New Things Happening At Jesse Luggage

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Jesse Luggage, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wired

Wired Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good to know!! In fact, I tried calling you and Xplorermoto yesterday to inquire about ordering a set, but y'all are closed on Fridays. I'll be contacting you Monday.
  2. chrome bandit

chrome bandit Wide footed adventurer

Oddometer:
    They clean up well after a Dalton run...

[​IMG]

...and hold a ton of stuff...

[​IMG]

...and they provide good bike protection for mini-laydowns...I went down on pavement while turning on a small lake of black ice. The bike slid about 10 feet, the impact points where the Jesse bag, engine guard, and left side mirror. Minor scratches on the bag. All good. (sorry, no pics of the event!)

Good stuff.
  3. Jesse Luggage

Jesse Luggage Crash Tested & Approved... Supporter

Oddometer:

When you call the factory on Monday make sure to ask for free shipping(if your in the US) and tell them the free shipping code is "Because Chris Said"
  4. Jesse Luggage

Oddometer:
    I'm a hack man as well and I have a similar picture of my sidecar with Jesse Luggage in front of the Dead Horse gas station with the same Hall Road look.
  5. BMW_BIKER_KEITH

BMW_BIKER_KEITH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'd like to see more pics of them mounted. I have an F800GS, and your website doesnt really provide alot of details on them, or the mount racks.
  6. Jesse Luggage

Oddometer:

We will make that happen for you.
  7. martinh

martinh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good to here we can go direct now. I bought my cases from XplorerMoto and had a real good experiance with them. I think it was Rick I delt ith over there and he was very helpfull. I will check out Jesse's new site and see what new products he will have. I first bought Trax cases and that was the biggest mistake I ever made. They leaked like crazy, thank goodness TT took them back. When I recieved my Jesse's they were packer real well and looked great. Plus they have not leaked one drop of water inside.
    [​IMG]
  8. LarryGee

LarryGee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'd like to see a picture from the rear, for the 09 G650.. Your site says under construction.

I prefer side loading cases but would consider top loading in the 3X liter size.

Also, do the cases lock to the rack?
  9. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    Another question: The old Odyssey mounting system hugged the F650GS body closer than the new one, keeping the total pannier width several inches narrower than the current system. Is there any possibility of making that old mounting system available again for those of us who need to lane-split?

Old
    [​IMG]

New
    [​IMG]
  10. Rick West

Rick West Function not Farkles

Oddometer:
    Several inches? I sure doesn't look like it from the pictures.
  11. Jesse Luggage

Oddometer:

The difference between the Odyssey I and the Odyssey II is only an inch. The biggest advantage of the Odyssey II is the bags can be moved for and aft on the mounts allowing you to adjust your load for safer/better handling.
  12. pceire32

pceire32 Irish

Oddometer:
    Where/how do we find the ADV discount and specials?
  13. Jesse Luggage

Oddometer:
    The big promo now is free shipping. When you call the factory to place your order you must use the secret code "Because Chris Said" and you have to do it at the time you place the order.
  14. Jesse Luggage

Oddometer:
    Here ya go!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. LarryGee

LarryGee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So, do all your cases have the "cutout" where the exhausts are?
  16. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have the 8" safaris on my F800GS. I see they moved up to 9".
    I am curious why you did this, did too many complain they wanted more storage?
  17. Apple Jam

Apple Jam Ride Oregon First

Oddometer:
    I'm on my second set of Jesses (990 Adv).
    I can't believe how well the first set (4 years old) held up in my 60-ish mph pavement crash.
    They are still completely intact, just .....um.....very well scratched.
    Insurance bought me a new set, and I sincerely love the newer adjustable sliding racks.
    Bringing that weight forward and lower when packed for camping makes this bike handle noticeably better,
    and it LOOKS way better with the bags forward, too, IMO.

But I do abuse my bike, and my Jesses, off-road.
    When I smack obstacles, like trees & rocks, the "slide" absorbs some of the impact, as they slide further back.
    But, still, the new racks' tubular steel have required some roadside (ditchside :lol3) McGuyver repairs,
    and some welding attention either at the next town, or when I get back home.
    I have broken several welds where the tubes join together.
    Of course, this is usally quite minor,
    ..... compared to the broken mirror, bent brake lever, etc, etc I have to fix at the same time :norton

This is absolutely no fault of the great new sliding design.
    Like I said, I abuse them way above and beyond the call of normal Adventure duty:

[​IMG]

Neither set has EVER broken or come apart during any actual riding (only crashing :D).
    Even on the most severe roads/dual track/trails, they have always held up perfectly well.

But the older flat steel design was easier to beat back with a trailside rock, or pry with a tire spoon,
    for the multiple times that I've had to beat it back into shape enough to remount the boxes after an "off".
    While soft bags may make more sense for me, I cannot give up the versatility and dry storage space of my Jesse's

Just mentioning this for consideration for any possible future rack redesign:
    A combo of the two rack designs might do better for a severe beater-upper like me.
  18. Jesse Luggage

Oddometer:
    The 8" Safari's are still available and you are correct folks wanted a little more storage.
  19. Jesse Luggage

Oddometer:
    Love It! :thumbup. Thanks for the incite.
  20. OsoADV

OsoADV Oso

Oddometer:
    Just happened to try to find where to buy (to put a link in the Wee Index thread) and realized something had changed. Google search landed me back here. Glad I found this thread.

I would love nothing more than a set of Jesse's on my new-to-me 2009 Vstrom 650. Right now i'm a little strapped for cash. I have a set of ammo cans I'm considering putting on in the meantime. Can i buy just the racks for now and somehow use them with the ammo cans? Then get the cases later on when I have the dough? Would they work?

The happy trails kit would work but I don't want their cases, i'd much rather have these.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.