Average price of camp grounds in Western Europe

Discussion in 'EMEA' started by young1, Jul 5, 2013.

1. young1

young1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Working on budget for a trip and need to know what the average price of a camp ground, for a tent, is in western Europe.

Thank you
  2. Mark Manley

Mark Manley Long timer

Oddometer:
    Many campsites in Europe charge a small amount for several things so it depends on how you travel, number of people, type of vehicle etc.
    I recently came down through Europe and paid about 8-10 euros for me with a small tent and a motorcycle, it was something like 2 euro per person, 2-4 for the tent depending on size, 2 for a motorcycle. France is particularly good with their local council run camping municipal which are excellent value. Some, particularly in the UK can charge per pitch which means you pay the same as a family of 6 with a caravan towed behind a Range Rover, the can charge 20-25 euros per pitch and are best avoided if you are travelling light.
  3. young1

young1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    We are working out a budget for a year away from home. Two of us, a motorbike (of course!) and a little tent. Thank you for that information, I can now put that in our spreadsheet :-)
  4. Mark Manley

Mark Manley Long timer

Oddometer:
  5. young1

young1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Awesome thank you for sharing that, I have not seen that before.

The tent space thread, yes you Adv riders in Europe - us Kiwis know where you live!

Planning is going well, as I type this my wife is reading Lonely Planet Guide to Africa (plan is for at least a year travelling Europe to Cape Town) and the more we can tune the budget the longer we can travel for :-)

Mike and Leanne (aka Baldie and Bkondie)
  6. wheatwhacker

wheatwhacker It's raining here Supporter

Oddometer:
    Camping here at motofeirme is free