now.
  2. moulin6801

moulin6801 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, I was wondering, from who have ridden both bikes, how different is the ride on this bikes, if any? Can you really tell the difference while riding on the suspension modes?? I am sure the windshield on GSA is the biggest difference when riding... anything else???
    Thanks !!!
  3. Squanto!

Squanto! Master of Silent Death Supporter

Oddometer:
    The dealer gave me the stock seat too. Just for laughs I put it on and it would be dangerous for me to ride with the tall seat on. Being able to just get a "Toe" down on a stop or dab situation would be folly on a bike this size and weight.
  4. Dubl-A

Dubl-A SuckerDucker

Oddometer:

You look photoshopped :lol3
  5. sbn

sbn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Excuse my poor english but what does that mean???
  6. Dubl-A

Dubl-A SuckerDucker

Oddometer:
    To me, your body especially your head doesn't match the photo, which in most cases is doctored/ photoshopped. I'm pretty sure you were sitting on this fine machine and was just teasing :wink:
  7. speed_racer

speed_racer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  8. speed_racer

speed_racer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I rode the f800 gs with ESA and I can tell you, you can feel a difference in switching through corners on twisties.. it doesn't bob like it does in comfort..

As far as the windshield, ill let someone else answer that on experience..
    But from what I've read, it does the job and leaves your helmet in a buffer free zone..
  9. NanookWolf

NanookWolf MeAndMyCamel

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply and info! I've been getting used to the stock seat but have had a few very close calls and embarrassing moments where I am about to fall over but manage to catch myself by jumping to one side or the other, hahaha. Anyway, I finally ordered the lower seat and it sounds like I will be very happy with it! Thanks again!
  10. Icy Roads

Icy Roads Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'd like to know if anyone has the new adventure with actual real world kilometers on it (broken in) and how far they are averaging on a tank of fuel? My 2009 averages about 290-310 kilometers of highway riding before the warning light comes on For my kind of riding I'd love another 8 liters of fuel capacity without strapping on a gas can or bolting on a farkle.
  11. ADVCanuck

ADVCanuck Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Strange - my dealer swapped in a low seat as a n/c change when I bought my 2013 GS...
  12. MrMorgan

MrMorgan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I thought someone would be able to give a real world report on the screen. I'm about to purchase a tall screen and would love to know if the bmw one is a viable option, as I may be able to get it sooner than an aftermarket one. All the reports I have read about their previous touring screen was that it was terrible.
  13. Jhawkins

Jhawkins Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Read my posts in this thread and my other one. I'm not impressed by the stock GSA screen. Lots of buffeting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  14. MustMoto

MustMoto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've had the exact opposite experience with the 800GSA shield. Best wind protection I've experienced from a stocker. I'm 5' 10" and wore an off-road helmet during my time on it.
  15. Rodooo

Rodooo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I found GSA screen ok. No better or worse than my own bike with bmw touring screen and wunderlich deflector
  16. fenske

fenske Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ok... this is my 3rd 800... 2009 2012 & th3 2014GSA
    The GSA FRICKIN ROCKS!!!! Right out of the box did the COBDR, flew right by the usual 600 first check and it felt fine...

1. Windscreen is awesome it even tunnels the water over your head in fast deep crossings...
    2. Ride settings are great... they do as there told... you just need to know how to tell them.
    3. DONOT do any heavy climbing in loose crap with traction control on... turn everything off, including ABS, go to endure mode, Sport, and hammer it!!!
    4. Stupid plastic bash plate change that before you leave the dealer.. and the exhaust
    5. Already had a Pannier come off on the highway and it was locked down Hmmm???
    6. Bike is tall and heavy
    7. Throw on the knobbies asap
    8. footpeg rubbers are bolted in so don't think you can just grab them out when wet.
    9. Would like to see some upper crashbars from someone soon..
    10. body panels still nonexisting in shops
    11. center stand works a 1000x easier than last 2 bikes
    12. hand guards interfere with any mounts that use same bolts as mirrors...
    13. BEST BIKE EVER
  17. Icy Roads

Icy Roads Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Fuel range on full tank is my question.
  18. moulin6801

moulin6801 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great feedback thanks!! Please keep posting more! I am about to go test drive on this Wednesday, wanting to trade down my 1200GSA...
    How do you feel about the Tube tires??? I am so disappointed to learn that BMW would make an "ADV" bike with tube tires.... crazy!!! That has been a turn off for me.... but still want to test drive and see what the fuss is all about!!
    Do you feel it being heavier than your other 800gs's as you maneuver it around and offroad ?? Can you feel the extra 30lbs?? That is one of my concerns, since it now is only 30lbs lighter than the 1200GS
    Thanks!!!
  19. Rodooo

Rodooo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    At least with tubes can fix a puncture at road side. If have no tubes and get a big rip in tyre u r parked and going nowhere
  20. gs_lad

gs_lad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The bike seems well improved on all aspects, except for the aesthetic part..
    Why oh why did they "inflate" the front faux tank so much that it protrudes like a large chunk of plastic towards the sides? If this happened only as a reference to the larger (functioning) tank of the r1200GSA, it only succeeded in rendering all of the current crashbar-designs useless for this model..