The F5 Bivouac (rallye raid news) and W2RC - World cross country rally championship

Discussion in 'Racing' started by PackMule, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Uller

Uller Done with this BS

Oddometer:
    :lol3 I was thinking the same thing about the spitting. Didn't know who's face it was though.
  2. Brimstone

Brimstone Super Duper n00b!

Oddometer:
    ROFL!!! Chagin does look like Putin!!

Vladimir Chagin, arguably the best truck driver on the Dakar. Has been running Kamaz trucks for quite a while...

3. Brimstone

Brimstone Super Duper n00b!

Oddometer:
    :tb I need a moment.... Having a crisis over here...
  4. New_Folder

New_Folder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    As I watched the Red Bull video I turned the volume up in anticipation as they all got on/in their vehicles... only to hear nothing but annoying music. I suppose the marketing is obviously not aimed at people who actually ride but it still disappoints me every time I watch a video and the engine noise is replaced by music.
  5. Motorfiets

Motorfiets Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone notice the KTM bikes change to the new 450's halfway thru?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
  6. Happe

Happe Adventure Bike Spanner Man

Oddometer:
    Just realised that I will be in that exact location in three weeks time for a good two weeks riding :clap
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Hollywood
    I mean the location with the Western Town, not the second half when the bikes changed and the sand became orange (Morocco) ;-)

Stefan
  7. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente f5ree sub-zero agent

Oddometer:
    (noticed that last night too... the township scenes were with the 2013 spec bikes... they aired out the new 2014 toy in the sand dunes).

The property master and continuity editors on the production crew got the axe at the post production meeting for that one... :rofl
  8. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    I believe :wink: that the first part was shot second in the south of Spain the Monday after Merzouga and the second part shot first a few days before the Morocco Rally :D
  9. doyle

doyle RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer:
    I don't know the full make up of Botturi's set up but I did hear from Chavo that while he uses the full Speedbrain offering (bivouac, mechanic, etc...) Botturi is off separate with his own, non-Speedbrain mechanic, his own camp, etc... I'm sure they share a lot of parts, but I didn't gather that there was much interaction between Botturi and the rest of the riders using Speedbrain's services.
  10. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    Those responsible for sacking the editors, have been sacked.
  11. Gian

Gian dreamer

Oddometer:
    this come absolutely new for me, I'll investigate, I know Alessandro will have a meeting for all his fans on the 28th, won't be able to get there but some friend for sure will :evil!

PS: all the SB bikes leaving for Dakar
    [​IMG]
  12. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    Monogrammed saddles... that's soooo 2013... :lol3
  13. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
  14. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    Surely the deal between Casteu and KTM was in place before Kurts accident at Baja on the weekend...?

In the youtube interview David made at the EICMA expo almost two weeks ago (Nov 6) he alludes to his discontinued co-operation with yamaha, his plans for a new ride/new team at Dakar 2014 etc.:deal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kRnrFL34Qk&feature=youtu.be

The press (never ones to let a good humanitarian story go to waste) perhaps sieze on the opportunity to highlight Davids return/defection to the KTM ranks.

Perhaps he was already working on a satellite deal similar to that which Chaleco brokered last year? With circumstances as they are, I can well imagine KTM might perhaps step up the level of support that casteu is provided at the rally (now with Kurts untimely departure, his bike an material will no doubt be put to good use by the experienced and likeable frenchman).

But I find it hard to fathom that all this has been put together in the last three days?

Whatever the case, I hope the black armband and Kurts spirit ride with David at this years Dakar.
  15. 640 Armageddon

640 Armageddon Xplorer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well said Troy, it is hard to beleive that the KTM would close such a deal in the last three days.
  16. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Agree.

My guess is that Casteu was lining up a semi-factory ride with KTM. Having him step up into a full factory ride to support Coma makes sense.

Or perhaps I'm reading in to this too much, and the factory ride is still available. :dunno
  17. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    now that I think about it he raced a KTM 450rr at the last rally in SA, but the euro web story makes it seem like it was brokered in the last few days.
  18. michael1968

michael1968 Long timer

Oddometer:

:rofl
  19. michael1968

michael1968 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I was sure I'd seen something about switching to KTM a little while back.
  20. tehdutchie

tehdutchie Long timer

Oddometer:
    The sad sad loss of Kurt might secure Ruben Faria (who I heard was under pressure inside KTM after Cyril left) a bit of a future at KTM for 2014-2015... Still the underdog..