Ural-a-ling the USA, Mr. Cob goes on tour

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Mr. Cob, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Spat

Spat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So will this be the official RR?
    Subscribed
    Looking forward to meeting you in Colorado
    Enjoy every minute and every mile.
  2. Mr. Cob

Mr. Cob Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer:

Howdy Spat,

Yes, this is and will be the "official" Ural tour ride report.

Here's hoping our trails cross and yes I will be enjoying this ride.
  3. Loud Al

Loud Al .

Oddometer:
    You will have to work hard at that on a Ural, have a great trip.
  4. Mr. Cob

Oddometer:
    Howdy Load Al,

Hey even a Ural can get busted in a school zone :lol3
  5. Qwik

Qwik Adrenaline Addict Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well somewhere in Colorado a ways before Salida and a long way before Denver is a little town called Snowmass Village (Next to Aspen) and in that town Is a Couch with Your Name on it if you have need.

Tim

I'll even buy dinner if Your hungry.
  6. Rubber Cow

Rubber Cow GS Dork

Oddometer:
    Happy trails you old bastard!
    Hope to see you in the near future! I'l PM you my cell phone number- Call me if you need some evac in the PDX area!
    Cheers,
    Jorge
  7. Mr. Cob

Oddometer:
    Howdy Qwik Gixxer,

Check the ride report and when I get close to your area PM with a reminder of your offer of hospitality, I might not be able to stay the night but I am ALWAYS hungry. :lol3
  8. Mr. Cob

Oddometer:
    Howdy Felxable Bovin,

Damn Jorge, I have been so wound up getting this trip planed and the new rig sorted out I completely forgot to get back to you as regards the shoes, they fit, PM me and let me know how much I owe you. :deal Sorry for not getting back to you I don't have any excuse other then messed up priorities. :cry
  9. nochance

nochance Über Dusty Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ...:lurk
  10. Chanderjeet

Chanderjeet "IndiYeah & SveriYeah!!"

Oddometer:
    New Rig. Sweet. :clap

Cant wait you to start Mr. Cob. All the best and Like you say Ride Hard, Ride safe.

Bon Voyage

Thanks
    Chanderjeet
  11. Questor

Questor More Undestructable

Oddometer:
    This is great news Mr. Cob! :clap

I can't wait to read about your adventures, and knowing you, you WILL have adventures.
    I'll try and visit you whe you are in New England visiting Dbear.

Have a great trip. I'm so envious.

Q~
  12. papaduc

papaduc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would offer help but I'm no good at that ma-kanikal stuff.
    I would offer a place to sleep but my dog owns the couch.
    I guess all I can offer is a big "WHHHOOOOOTTT".:clap
    Sound like a grand adventure. Take lots of pics and try not to get too stuck.
  13. kimber8400

kimber8400 Mike Oxenfire

Oddometer:
    Mr. Cob I did not realize you were coming through <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Montana</st1:place></st1:State>. From the looks of your map your staying in or near <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Helena</st1:place></st1:City>. If that falls through I have a spare bedroom for ya in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Helena</st1:place></st1:City>. I’ve been in <st1:City w:st="on">Helena</st1:City> for about a year and moved here from Kalispell and I made the trip from <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Helena</st1:place></st1:City> to Kalispell last week on my gear up. If you would like someone to ride with to Kalispell let me know and the tentative dates and I will give you my cell number and address. I also posted this on Soviet Steeds
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
    Mike.
  14. DireWolf

DireWolf Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer:
    This will be one hell of an RR.

Looking forward to it!

:clap

:lurk
  15. West Coast Mags

West Coast Mags Parlor Snake

Oddometer:
    PM sent if you need a bed in Phoenix, you're welcome to my guest room, garage, and fridge and I believe there is a local dealer that handles Urals and parts if you need to do any maintenece, if so let me know and I can help get the parts from them to the house for ya. But that's irrelevant because the old tractors never break right? Hope to see you through our part of the dust bowl.
  16. Mr. Cob

Oddometer:
    Howdy All,

The count down to lift off or rather ride on is well under way, today I went down to IMWA to pick up the new rig and bring it home so I can get it packed up and ready to roll next Friday June 27th.

