Teiz Motorsports One Piece Riding Suits - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by TheNedster, Feb 14, 2009.

1. athayer

athayer Procrastinator

Oddometer:
    I, too, missed the promotion by playing the waiting game. Damn paychecks.

But the Lombard isn't too much more and with the trial suit being a free option on standard shipping I'm not spending too much more than I would have on a Powershell.
  2. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    With our Standard Service, you can order by end of November and still get riding gear in time for Christmas..
  3. Deans BMW

Deans BMW Granpa Hoon

Oddometer:
    Ghazi, recieved my Navigator Pants this afternoon, they look great, haven't tried them on yet, will in the morning.

Thanks for the outstanding service.
  4. southwade

southwade Long timer

Oddometer:
    You guys get those zippers in yet?

Thanks again.
  5. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    suits are basically ready - will stitch in those zippers as soon as they arrive and send you a notification
    thanks for understanding
  6. Deans BMW

Deans BMW Granpa Hoon

Oddometer:
    Ghazi, finally tried on my Navagator pants to match the jacket, fits perfectly and looks fantastic. The suspenders could be a little longer however.

I love them, thanks for such a great product. :clap
  7. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    superb.. ill look into the suspenders...

whenever you get some riding time, do send us a lot of pictures :) :freaky
  8. Deans BMW

Deans BMW Granpa Hoon

Oddometer:
    Will do. :thumb
  9. Deans BMW

Deans BMW Granpa Hoon

Oddometer:
    Tried the pants on....at last, and did a brief ride around the block. Fit well, I like very much, a quality set of riding gear, thanks again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pics when I go riding.
  10. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    need some black friday shopping therapy ???
    just hold on till we introduce 2 new jackets next at special introductory prices!!!
  11. Deans BMW

Deans BMW Granpa Hoon

Oddometer:
    Lets see, so far, two Lombards, one Camino Jacket, one Navagator two piece.. :D

Two new jackets..... :clap
  12. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    still. waiting. patiently. (:lol3)
  13. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    i think i know what u r waiting for - but thats not coming so soon
    <if u r thinking kevlar>
  14. BaronVonDarrin

BaronVonDarrin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Philadelphia, and at times Western Maryland
    will you be making a video for the one piece air shell suit? Also, do you make a waterproof over suit for it or is it an inner liner? (much prefer the former)
  15. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    what info do u want to see in the air shell video ? I can work on that ...
    we do not make any waterproof suits for the air shell.. We have had real good results with Frogg Toggs (affordable, 100% waterproof, durable).

a picture of us right before we tackle stelvio pass wearing the above mentioned frogg toggs
    [​IMG]
  16. CreatureCore

CreatureCore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have had 2 long over due reviews. One for the powershell and the other for the navigator jacket.

Ill start with the powershell. I bought this used from a member here earlier in the year. It was a very nice color option of black with high vis accents. I really think ghazi should consider this color combo as one of the regular suits. Ill post pictures of it later.

It was a size large, and fit was great everywhere except the legs. Legs where to short and the knee armor ended up on my thigh. I have a sv650 with adjustable rear sets on the lowest and furthest back position. So even though the rear sets wherent set up very aggressive it still was a problem and i was plenty within the size range for the suit. On my girl friends sv with very aggressive rear sets, the armor didnt even touch my knee it was so far up my leg. But other then this the suit fit very well. It has high quality materials and stretch panels everywhere making it very comfortable, great armor and stitching was very good as well.

Another negative appears in the size of the adjusters. The adjusters on both the forearms and the waist are useless. They are way to long. If you stretch out the arm fabric all the way you can only then have the adjuster in at the right spot. The waist is no better as the fabric doesnt start to pull until you run out of velcro area. The waist was something i could deal with but the arms where a pain. I ended up selling this suit mainly because of the leg length issues. If it wasnt for that i would of kept it as even with the negatives it really is a great suit. Just wish the little issues could be fixed. I dont know how the velcro straps have not been fixed yet. I do not see how they can be useful to anyone being as long as they are.

Now when ghazi had the close outs on the navigator i pulled the trigger on a jacket. In every single picture on the website the jacket had the snaps for adjustments on the arms. I figured this alleviates my main problem i had with the upper part of the powershell so i pulled the trigger on a jacket on the last day of the sale. Now again, the jacket has top quality materials and is very well put together. It also is very attractive in my opinion.

