Ontario Ride 2012

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by tarzan30, May 30, 2011.

1. rudyunknown

rudyunknown Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    what no close pizza shop.....come on.....
    we need atleast one good pizza shop....just saying :)
  2. dresda

dresda Long timer

Oddometer:
    You never know, I might just do it....
  3. dresda

dresda Long timer

Oddometer:
    And learn how to use it :evil
  4. Lobster Grrl

Lobster Grrl Ground feeder

Oddometer:
    Well OK... That's encouraging...I think :lol3

lg
  5. dresda

dresda Long timer

Oddometer:
    One concern is the lack of facilities. I like at least an outhouse at the campground....
  6. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Me too and I'll be knocking on every hunting-fishing lodge I find while I'm up there this summer asking if they'll let a crowd of 60-80 camp on their grounds :thumb

If there was a commercial campground in the area I'd be booking it, but there isn't. I've being doing some research and will see what I can come up with :nod

Worse comes to worse, one night of cowboy camping may be a realty. As for terrain, I have every intention of making the main route "doable", that being said the 400 km sandy road is the easiest way through as there is no slab anywhere near there.
  7. walkergreenlabel

walkergreenlabel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Im in for 2012.

I like the way this years event played out from the ride reports. small groups all heading in the same direction but not waiting for the whole group.:freaky
  8. sailer

sailer trained Cirus Bear

Oddometer:
    I am up here NOW! knocking on hunting and fishing lodge, trying to rent a place for the night for my self :deal
    it's almost inpossible to do deed and titlte search for the land owners up here.
    besides
    you don't think I can cook that Gourmet breakfast ( you become a custom to) OUTSIDE on a jet-boil.
    not saying it can't be done
    Im just not that skilled
  9. Emmbeedee

Emmbeedee Procrastinators

Oddometer:
    Can you get Curry flavored Pizza? Just askin...
  10. Z50R

Z50R Not lost yet

Oddometer:
  11. dresda

dresda Long timer

Oddometer:
    :rilla:rilla:rilla:rilla:rilla:rilla
  12. R_Lefebvre

R_Lefebvre Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think the implausible distances covered by the 2011 Rally were OK because there were lots of easy ways to just skip out and take a shortcut/slab to the camping spot.

However, I think next year will be a must-do route. There will be no options to get to camp other than the route. I would also say that nobody should attempt this one without a reliable bike. No XL350's. And bring your Mission Critical spares. Clutch levers, shift levers, etc.
  13. tarzan30

tarzan30 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

And GAS!!! you will need probably around 250kms worth or more just to be safe!
  14. 4badboyz

4badboyz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1:thumb And the chase truck with a trailer:wink:
  15. R_Lefebvre

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I was wondering about that. Going to get a bigger tank for my bike hopefully in July.
  16. Emmbeedee

Emmbeedee Procrastinators

Oddometer:
    And beer!
  17. rudyunknown

rudyunknown Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    MAN another Ontario trip :norton
  18. R_Lefebvre

Oddometer:
    No, Quebec.

I wonder if there's a way we can make it start from Montreal... maybe a little stop on St. Catherine's street the night before for the Americans. :eek1

:clap
  19. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:

Going over the route as we're planning the pre run trips and it's beginning to look like 350 km's "may" be needed :evil

Oh there's options but they don't end up near civilization for a lloonnnggg time :rofl. That doesnt mean the route is mandatory by any means, once again we'll just provide a suggested route and some places to camp. If you happen to end up there we'll cheers a beer :nod

2012 will be more online with what the TCAT is all about.....remoteness, wilderness and fun terrain :freaky

In two weeks we're going to ride the first days portion of the route that Jimmy has laid out, then a week or so later a group of us are going to take some trucks and drive the second and third days of the route. Later in August I'll be solo for a few weeks pre running some other sections of the TCAT and TNE routes and will return to Ottawa via the three days of the TCAT that'll be used for the 2012 Roaming Rally. Blah blah, the route will have been driven and ridden prior to everyone showing up nex May :deal. Doable....although I will never have ridden it is the spring :evil

Hold my beer and watch this :rofl
  20. loph917

loph917 Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer:
    350km == 217 miles. best get your rotopax out if you have a 200mi range (yes, that's all of you f800gs owners!). those on GSAs no need to worry; your C130 supertanker sized gas tank will carry you far enough! in fact, maybe you can provide refueling services!