MOTUS: New Sport Tourer built in Alabama

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Reverend12, Sep 23, 2009.

1. 10/10ths

10/10ths Road Trip Fool Supporter

Oddometer:
    ...So, if Honda can't sell the amazing VFR1200 when discounted to $12,995.........................:hmmmmm

And I want a Motus--BAD!!!!!!

I sat on one in Houston and it is an amazing combination of perfect riding position, flat footing ride height for short folks, epic engine, noise, poise, pose and goes.

I hope they make it, but.......DA-AMN! It's gonna be tough.
  2. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Good point... I've seen it as low as $9995 for the VFR1200... if the ergos weren't so sporty (for me), I'd jump on one.

We'll see how this one turns out.. its cachet is that engine, its American pedigree and its exclusivity. 200 bikes a year isn't a lot to sell and sell-out and be considered a success. Time will tell.
  3. choppahead

choppahead Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    From what I see, I think it's awesome. I hope they are a success.

I'm gonna wait until they bring out the 'Neanderthal' model though. Flat black and apes with that motor!!!! :wings

:hide
  4. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    Boxer lust,the engine that is the epitome of slow and gradual would be the boxer. The Motus sounds as intended,like a small V-8 taking off,pretty neat I think.
  5. Moronic

Moronic Long timer

Oddometer:

Well, Honda probably has sold a couple of hundred ...

Honda's usually brilliant production engineering seems to have been let down by its designers: not enough people want a very heavy, shaft driven sport bike with bags.

If Motus meets its sales target, it will be because a couple of hundred people are prepared to pay almost anything for the Motus design: a relatively light, and very low-maintenance, chain-driven touring bike that steers.
  6. 10/10ths

Oddometer:
    ......I think I'd sell a kidney for that Motus. She really impressed me when I sat on her. The bike, that is.
  7. kirb

kirb should be out riding

Oddometer:
    VFR has bags? I had a hard time finding photos with them, but it seems they cost $2300!

The VFR is a bad bike to compare. It's heavy, lousy range, no bags included (and expensive), and too sporty for ST duties (for me)
  8. Hammerspur

Hammerspur Long timer

Oddometer:
    Kinda' doubt the perception the video gives would translate riding it.
    The RC30 is a legend, but they really don't sound so hot at all... 180 crank VFR's sound alot better!
    http://vfrworld.com/forums/general-vfr-discussions/36756-360-vs-180-why-says-who.html#post336286
    To the non-tone-deaf methinks the Motus does as well...
    ST's are f-in' tanks, and look it too.
    Apples n' oranges for sure.
  9. Yankee Dog

Yankee Dog Long timer

Oddometer:
    That is one thing I really liked about the MOTUS. During my admittedly short sit, the egos seemed very relaxed. Less so that than the Triumph Trophy 1200 and current Sprint GT. Really not that much more aggressive than the Beemer 1150RT. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  10. univibe88

univibe88 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Totally agree the comparison to the Triumph Sprint GT. The Motus has waaaaayyyy better ergos.
  11. gymply

gymply Perma-n00b

Oddometer:
    Just went to their website. It now has this blurb under the FAQ:

"We will announce final pricing, options, and full production specifications for the MST as we wrap up development and testing. We are working with key suppliers to keep the MSRP affordable for a wide range of riders. Please stay tuned and thank you for your patience."

Guess we will be waiting longer than the end of the year until they let the pricing cat out of the bag.
  12. Gordon Bennett

Gordon Bennett I know

Oddometer:
    Like Hesketh...

[​IMG]
  13. kirb

kirb should be out riding

Oddometer:
    From a Motus update email...No pricing yet, but more info on options.

2011 is a wrap, onwards to 2012!

Motus is an expression of human will. The will to build bad-ass motorcycles in the most unlikely of times. The will to help America retain her place as a premier manufacturing country by crafting machines with character and quality. The will to fight to make sure our best days lay ahead.

Since first revealing prototypes in March, we’ve been steadily testing, refining, and promoting the MST’s all over the US in preparation for a mid-2012 production launch. So far, so good. Three prominent journalists have written favorably about their test rides and provided useful feedback to our engineers. See interviews below and here of Alan Cathcart and Blake Connor after riding the MST and MST-R.

Everything learned from this process is being built into a 3rd generation of MST’s that have a number of improvements and new features not yet revealed. Then, we will complete final testing/certification and begin shipping to dealers as soon as possible.

