NEOhio ADV & TAG!

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by SlipChip, Sep 11, 2007.

1. dazz

dazz I don't want a nickel....

Oddometer:
    Stud race at Western Reserve this weekend. You don't have to have studs on the bike but it is recommended that you ARE a stud. Just big bikes.
  2. Jon

Jon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looks like Kim and I will be headed up to the MC show on Sunday. Really wanted to go tomorrow to avoid some of the crowds but it just didn't work out.
  3. mgorman

mgorman Crashing since 1964

Oddometer:

Don't forget to take your phone
  4. rbsride365

rbsride365 Hi-Viz

Oddometer:
    Will be leaving work tomorrow at 2:30 to head up to the MC show for the evening. Went to BW tonight with Josh for a couple of hours. You won't recognize the place as it's actually covered with SNOW! Every single gun on the mountain running. Good conditions. COLD! 11 degrees when we pulled out of the parking lot to head for home. 9 years old and already no problem keeping up with me! Good times.
  5. dox

dox How much for the ape?

Oddometer:
    Planning to be at IX Center tomorrow around 4PM if the weather doesn't slow me down. Doing a whirlwind tour of IMS and NAIAS Auto Show in Detroit this weekend. :eek1
  6. SlipChip

SlipChip Adventure Commuter

Oddometer:
    Meeting my buddy @ Dante's Pizza @ 5:15-5:30 tonight to save on parking a
    @ IX, then going over to the show. Beer & pizza afterwards.
  7. CBBaron

CBBaron Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is that Dante's or Donte's?

Dante's Pizza
    4176 Rocky River Dr, Cleveland, OH
    (216) 251-0744 ‎ · danteswestpark.com

Donte's Restaurant and Pizza
    20850 Sheldon Road
    Cleveland, OH 44017
    (440) 243-0332
    dontesrestaurantpizzashop.com‎

Was looking for a restaurant near the IX to meet a friend also. Dante's did not look like it had much parking.

Craig
  8. jimjim

jimjim Just another FF!

Oddometer:
    I know it's not this one but we would eat here every friday night many years ago when I lived in C-bus. Still great pizza.
    http://www.dantespizzainc.com/index.html
  9. dazz

dazz I don't want a nickel....

Oddometer:
    The irony of it is that time was well BEFORE cell phones.
  10. ThomasVolomitz

ThomasVolomitz New Old Stock

Oddometer:
    Vivid and Bryguy are going to the IX in the morning (if the weather doesn't slow them down). Mickey Ray, Preacher Tim and I will also be headed up. Look for us at the bar where we will be saving souls and making a toast to better riding weather.
  11. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    Mike, you have a budding career for.you down here in NC teaching the locals how to drive in a quarter inch of snow. 13 rollovers and thats not counting fenderbenders or twice as many folks slipping off into ditches or the cable divider. And no, there's no ice built up either.

You even have your own street down here too. I-40 exit 295 is Gorman st.
  12. SlipChip

SlipChip Adventure Commuter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, corner of 237 & Sheldon
  13. CBBaron

CBBaron Long timer

Oddometer:
    Who would have thought that there was a Dante's and Donte's both within a few miles of the IX? :D

Based on reviews this place looks better than the first place I found. May see you there.

Craig
  14. vivid dadas

vivid dadas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We should be there by lunch, bryguy is driving and I'm drinking.
  15. mgorman

Oddometer:
    Still have the pay phone in sign-up?
  16. mgorman

Oddometer:
    Ironically I missed al the crashes today, enough fast sailing to the North shore and back. Saw lots of slide marks, no cars.

Sis lived in Atlanta, said the whole town shut down with only a 1/4" of snow
  17. hateithere

hateithere anytime now

Oddometer:
    It's funny to be in different parts of the country when they get snow.I was working in either Arkansas or Alabama and they got maybe 2-3",one hardware store painted on thier windows in 3' red letters "CLOSED DUE TO SNOW"
    I had to rent some tools for work and the counter people must have asked ten times "you're going out in this?????"
    The real tragedy in the whole thing is fear and ignorance prevented the townfolk from the once in a life time oppurtunity to do donuts in the snow. On the flipside I was in the Sierras near Tahoe and it snowed something like four feet overnight
  18. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    I've got a couple good ones about Atlanta. The carpocalypse was a fun endeavor to drive through. 4pm when I made it there,Friday on a thanksgiving day weekend, 30 degrees and dropping, rain that turned to snow over the course of 5 hours it took me to run the loop from lawrenceburg to Kennesaw. I had one pass me on it's roof to slam into the gas tanker in front of me and several wrecks happen on my sides and in front of my nose. That day was hands down the most nuts I've ever seen it in my 9 years of holding a cdl.

I've been pulled over 3 times for "level 3" snow emergencies down south. All of them in towns and anywhere from 1/4"-2" of snow. Everytime it's been about the same as you Kevin. They ask if you're nuts,look at the state on the license,ask how much snow we have,then tell you to carry on. The first few times I heard of snow down south sent folks into an absolute panic. They make a run on walmart and grocery stores like it's the end of the world. By noon the snow is gone anyway. It's nuts.
  19. ScienceOfDirt

ScienceOfDirt U-Boat Rider

Oddometer:
    I think some of the people here plow snow for hire. We've got a truck with a poly plow my brother uses to plow the family rental properties. A couple of the neighbors have asked, begged actually, for us to do their drives and lots simply because we get it done early. I have no idea what to charge. Not sure if I want the headache either.
  20. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    Pm Gonzo_Matt. IIRC he's running a couple trucks for plowing.