Center stand skid-plate, r1150gs Adv

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by kildala2000, Oct 5, 2004.

1. kootenay kid

kootenay kid Lets Ride

Oddometer:
    Dude, if I had a bike I'd buy one!
  2. dwestmodesto

dwestmodesto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the quick delivery of the sidestand extender and the rear mudguard. I could have used the sidestand plate this summer. I parked at an internet cafe in Mazatlan to say hello to my wife over the net. The bike leaned too far over and did a turtle imitation on me. Both tires were pointed up in the air. I picked it back up, but the fall scratched up one of my sidecases and broke the reflector on the same sidecase. The bike is much more vertical with the extension, and doesn't have the excess lean. I haven't gotten the mudguard on yet, but it looks to be of excellent quality. Looking at the pics of your guard for the front of the engine, it looks like it will work with the oem bmw crashbars on my "non-adventure" 2000 GS. The crashbars have a bar going across the front of the engine connecting the right and left crashbar. If there are only the two mounts at the top of the guard, it looks like they would mount on the R1150GS bars as well as the Adventure bars you designed it for.
    Thanks again,
    Dave

3. Dils

Dils Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rick,
    Great piece of gear and it looks sweet on my gs 1150. It took 5 minutes to install. Going out to the desert in so cal tomorrow to put it to the test. Thanks again.
    Best regards,
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
  4. mtwillyman

mtwillyman Lost and Cornfuzed Supporter

Oddometer:
    Kildala,
    Installed side stand extender Saturday on my R1150GS ADV. It really helps with picking the bike up off the side stand. So far this is the best improvement i've done to the bike. A very functional piece. Thanks Rick! :slurp
  5. AnnieGS

AnnieGS Namasté, bitches!

Oddometer:
    Another good word for the side-stand extender -- I no longer fear righting my fully-fueled and fully-loaded GS from it's parked position. :D

Thanks,
    --AnnieGS
  6. Icebear

Icebear Old Fart Mountaineer

Oddometer:
    Just installed my new RickRack and side stand extender on the 1150 GS Adv. Nice powdercoat. Rick made the rack to my specs, so it's a bit wider than someone else might like, but the Jesse lids clear quite nicely. I was impressed with Rick's communication during the design process. He really wanted me to get what I needed. All-in-all, a great guy to deal with. I think PostCanada uses dog sleds where he lives though.
  7. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ok when are you going to design a real skid plate for the R1150GS. I'm on my 4th one so far and this is getting expensive. By now I could have bought a titanium one if it existed. The OEM one is just plain cheap and a pain to remove for oil changes. I think that if the OEM one were make of thicker aluminum it would slide over rocks better and not grab them like the current one. There has to be a better design.

Help!!
  8. eman308

eman308 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got my Adv. set, very happy. Good shipping time and product. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Thanks,E.
  9. Pinarretta

Pinarretta Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

Oddometer:
    Took a while for me to get around to installing them, but the guards and rear rack look great on the Adventure.

[​IMG]
  10. Nelson

Nelson Shadow Boxer

Oddometer:
    Just got back into town to find the sidestand foot waiting for me, Thanks again for another quality item, and for your trust.
    Cheque is on it's way!

Nelson
  11. JRP

JRP Old guy Supporter

Oddometer:
    I got my plate a few days ago and just had time today to mount it. Very nice workmanship and prompt and courteous service. Rick is a real craftsman. Buy his stuff!!!!! :D

[​IMG]
  12. stoney4vida

stoney4vida Semper Fidelis

Oddometer:
    Rick,
    I received the skid plate and engine guard today.:D Can't wait to mount them on the bike ! They are really quality pieces you have made and the price can't be beat !!! Great communication and fast shipping from way up North.
    A pleasure to do business with !
    come on guys, buy up some fine custom work !!
    Thanks Rick
  13. kootenay kid

kootenay kid Lets Ride

Oddometer:
    Watch out Touratech!
  14. moymurfs

moymurfs Truth has become unacceptable.

Oddometer:
    Rick, Got the 1150 centerstand plate today! Looks Great! Nice and sturdy...Thanks!! Murf
  15. stoney4vida

stoney4vida Semper Fidelis

Oddometer:
    Rick, just wanted to say MERRY CHRISTMAS and Happy New Year !!:freaky
    Love the skid plate !:D
  16. GS Weaver

GS Weaver idiot Supporter

Oddometer:
    Got the skidplate set mounted up, excellent quality!!! I wish all aftermarket stuff fit that well! Another very happy customer :D :D :D
  17. kootenay kid

kootenay kid Lets Ride

Oddometer:
    Hey Kildala. Do you make a skid plate for the R1150R? Im gonna need one soon.:lol3
  18. gooddog

gooddog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi rick

how much for the rear rack for the 1100gs, and will it fit with micatech bags.

hi
  19. ericb67

ericb67 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rick, thanks for the spectacular product at an amazing price. I can't believe how fast it got here! Thanks again and I hope we can do more business in the future!
    Eric
  20. Steverino

Steverino Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer:
    pssssssssssssst

foot flappies....