NC-North-Central-Tag-A-Rama Game - NC-NC-TAR

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by NCNCTARGAME, Dec 28, 2011.

?

Add the adjoining Virginia Counties to the Boundries

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. turtlemoye

turtlemoye I'd rather not be online. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Oh, and don't feel too bad for me as we'll be on a cruise for my daughter's 8th birthday and our 10 yr anniversary. :jkam
    I tried to talk them into to moto-touring Scotland but it didn't go over too well.
  2. Woodenveins

Woodenveins Adventure Rider

Oddometer:
    Their hours on Sunday are from 10:30am - 9:30pm This place has gained a lot of popularity since moving from Mayodan to Madison. On Friday and Saturday evenings I am told you have to get reservations. Hope you enjoy your cruise.

By the way, I checked with the town police to see if we had to have a permit if 500 bikes showed up and they told me since the down town section of Madison is usually like a ghost town on Sundays then we weren't going to have to get one. Now if we decide to go for a ride toward Mayodan then we will probably all get pulled over at their city limits, lol.
  3. Am.E

Am.E Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For shame. I used to eat there all the time, but haven't since they've moved, and I will be out of town that whole weekend. (Maybe my other half will go). Glad to hear they are doing well.

oh well, next time!
  4. turtlemoye

Oddometer:
    You guys make it sound like this was a major move. Aren't the two towns across the street from each other? I always thought it was just one small community.
  5. DEPARKER1817

DEPARKER1817 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hope to be there still headed north (at Hopewell Rocks) New Brunswich. Weather has been warm and pretty much good. [​IMG]
  6. Am.E

Am.E Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    haha, I must be turning into a local :lol3 I said the same thing when I first moved here, but b/c I live north of Mayodan, its rare that I go into Madison. The old location was in my regular driving pattern and easy access from 220/135, right by walmart and lowes, thus I would go eat there. Now not so much. Mostly, I'm disappointed to miss socializing with some local ADVers. Way to pick the one weekend I'm out of town:)

Mr. Parker, will we get a ride report or to see some pics from your trip? That photo looks good :)
  7. KingJarhead

KingJarhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Mr. P!!!!! Bring me back some lobster bisque.
    Can't wait to see a ride report
  8. SidewinderX

SidewinderX Hey, watch this! Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Parker!

I'm headed to Niagara Canada and across NY, VT, NH to the Maine coast and back in a few weeks.

We need to compare roads when you return bro!
  9. DEPARKER1817

DEPARKER1817 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You are running backwards from me. Crossed NY,VT, NH, Maine and looping back to Niagra through NB, Nova Scotia and Quebec. I should be back by Sept 6. Maybe we can talk before you go.
  10. CheapB

CheapB Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Now I know Parker is buyin when he gets back. :D

Looks like a great trip, can't wait to hear about it.
  11. SidewinderX

Oddometer:
    Awesome!

I am leaving Sept 28th. Gonna be 3000 miles in 6-7 days.

We must meet for a ride to compare notes!
  12. Burnt Toast

Burnt Toast Slingshot: engaged.

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Just out for a quick test run (and I mean quick) on my new-to-me Blackbird. It is soon to be setup as an ultimate sport-touring hyper missle. My bike obsession has gotten the better of me. Does anyone want to buy a DR650? Anyone? It will be for sale ASAP on websites near you.
  13. Burnt Toast

Burnt Toast Slingshot: engaged.

Oddometer:
    And since I just threatened my Mom with sending some grubby biker dudes to her doorstep, I'll use a file tag from last weekend...

The Rich Acres Christian Church sign is the tag.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These taken from her driveway. Please no burnouts! It would be ironic if AmE got this tag as she is not grubby or a dude. :lol3

Tell Mom that Rick said Hi!
  14. turtlemoye

Oddometer:
    Man that's a lot of miles. Last month I flew into Providence, RI and picked up my Terra in MA. Road all the way from MA to Canada on the Puppy dog trail which was 360 miles of dirt road, down through VT, over into Maine, and then back down to NC following part of the TET. A little over 2100 miles in 7 days with the longest being about 450 and about 700-800 miles on dirt.
  15. CheapB

CheapB Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I need to quit being lazy and post a rr from my trip down under earlier this yr. I always get antsy when I hear about others trips. Probably doesn't help that I'm watching Long Way Round on Netflix either! lol. I may need to hit you up for some advice as well Parker as I'm planning a NE ride next year.
  16. Am.E

Am.E Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Damn Toast, you are on a bike buying spree :D I've heard the blackbird is a sweet ST ride. Looks great!

Hey now, I can do a pretty good impression of grubby after a few days of moto-camping. Probably won't be able to get the tag first, but if I do, I'll throw in a few extra loud revs just to keep the dirty biker scum reputation intact :)
  17. FishHunt

FishHunt slow poking...

Oddometer:
    I heard this one more than one occasion back when the Blackbird was new; "Congrats on getting a Blackbird, sorry about your driver's license" :lol3

Those have to be the smoothest engines produced by Honda. I rode a friend's 2000 Blackbird from Wilmington to Raleigh on I-40 and over 10 years later it still puts a grin on my face thinking about that bike. :D

How much for the DR?

<>< Fish
  18. Woodenveins

Woodenveins Adventure Rider

Oddometer:
    Grab

[​IMG]
  19. malokam

malokam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice grab.. :clap

Where to now?
  20. SidewinderX

Oddometer:
    I am planning to leave Sunday 5am and be in Niagara Falls, Canada for the first night. That's @700 miles.

It calms down to 350-400 mile days after that.

I try to have at least one "Epic" ride every year and I have plenty of time to sightsee if I hold my mileage to 400 daily. I don't sleep much......