The F5 Bivouac (rallye raid news) and W2RC - World cross country rally championship

Discussion in 'Racing' started by PackMule, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Hayduke

Hayduke ///SAFETY THIRD/// Supporter

Oddometer:
    :freaky
  2. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Only saw this now Guy, I thought you were sorted :waysad

What happened in the end?

The worst part of it is that my 800GS stood in the garage all Dakar thanks to my broken leg. You can still use it if you want, just pm me. I expect it is too late now.... :cry
  3. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    BTW Duke, thanks for the F5 shirt!!! :clap :clap :clap

Cant wait for it to come.

Just looked at the FIM calendar, Sertoes Brazil is back in the world championship this year AND so is Desafio 40!! :wings

This is the friendliest rally in the world, and the 2nd longest as well. Its also pretty tough with many 500km days.

http://www.sertoes.com/Ing_index.html

For anyone who cannot afford to do the Dakar, try 10 days of non stop racing at the sertoes...no rest day - rest days are for Dakar pissies.:lol2 .. .If these two vids (especially the second one) dont make you want to go ride then nothing will.

<iframe width="700" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dEgYOkrCLMg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="700" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0RF_NXRGcFY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  4. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    Where's the beer Dread??? limey bugger!

xposted from the 2013 thread:

5. Dread Pendragon

Dread Pendragon Tragic Donkey Throttler

Oddometer:
    Sorry, only soda.
    :beer
  6. Hayduke

Hayduke ///SAFETY THIRD/// Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just closed the ordering today, so I'm sorting out the orders and should start printing soon (as soon as the blanks get here.) Happy to do it, and hope it helps keep the site here for the long haul.
  7. ArthDuro

ArthDuro quarantined

Oddometer:
    Nice I just saw that too
    hopefully that means some more exposure for both events internationally
    and bigger rosters

8. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    sonuva!!!
  9. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    The friendliest, eh? I could sure stand to ride a few thousand k's right now.
  10. Dread Pendragon

Oddometer:
    This is from 2012, but the guy only just posted it, and it's awesome. Does anyone recognize any of the riders getting splashed?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4O0VhxRaI20" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  11. Dread Pendragon

Oddometer:
    (I always feel a bit weird when I post content an inmate posts elsewhere, but . . .)

Scotty Breauxman wrote an article on Race Dezert on how having Casselli and Campbell ride so well increased interest in the Dakar in the U.S.:

DAKAR BIKES: CASELLI AND CAMPBELL BRING DAKAR FEVER HOME

". . . the United States is a leader in motorsports racing yet our racing culture is very different than other parts of the world (i.e.: the difference between NASCAR and WORLD RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP). This divergence in culture is what makes the DAKAR seem so foreign. No American has ever won the DAKAR and only a relative few have even tried. But once a fan or racer gets their first taste of the DAKAR, they become hooked. . . . When that happens, the US sponsors will grow a few pairs and start supporting our best racers in the world&#8217;s premier Rally Raid."

[​IMG]

read the rest here
  12. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    Scotty is a great ambassador for bike racing!
  13. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
  14. Gian

Gian dreamer

Oddometer:
  15. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
  16. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Supporter

Oddometer:
    That Husky news is pretty large
  17. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    Apparently Husky has been sold to Stefan Peirer, not to KTM

As already whispered BMW Motorrad sells its subsidiary Husqvarna Motorcycles, KTM but not to the personal business of its CEO Stefan Pierer called Pierer Industries AG. The consequences for Pierers role as CEO of KTM is still unclear and will in the next six time be sought out. It is obvious that the European competition authorities to interfere with this, but also the chance that Pierer abundantly present his position at KTM will resign. For some time Pierer still the CEO of the Austrian motorcycle company, but a large part of the shares therein are sold to the Indian motorcycle giant Bajaj. Purchasing Husqvarna Pierer would potentially enable again completely with a clean slate to start again.

There will be viewed in the coming months if there is any form of cooperation between KTM and Husqvarna is possible, there is at least already a new model announced at the EICMA 2013 already will be shown

This morning we reported that KTM is not in the market to buy Husqvarna, this would also not very logical step. For BMW ensures the sale of Husqvarna for substantially losing face. The German company pumped millions into the Italian Husqvarna, but could never make a success of.

The following chart is from Cross Industries Ltd, the company which Bajaj for almost half owner. It now owns Husqvarna said Pierer Industries AG makes no part of it.

Original link in Dutch

So if Google translate is to be believed, Peirer sells his remaining shares in KTM to Bajaj and goes forth to resurrect Husky. Makes more sense, especially the part about the European anti-trust authorities
  18. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente f5ree sub-zero agent

Oddometer:
    or maybe

Bye Bye KTM by Stefan I-buy Husky-Speed? :ear
  19. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Will be interesting to see how this turns out

:lurk
  20. doyle

doyle RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer:
    What makes this really interesting is that Speedbrain team and rider contracts are directly with BMW Motorad, not Husqvarna. So does this leave a formidible team without a bike to run or will BMW resurrect the G450X to keep the team going?