KTM 9th Annual KTM Adventure Rider Rally

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by Don Lemelin, Feb 17, 2012.

1. triplenickel

triplenickel Long timer

Oddometer:
    Turns out I'm not gonna have a whole bunch of time before the rally, it looks like I have to work right up until the 11th, I'll have to do my playing around in the 2 weeks after.
  2. Humunn

Humunn Agent Provocateur

Oddometer:
    in!
  3. littlebull

littlebull tiny mighty mo

Oddometer:
    There is camping at Devil's Lake which is a few minutes closer; here is the link.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsinternet/!ut/p/c5/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gDfxMDT8MwRydLA1cj72BTSw8jAwgAykeaxcN4jhYG_h4eYX5hPgYwefy6w0H24dcPNgEHcDTQ9_PIz03VL8iNMMgycVQEAIzTHkw!/dl3/d3/L2dJQSEvUUt3QS9ZQnZ3LzZfME80MEkxVkFCOTB

It's primitive but beautiful (like a lot of you guys I know!).

P.S. There is also camping at Sparks Lake. There are more spaces here than at Devils Lake. For dispersed camping you might check out the area around Benham and Dillon Falls. It's a lot closer to Bend than these camping areas. We don't camp out there so I don't know what's "legal", but it's a great area for riding, too.
  4. BaronVonDarrin

BaronVonDarrin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Philadelphia, and at times Western Maryland
    ug. wish it wasnt only on the west coast...
  5. rwavaktm

rwavaktm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ditto on that! Really sucks that they don't do one closer to the east coast.
    I would really like to go to Oregon and attend the Rally but its over 2500 miles away.
    Just don't think I can pull that off this year.
  6. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
  7. chrish4ku

chrish4ku Long timer

Oddometer:
    IN - Will be riding up with the Bay Area crew.

Was in Bend last summer at Deschutes Brewery and other great places. Can't wait to return.
  8. Rainshadow

Rainshadow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Considering it was Wachs that got KTM to bring it to Bend we should all be paying homage.

There are literally thousands of campsites within an hour of Bend. There are some great dispersed (read free) campsites within a few minutes of the Mt Bachelor Village location of the event as the border of the Deschutes National Forest is maybe 5 minutes from the resort. The resort is kind of on the west edge of town but it's easy to drop down the hill across the Deschutes River into the Old Mill District (lots of restaurants, bars, shopping for the Mrs, etc) or into town. There's about 7 brew pubs within 10 minutes.

I've lived in Bend since 1993. If anybody needs advice or info just shoot me a message and I'll be glad to help out.

Looking forward to the event!
  9. Bofaxrunner

Bofaxrunner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been looking forward to this since I first heard it was being hosted in Bend. Short ride for me, but I guess that will save me money.

-Kevin
  10. wachs

wachs just passin' through

Oddometer:
    I've been to a couple KTM events. You can test ride most of their street legal machines, go on 'organized' rides in the area or just take a route map and explore on your own. Dinner every night is a gathering of like-minded KTM enthusiasts sharing the days' experiences and bs'ing. It's fun - there are a ton of sights to see around here - just going to Crater Lake for a day is worth the trip!
  11. BaronVonDarrin

BaronVonDarrin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Philadelphia, and at times Western Maryland
    jealous :/
    I would love to ride with some people and do something other than ride around in circles in Germantown...
  12. Tatsubon

Tatsubon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looks like I will be missing the hookup with the Hood group taking the offroad way down.
    The best I could get was Sept. 13 - 18. May have to find my way down there on my own.
    Unless I can meet up with someone else from the West Coast heading down about the same time.

Will keep my eyes on this thread to see what comes up.

- Tatsubon
  13. Hochtouren

Hochtouren Improve until broken

Oddometer:
    Thanks Wachs. Trying to sort out some logistics - would love to check it out. Plus, it's an excuse to ride somewhere far, far away, so it's a win-win.
  14. spencergt66

spencergt66 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So I have a wedding to go to the weekend before the rally in the bay area think I'll bring my bike with me and ride it north to the rally then back to Seattle afterward. Plan on taking a few days tooling around my old stomping grounds before I hit Bend :clap:clap. ............I'm in
  15. Questor

Questor More Undestructable

Oddometer:
    I'm "IN"! :clap

Just put in my vacation request.

I've been to the last three KTM events, and they have been great.
    Lake Tahoe was a bit to "urban" and "civilized" for me, but I still enjoyed meeting all you FF's.

I've got no real plans, and don't intend to make any.
    I'm going to pack my bike, and just ride for a week from Idaho, show up at the event, ride, eat, drink, sleep, eat, ride, drink, eat, sleep, and just go with the flow.

If Wachs has something to do with this event, you can guarantee it's going to be a good time. I know the area, and no mater where you go, the riding will be great.

OK you hooligans, I'll see you all there in four and a half months. :D

Q~
  16. BlockPass

BlockPass Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking for other Seattle area riders that would like to find a mostly off-road route from here to Bend. We can link parts of the WABDR and Oregon BDR, but looking for input as I have not ridden any of the Oregon routes yet.
  17. moto-treks

moto-treks Back Home

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a great option to get to the rally and meet some of the Hood River FFs - got room for another tent?
  18. Apple Jam

Apple Jam Ride Oregon First

Oddometer:
    Plenty of space, & all are welcome !!
    You're on the list !!
  19. Apple Jam

Apple Jam Ride Oregon First

Oddometer:
    The OBDR does not have a section from the OR/WA border heading towards Bend,...
    but join our group, and I'll gladly show you the "Cascade Discovery Route" from Hood River to Bend :deal
  20. BlockPass

BlockPass Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sign me up!