1. OU812

OU812 Legend in my own Mind!

Oddometer:
    From the biggest animal I know!
    :rofl
  2. bogieboy

bogieboy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Newb from just south of the city checking in.... Anyone know some decent riding spots on the southside? Nothing insane....my lil ke 100 cant do insane...LOL
  3. STANIMAL

STANIMAL SUPPORT THE SECOND

Oddometer:
    Welcome . I cant think of any riding places on the south side , but you can plan for Leaf River or go up to Bong recreation area in WI .
  4. bogieboy

bogieboy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow.... Never new Bong rec area was for dirtbikes..... And i always have to laugh at the name....:rofl driven past it a few times, never knew what it was....

Wheres leaf river? Im new to actually riding....LOL learned way back when i was 10 on an xl75, and rode that in circles for hours and hours till the wheels literally fell off, just got back into riding this past fall with the ke100, and got an old f11 250 2t to rebuild....
  5. STANIMAL

STANIMAL SUPPORT THE SECOND

Oddometer:
    Bong has easy riding , but you need to call them in advance to make sure they are open . Leaf River is.......well..........Leaf River IL. Twice a year there is a ride that the Forest City riders put on , might be challenging for a newbie , but worth a try .

http://www.forestcityriders.com/
  6. Moose Dog

Moose Dog Mr. Nice Guy

Oddometer:
    Last fall when I camped at Morrison, the propety owners Grandson rode the 42 mile loop on a KTM 85 and did all the hero sections on the pre-run. :huh
  7. OU812

OU812 Legend in my own Mind!

Oddometer:
    That kid passed me 3 times!

:rofl
  8. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    I think I'll ride my mountain bike this year.
  9. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    I might actually ride this year?
  10. agmoto

agmoto Gôremā

Oddometer:
    Last MTB I got to do a shakedown on was a nice Ibis Mojo HD. Just slightly better than my rigid 29er.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/54003048" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/54003048">Kettle Cycles SiCCC Rotor - RPR</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/kettlecycles">Kettle Cycles</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

It's always nice helping do R&D for a bike company. :evil

Andrew
  11. bogieboy

bogieboy Long timer

Oddometer:
    well i guess i should be more specific.... i am new to riding with and engine between my legs.....LOL i just retired this frame this past fall with almost 15,000 miles on it

[​IMG]

and then got this off ebay and built it up from a bare frame....

[​IMG]

funniest part is my MTB fork has more travel than my ke100 by 10 mm...those drop offs are 150mm, ke fork is only 140...LOL
  12. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    My new one. Hasn't seen the dirt yet, much like Moose's bikes.

[​IMG]
  13. bogieboy

bogieboy Long timer

Oddometer:
    very nice,.,,, that a 100mm fork on there? seems to be what most folks run around here... i got a heck of a good deal on the 150 on ebay last fall (like $80 for a marzocchi air fork...LOL) which is why i didnt get a 100.....

i also have a 7mm rise bar (bontrager RL) waiting to go on once my stem comes in, going shorter stem and shorter rise bar, with a longer bar length....
  14. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    100mm seems to be the norm from the OEM's on hardtails. I used to have an 80mm on a race hardtail and that was fine. I don't like a bunch of travel anyway, as I'm pedaling uphill as much as going downhill.
  15. bogieboy

bogieboy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah thats true.... I probably woulda gone 120 on the hardtail.... But even with the 150 on my full suspension, thing climbs like a mountain goat.....LOL
  16. agmoto

agmoto Gôremā

Oddometer:
    Have fun in the snow.

Andrew Gore
  17. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    Dang, we missed out this time. Mostly rain which was melting what snow we had.
  18. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    Nope, over 6 inches here!
  19. Keithert

Keithert Long timer

Oddometer:
    Had some fun on the "new" XT.

[​IMG]
  20. bogieboy

bogieboy Long timer

Oddometer:
    didnt get any pics, but i had a similar experience tonight in the start of some snow.... was rain till about 7:30, then switched to snow.... and i was working on getting my old 75 kawasaki 250 up and running.... still needs some timing adjustments,(small thing compared to fixing the forks and unsticking or rebuilding the clutch) but its got a real strong bottom end..... took it for a spin around the property, got muddy and snowy all in one....LOL:rofl:rofl