SA Adv Riders

Discussion in 'Australia' started by BigM, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Fipsy

Fipsy form. gonescratchin

Oddometer:
    Here's where Craig (OzJuJu) came off(it's about 2.2km from the Blinman Rd Junction).......

[​IMG]
  2. TerryK

TerryK Ulysses

Oddometer:
    Tim there's a dirt road near Williamstown the same, looks like the road connects up to the next section you can see but when you come over the rise it turns... I almost got caught 3 times & on the 4th broke my leg.

It took the injury to enbed it into my brain..DOH

Cheers Terry
  3. PBee

PBee ...---...

Oddometer:
    I always get caught on 3 chain road just south of Cambrai heading south, there's a R/H Crest off camber just after a road off to the left.

[​IMG]

I was following Sol on our last ride at a brisk pace & I kept thinking,
    "I'm not gunna get caught out this time, I'm really gunna concentrate I know exactly where it is"
    & then boof the fucker got me again...:lol3

Not a lot, but just enough to have a loose bike for a second...:doh
  4. senfiddy

senfiddy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yep, saw a young guy break his collarbone on that tree. If whoever is responsible for road signs replaced the missing 'intersection' sign, that bend wouldn't cause such worry.
  5. OzJuJu

OzJuJu Team Barracuda

Oddometer:
    Acording to my GPS the actual site is about 3k's north of this bend. I was doing 44k/h leading up to the bend and slowing down. The damage to me and the bike is ridiculus considering the relatively low speed, gentle corner and road conditions. I am putting it down to a few things I did wrong, 1. way to cautious with regard to keeping left on the crest, 2. Too relaxed and I should have been standing up ( I think I was acutally singing a Hunters and Collectors song just as I hit the crest), 3. Too much front brake once I realised I had know where to go I locked up and released, by that time it was waaay too late to try and turn the fully loaded bike. 4. I picked a beautiful line through the trees, but tunnel vision made me miss the bloody big rock half buried in the dirt. 5. The Touarance tyres are ok while you are travelling along a nice flat dirt track but don't try any emergency braking techniques :eek1 6. My inexperience, hell I have only be riding motorcycles for a year.
  6. Aussie Trev

Aussie Trev aka DRTrev

Oddometer:
    See, I find it advantageous to keep an eye on the treeline myself, sometimes very closely:lol3
  7. Fipsy

Fipsy form. gonescratchin

Oddometer:
    Quick preview of Day 2 up the Flinders. Brachina, Bunyeroo then Glass Gorges.
    (HD option is available)

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oYiHiZWBkpI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  8. baldtire

baldtire Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  9. KIZ

KIZ Marty

Oddometer:
    +1:clap:clap
  10. DR Ozzy

DR Ozzy Suzuki scum

Oddometer:
    How'd your trip go? :ear
  11. Backonthebike

Backonthebike Giddy up

Oddometer:
    As best as I can guess from Google Maps, I reckon it is at S 31.443 E 138.637.
    I'm not technolgically advanced enought to copy and paste satellite images. Sorry.
    The next time I'm there I will ping it on a GPS and report back.
    I'll also take a red painted lid from a paint can, a roofing nail and a hammer and nail it to a tree.
    The corner is certainly in the vicinity of OzJuJu's off; I would think within a Kay or so.
  12. craig hudson

craig hudson Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello Everyone
    Is the bike a statuory or repairable write off? That will decide against insurance companies descisions on its fate I had a 08 KLR that didnt look too badly damaged but at $4500 the nisurance co wrote it off that however was with comprehensive insurance
    Regards Craig Hudson
  13. Sol Erzenberg

Sol Erzenberg Lost somewhere

Oddometer:
    Sorry mate, I should have warned you about that nasty off camber corner, I often forget about it & hit it too fast & need to quickly stand up on the pegs & drift the bike quite a bit to get around it ok..:ricky

Thats because 'they' are too busy putting up & maintaining their 'No Motorbikes' signs on the sides of the road..:baldy
  14. klx_dude

klx_dude Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  15. DR Ozzy

DR Ozzy Suzuki scum

Oddometer:
  16. PBee

PBee ...---...

Oddometer:
  17. Aussie Trev

Aussie Trev aka DRTrev

Oddometer:
    Dropped the Tenere off ay Hoey's this morning. He's thinking about coming to the Classic and might give some advice on suspension settings etc. Looks like he's got some room for jobs at the moment, he's gonna turn mine around by the weekend. :clap
  18. Phil_Fong

Phil_Fong Over Regulated

Oddometer:

will that be the Brown Brothers & Tasmanian Camembert setting, sir ?

:ear
  19. Desert Matt

Desert Matt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just got home from a great day on the bike. 6 hours and 350 km. Loop started with Taylor's run, fuel at Kapunda then over to moculta, down the pipeline, back up sedan hill, then through the Barossa ranges down cookes hill to Palmer, then back up through mt pleasant to williamstown for lunch.

After lunch a bit of black top fun out to cudlee creek and back to one tree hill before going to the Barossa goldfields, allendale road then to trial hill and some more Barossa ranges roads to end up in angaston, then black top back to one more Taylor's run ride to end up here.

Top day. I need to find a midweek riding buddy I think. This is too good not to share. [​IMG][​IMG]
  20. arborsmarty

arborsmarty WFO

Oddometer:
    I was working today on Calton Road in Gawler. I hear a motorcycle start up inside the neighboring garage and either crash into the back wall or fall over. A lot of swearing commenced then I saw this helmet come flying out of the door, land at the end of the driveway, break off the shield and roll all the way across the road. The bloke came out of the garage and dribbled his helmet like a soccer ball for 40 metres back to his shed...lmao[​IMG]

Sent from my Crapple CryPhone using Craptalk