The problem was the jacket i received did not have the snaps for adjustment but the same terrible velcro adjusters on the arms. The adjuster on the waist was as useless as the 1 piece but again its something i can deal with. The arm adjuster on the other hand was not. I told ghazi about this and he said they couldnt fix it and that all sales are final. My argument was it was a misrepresentation of the product as no where does he state the sleeves now have velcro adjusters. Instead in about 50 pictures all you see are the snaps. I eventually after many emails got him to agree to possibly pay for half the cost of getting the velcro straps shortened (It would depend on the cost he said). I ended up finding a friend who knew someone who could do it for me and did so for a great price so i didnt even bother going back to ghazi for half of the money as i was upset with the way he handled the situation and just didnt want to deal with it anymore.

I was going to place an order for a revolution suit for the girl friend for xmas but ended up changing my mind after the customer service problem. I was also thinking about getting a custom made powershell as i loved the one i had if not for the leg length. Not sure if i eventually will order one or not, but it would have to correct all the bad on the next version for me to do so. Fix the velcro issue on the arms and waist, and lengthen the legs a bit. Also i think a charge of 250 to maybe alter one thing is a bit much. Should charge per alteration the way aerostich does. Should also use heavier duty zippers on the pits and arms like the stich has so that you can actually open and close the vents with the suit on and not have to struggle to get the zippers closed. And ghazi's suit does blow the stich out of the water when it comes to comfort. That i cant argue. Just wish he would have better customer service and update the website with what is really on the suit.
  17. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    i apologize if u feel treated unfairly - please dont consider it a defense but rather simply an explanation of my situation.

we are continuously updating our products - in almost every batch - to ensure you get the best based on the latest feedback. for this reason, we state on our website that the product may vary slightly from the pictures. a company our size can not do complete photo shoots over n over again.

We moved to strap adjusters due to some issues but based on complaints - like from you - we have switched back to snaps for the arms. for the last few batches, all the suits are using snaps.

please try to understand that you bought a jacket at almost half price ... closeout are tough to deal with and require stricter policies.. if you want to send me the bill, i will be glad to reimburse you for the charges. For future purposes, if there is any confusion or concern, a quick call or email can provide a lot of clarity :freaky

as for sizing. Our sizes have been developed after a lot of research. However, this does not mean that one size will fit every body perfectly. Two people of the same height and weight may require totally different sizes. Some of us have our height in our torso, while some of us have our height in our legs.

this is why we have custom sizing - bringing us to your next concern - custom size pricing. first off, aero does not offer full custom sizing but rather certain alterations. for this reason, they can charge per change.

On the other hand, we make a brand new pattern for you - even if you require one change. this ensures a better fit. for example, if you increase the leg length by 1 inch, you need to adjust the entire leg to ensure the armor positioning is adjusted accordingly. do you think simply increasing the amount of fabric below your current size will fix your issue ? no right - we need to the move the armor down, we need to make sure the ankle fits correct, we need to ensure a ton of other things that one may never think about.

if you change even one minor thing, that means the suit can not be processed on a regular production line and we need to ensure that it is made differently from everything else. there is a lot of effort required for this. Considering all this, our charges are minimal compared to what you would pay for such custom sizing. Additionally, the base price is much lower anyway.

i really appreciate the positive comments and am glad that you find the gear to be comfortable. hopefully this will help differentiate our closeout rules from a general impression of our customer service (which is what we always pride ourselves for)

looking forward to some pictures.
  18. CreatureCore

CreatureCore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Im glad you went back to the snap adjusters as they are just a much better way to get a good fit. As for the emails, we did email with no real resolve, but I am satisfied with how you have handled the situation now via email. And again your powershell is probably my favorite piece of gear i ever owned. The ease of it going on, the protection, the looks, and how much air it flowed in the middle of summer was great. I probably will end up picking up a custom sized powershell some time next year.

And the navigator is a great jacket, probably the best I have ever owned now that the adjusters have been fixed at the arms and waist. The only thing i would probably change now is a longer collar as if layering for the winter and have a lot of stuff on, the collar is sometimes to short to reach the velcro closure. No need to pay me back for the adjustments as my friends hook up was really nice and barely charged me anything.

Here is the powershell i owned, i really think this is the best color combination I have seen on a suit, although i really like the black/red navigator i have as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    that really is quite sharp isnt it. let me know if i can do nething for u regarding the custom power shell - just shoot me an email when you are ready and we will arrange a trial for you.
  20. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    stay tuned to this forum today for details on the new Sahara jacket