Dual Sport Luggage Racks

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by jackpiner57, Mar 12, 2011.

1. mrprez

mrprez KJ4WMZ

Oddometer:
    PM sent on the rack.
  2. SloDon

SloDon Hey...where am I?

Oddometer:
    Tom

Back from my trip out West. Wanted to let you know the rack held up great.......it carried the full RotoPak tank and a small pack thru some of the roughest / rockiest trails at speed that I have ever done!

It was a greast addition and the extra gas was necessary twice........thanks again for your custom work for me. :thumb

Don

By the way here is a link to the pics....video to follow....

http://s918.photobucket.com/albums/...=slideshow&track=share_email_album_view_click

For what its worth the rack has my no reservation endorsement.
  3. jackpiner57

jackpiner57 Moto-Racks.com Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks Don, I really appreciate you posting about how the rack worked for you!

Wow, what an incredible ride! The pictures are fantastic. I have to get out west and ride some of that beautiful country. I've been dreaming about it for a long time.:clap
  4. tonyfinchico

tonyfinchico Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What do you have for the DR 650? Im looking for somthing like the Moose Rack. Sides and top.
  5. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    Hey Tony, sorry I don't have anything for the DR650 yet. I'm waiting for someone to bring me a stock unmodified bike for me to fit a rack to. They will get the rack for free and I will build a jig to make more of them. I need to put up a notice on the northeast thread.
  6. tonyfinchico

tonyfinchico Adventurer

Oddometer:
    To bad Im in California.
  7. Day13

Day13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tom,

Got the rack on Sat. and it looks great. Your recommendation on the bungee loops was just what I was looking for. Can't wait to try it out.

Dave
  8. oclv454

oclv454 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tom, Got my rack. It looks great! Even better in person than the photos. I'll mount it up this weekend and give you some feedback after I get to load it up and use it. Thanks again. oclv
  9. bcliff

bcliff Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Tom, I'm about 2.5 hours from you and would love to have you use my KLX250 for a mock-up. I'll let you know if I'm going to be in your area.
  10. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    Sounds great! Let me know. It will take a few hours to make the prototype and then I have to build a jig from it. After that, I can ship it to you. Sound good? As a bonus, I can show you some awesome trails in the area.:lol3
  11. RockemRdr

RockemRdr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tom,
    If you have any left I will take one. Thanks, -Roy
  12. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    Hey Roy, I just sold the last one, but I am going to be doing a redesign and will be offering it in the next few weeks. Keep an eye on this thread for updates. Thanks, Tom
  13. RockemRdr

Oddometer:
    Just my luck -- argh! Ok, you can put me down for one. Oh, and why/what are you changing? It already looked sweet.
  14. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking about round instead of square tubing. It would also have radiused corners. Everything else would be the same. The first one is yours! I'll let you know as soon as I get one built. Thanks, Tom
  15. RockemRdr

Oddometer:
    Great - looking forward to it.
  16. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    i see no dr takers yet. i'll post your vendor thread in the big dr thread.
  17. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    Thanks eakins!! It just so happens that a DR owner that's an hour away from me just PM'd me and would like to bring it here for me to do some R&D. :thumb After that, I'll put up a new thread asking for input on what DR riders want in a rack.
  18. vintagespeed

vintagespeed fNg

Oddometer:
    i dig the rack, might want one for my DR when you get them done. i say stick to the square tube, fuel cell on left and a tool tube bracket on the right above the exhaust.

sign me up!
  19. oclv454

oclv454 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have one of these racks and it is terrific. I have the square tubing and like it (personally) for better contact between the rack and my tail bag. It has the new style rounded corners and four bungee loops on the bottom. I asked Tom to move the bungee loops more towards the middle instead of at the corners and this has worked out well. Tom also built it with the RotoPax option. It is very sturdy and it works in conjunction with my Dirt bagz racks (just had to remove a slight bit of the plastic fender on the left side, non noticable). I would highly recommend this rack if you need a larger rack for longer trips.

Hopefully Tom didn't get flooded from Irene like many Vermont towns like my hometown of Bethel VT. oclv
  20. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    cool. looking forward to seeing the DR design.