Zumo 390 LM -- Worthy Upgrade to the 660?

Discussion in 'GPS 101 - Which GPS For Me' started by Applecrate, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Applecrate

Applecrate Smell It First

Oddometer:
    Garmin has released the Zumo 390 LM, apparently an upgrade to the 350.

It includes tire pressure monitor system, a "curvy roads" search, lane assist, and Bluetooth to pair with your phone. No sat radio. It looks identical to the 350 LM, from what I can tell.

Anyone got one? I am curious how it stacks up with the 350 and 660.
  2. Emoto

Emoto Sure, why not?

Oddometer:
    There are things not yet known. In my view, the main problem with the 350 is that you cannot make it show a track that you have imported. The 350 also does not have the non-navigational features that the 66X series has like MP3 player. It is unknown if the inability to display tracks (other than "track back" that shows you where you just were) is changed in the 390.
  3. DaSaints

DaSaints Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am looking at this for a GPS for my bike. Has anyone purchased this and what is your thoughts?
  4. Emoto

Emoto Sure, why not?

Oddometer:
    It depends on what your needs are and how you want to use it. The 660 has a lot more features. The 660 also has non-navigational features like MP3 player. You should go to the Garmin site and look at the specifications tab for both units and compare them.

In my view, I don't care about (not) having things like an MP3 player, but the 350/390 cannot display a track on screen other than where you just were (track back). If you never go offroad or expect to be on a course that does not follow mapped roads, then maybe you don't care. Look for the threads comparing the 660 and the 350 to get all the details of what people think. Near as I can tell only the tire pressure and curvy roads things make the 390 different from the 350.
  5. ClansmanCRO

ClansmanCRO Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is there possibility that you ride wit that device (no route defined) so just ride with device turned on, and that later you have some file which can be transfered to computer so that you can see your actual day trip..
    Sorry english is not my 1st language so is relatively hard for me to explain...but i hope you know what i mean...something like route recording?
  6. mcnut

mcnut Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    They are called tracks and for sure the 660 is fully capable in that regard, and I believe the 390 is as well.