I talked to Ilya and Madina about the placement of the Ural decals and also talked about where to put the large USA decal that has a spot for each State that I will cross through. Here Sergey is installing the tank bag while I try out different positions for the USA map decal.
    [​IMG]

Ilya had to leave to fly over to Russia to participate in factory meetings so we talked about where to place the decals and shook hands before he left, he will be gone when I leave Friday so he wished me luck and asked me to be somewhat kind to his baby.:wink: :evil :lol3 Madina looks on as I install the first decal.
    [​IMG]

Ilya warned me that the Russian Mafia would find me if I decided to just stay on the road and not return to Washington:eek1 :huh
    [​IMG]

Madina and I are talking about where to place the Ural decal so that it will leave room for the "ADV" decal.
    [​IMG]

Here Ken "Rapid-Rider" a fellow Uralista is helping me install the USA map decal.
    [​IMG]

This is a large decal and takes some time to install so it isn't wrinkled or full of air bubbles. Here the decal is in place, I have put in place the Great Lakes stickers and the sticker for Washington State, I will add the other States as I travel through them.
    [​IMG]

Thanking Sergey for all the work he has done to prepare the new rig for its long summer sojourn.
    [​IMG]

In another post concerning this trip I was whining about my POS computer and the troubles I was having getting stuff to print and my inability to get the lap top to send and receive email. Fellow Uralista Steve, today came to my rescue, while I was doing some welding on the crash bar of his rig and reinforcing his left side foot peg he got my POS to actually work and got my lap top configured to send and receive email as well as net-work with the POS. THANK YOU Steve. :deal :clap :clap :clap

Here Steve performs his magic on the POS.
    [​IMG]

Here he is working on the lap top.
    [​IMG]

Now I have functional POS and a lap top that will serve me while on the road, oh yeah I am ready now.

Tomorrow my wife returns from a short vacation in Las Vegas where she spent a week with her Mom, tomorrow is my wifes Birthday, I don't know what I am going to do but I had better think of something as I'll be gone all summer, then again that is perhaps the best gift I will ever give her being rid of my sorry arse for a while.:lol3

Tomorrow I will take the modified crash-bar off of my rig and install it on the new rig, I will also swap shifters as mine is easier to use. I spoke to Jim who owns "Raceway" the Ural shop in Salem Oregon and talked him into supplying and installing one of his GREAT Two Wheel Drive-Reverse Shifters, on the new rig. I have one of these shifters on my rig and love it, it makes shifting into and out of TWD on the fly so much easier, the separate reverse shifter also works very well, I HIGHLY recommend this product. I'll update this thread as new information or stuff happens, I only have three days left to finish my preparations, I best get off the pot and on the run.
  17. Bonnie & Clyde

Bonnie & Clyde Wishing I was riding RTW

Oddometer:
    Hey we will miss you at Triquestcycles I have to work.

We are riding our new Arctic Camo Gear Up to the Shelton Valley rally. So maybe we will wave at each other as we pass on the high way. We leave on the 25th and start heading up. Should be in Washington on the 27th. Hope all goes well.

Good luck on the trip and drop us a line if you need anything. Bed,food,tools and space to work. We are in Napa CA.
  18. Mr. Cob

Oddometer:
    Howdy Cory,

I will be leaving IMWA on Friday June 27th by 11:AM and headed toward Lake Oswego, Oregon where I will be hosted by Inmate "Radioman" that evening.

I will be participating in a small event held at "Raceway" the Ural shop in Salem Oregon on Saturday June 28th, if your plans will allow you to stop at the shop on Saturday I sure would like to meet you. If this isn't possible have a safe and enjoyable journey, someday our trails will cross. Happy Ural-a-ling. :deal
  19. Mr. Cob

Oddometer:
    Howdy Rapid Rider,

Hey Ken, thanks for giving me a ride down to IMWA today and for helping me put the large decal on the nose of the hack.:clap

Can you look in your truck and see if I left my riding gloves in it, I can't find'em, I think I left them in the back of the seat. I'll be going up to Mt. Vernon tomorrow for my Vets group meeting, if I left them in your truck and your home I could pick them up tomorrow, or we could meet and do lunch. :ear
  20. rapidrider

rapidrider rapidrider

Oddometer:
    I will post some additional photos later.

So for now...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eRH0_Jlg15M&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eRH0_Jlg15M&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>