Yooperbikemike's 2013 MotoGP Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Nov 11, 2012.

1. DogBoy

DogBoy Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    "Oh My Gawd! Did you hear what Brittany said about Courtney's friend Kayla? Well Courtney was like All Up in Brittany's shit defending Kayla. Kayla mostly stayed out of it but was like Not Even Happy about Brittany talking shit and really kind of pissed but still it was a shitty thing for Brittany to say even if Brittany wasn't super-serious about dumping on Kayla because Brittany justs acts like a bitch sometimes and everbody still mostly likes Brittany and nobody really liked Courtney or Kayla anway until this whole thing blew up."
  2. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
    Best thing Pedrosa can do is win the championship. I would bet that Kevin would be first in line to shake his hand and say 'I was wrong'.
  3. tinhead

tinhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's only 2 races so far, but Pedro's chances of winning the Championship would go up if he'd finish ahead of his teammate.:rofl
  4. DC2wheels

DC2wheels Castle Anthrax troll Supporter

Oddometer:
    Fixed!
  5. auguzt

auguzt get on with it

Oddometer:
    Dunno... Why is Puig's letter published in its entire form while the article in which Schwantz has made those statements is not? Some infos are lacking here...
    BTW I don't read animosity in the statements, while the letter sounds "bitchy" to me. My 2c
  6. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:

Guess they'll have to meet up on Dani's fucking yacht as he piloting it around the goddamn Mediterranean because Kevin can't get into the race tracks.
  7. jm-2008

jm-2008 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  8. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:

Ha ha, too bad he's going to be unable to do that.
  9. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    I agree with this 100%.

When it comes down to it, you can't argue with the above.

Every one of them won their championships when other riders were injured, had equipment failures, crashed out due to no fault of their own, etc.

Every one of them lost other championships due to injury, equipment failure...etc...

Also, I am not the least bit surprised Puig lashed back at Schwantz since Kevin singled him out.

And the world keeps turning....

:D
  10. WSobchak

WSobchak Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Possibly the funniest thing I've read on ADVrider.

Thanks!
  11. 8703

8703 message in a bottle

Oddometer:
    Schwantz has a point, but in this instance its at the top of his head. Can't imagine why he felt the need to come out and slang Dani just for pointless prognostication. Nothing good could come of it. What a dork. His wandering piece on Soup is more Chatty Cathy dross.
  12. Motorcyclist

Motorcyclist Drag a Bag!

Oddometer:
    Schwartz was a great racer. Lots of personality, exciting to watch, the whole package.

Unfortunately, as a former champion he tends to run his yapper too much. He is entitled to his opinion, but he has to realize when it comes across as negative for no apparent reason. This would have been one of those times.

Pedrosa may never win the MotoGP title, but Schwantz doesn't need to heap it on him. It just sounds petty.
  13. dsilver1007

dsilver1007 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Guess Schwantz didnt have anything better to talk about at his pity party so he bashed a big name rider. He probably took breaks between talking trash about COTA and Dani to speak about the good old days when he wasnt a bitter asshole :lol3
  14. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    I didn't read it as a slam of Pedrosa as much as a slam of Puig. :hmmmmm
  15. HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Even if he had never raced, Schwantz is right about DP.
    More importantly, his ridicule may be the push DP needs.

Heading into Jerez, with 3 Spaniards duking it out, this could be the best indicator yet of who the next world champion may be.
    For DP, it's win it or bin it time.
  16. WSobchak

WSobchak Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Now that would make for some very exciting racing!
  17. SGrider

SGrider Bob's country bunker

Oddometer:
    Would be interesting to see Dani take out his teammate, wait he's done that one before. :D

Frankly, as well as Marquez has done so far it doesn't look good for Pedrosa to beat the kid in points this year. Dani's window of opportunity is disappearing nearly as quickly as Rossi's.
  18. Lurky-Loo

Lurky-Loo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If Pedrosa was the kind of rider who needed that kind of push, he would have retired a long time ago.

"He hasn't won anything in eight years" -- while it wasn't meant literally, it's obviously wrong-headed on two levels: 1) it shows disrespect to the sport by dismissing the champions of intermediate classes; 2) it shows arrogance on Schwantz' part by not realizing Pedrosa's results are quite comparable to his, and that the difference between his only title and Pedrosa's none is a matter of chance as much as ability.

Puig was right to tear him a new one.
  19. roadholder

roadholder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep. I have great respect for Schwantz but he was clearly out of line and perhaps a bit hypocritical. As pointed out (without Rainey's tragic career ending accident) he came very close to becomming another Randy Mammola...in possibly being the fastest guy to not win a championship. For Schwantz, Rainey's incredible speed and consistancy lapsed just once...for Dani Pedrosa, Lorenzo's didn't.
  20. PeteN95

PeteN95 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I tend to think what Schwantz meant to say was "He hasn't won any MotoGP championships in 7 years on a factory Honda"? Which is perfectly accurate. 8 years ago he was on a 250. He was 2 for 2 in the 250WC, only raced '04 and '05 and won them both!