Pricing, accessories, and availability.
    Parts quotes are being finalized now based on the estimated 2012/2013 production volume. We will release MSRP’s soon and we thank you for your patience. The MST will come standard with an excellent feature set and based on customer and dealer requests, units will ship with optional accessories such as heated grips/saddle, sport or tour style windscreens, extra Powerlet ports, upgraded wheels/brakes/suspension. Motorcycles and aftermarket engines will be sold through authorized dealers and will be shipped on a “first come-first served” basis, based on the reservations being made by dealers and customers now. We have signed some of the best dealers in the country, but are still looking for representation in a number of markets. Please tell your favorite dealer if you are interested in a Motus!

14. Dilligaf0220

Dilligaf0220 Miserablist

Oddometer:
    Yeah......but are they coming to Canada?

Sowry, couldn't resist. :lol3
  15. Hammerspur

Hammerspur Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]<table style="background-color: rgb(28, 28, 28);" class="backgroundTable" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td align="middle" valign="top"> <table style="border: 0px none rgb(0, 0, 0); margin-top: 10px;" id="contentTable" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="550"> <tbody> <tr> <td>
    <table cellpadding="20" cellspacing="0" width="550"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="border: 0px none rgb(255, 255, 255); padding: 20px; line-height: 150%; background-color: rgb(218, 219, 221); font-family: Verdana; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px;" class="defaultText" align="left" valign="top">
    <hr>
    2011 is a wrap, onwards to 2012!

Motus is an expression of human will. The will to build bad-ass motorcycles in the most unlikely of times. The will to help America retain her place as a premier manufacturing country by crafting machines with character and quality. The will to fight to make sure our best days lay ahead.
    Since first revealing prototypes in March, we’ve been steadily testing, refining, and promoting the MST’s all over the US in preparation for a mid-2012 production launch. So far, so good. Three prominent journalists have written favorably about their test rides and provided useful feedback to our engineers. See interviews with Alan Cathcart and Blake Connor after riding the MST and MST-R.

Everything learned from this process is being built into a 3rd generation of MST’s that have a number of improvements and new features not yet revealed. Then, we will complete final testing/certification and begin shipping to dealers as soon as possible.

Pricing, accessories, and availability.
    Parts quotes are being finalized now based on the estimated 2012/2013 production volume. We will release MSRP’s soon and we thank you for your patience. The MST will come standard with an excellent feature set and based on customer and dealer requests, units will ship with optional accessories such as heated grips/saddle, sport or tour style windscreens, extra Powerlet ports, upgraded wheels/brakes/suspension. Motorcycles and aftermarket engines will be sold through authorized dealers and will be shipped on a “first come-first served” basis, based on the reservations being made by dealers and customers now. We have signed some of the best dealers in the country, but are still looking for representation in a number of markets. Please tell your favorite dealer if you are interested in a Motus!

<hr> [​IMG]
    <hr>
    Come see us at the Battley Cycles booth (#1432) at the IMS Show in Washington, DC (January 13th-15th)

[​IMG]

Dealers- we will be at the 2012 Dealernews International Powersports Dealer Expo the Indiana Convention Center (February 17th-19th)

<hr> ​

<hr>

<hr>
    </td></tr> </tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>[​IMG]
  16. 10/10ths

Oddometer:
    .....need to step back and take a deep breath.

Come on!!!!

Do you have ANY idea how long it takes to develop a brand new motorcycle, get a distribution system of dealerships in place, produce spare parts, warranty, have trained technicians to service them, etc., etc., etc.???????

It is a mind numbing, government paperwork avalanche, billion dollar money hole!!!!!!!!!

You people need to stop with the "$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$??????" posts already.

Gee Whiz, the Motus people are busting their asses to produce this bike. It takes a HUGE amount of time, effort, and money.

You should see what the car companies have to do to change from 17 inch wheels to 20 inch wheels on a vehicle, it is a nightmare. You have no idea how many hoops the Motus folks have to jump through to get this enterprise off the ground. It is an enormous undertaking.

Look at Fisker electric cars, they got about $700 million from the government to build and sell electric cars and they have not built one car yet. There is not a single Fisker on the road.

So, cut the Motus gang some slack.

If you need a sport touring bike now, go buy one. When the Motus hits the ground, sell your bike and buy the new Motus. Jeeeeeesh!!!!!!

:baldy
  17. Moronic

Moronic Long timer

Oddometer:

Well, for my part, it's not so much that I'm aching to buy one tomorrow.

More a matter of measuring promises against deliveries ... :twitch

or, a bit kinder, predictions against what comes to pass.

And considerable curiosity. :lurk
  18. univibe88

univibe88 Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's good that people are interested
  19. Hammerspur

Hammerspur Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't hold back like that, just express yourself already! :puke1
  20. apessino

apessino Long timer

Oddometer:
    Uh? They sold hundreds already - I've seen 3 on the road around here.