BMW G650X Challenge Thread Index

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by GB, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Yukon Ho!

Yukon Ho! It's a big world!

Oddometer:
    Instead of fuses get a PDM. It has eight circuits, 5A-15A each. Three of them automatically shut off three minutes after you shut off the ignition, four are always on, fifth is custom switchable. Instead of blowing a fuse, it opens the circuit until you solve the issue -- no fuses! I put mine under the seat. Love it! Hate fuses!
    http://www.rowe-electronics.com/modules
    Aerostich sells them too, so does RocketMoto (dot com) -- good people.
  2. Boughton

Boughton Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm looking for the taillight power source to install my switched power source and I noticed this plug thats not being used. Anyone know what this is for?
  3. macadamia

macadamia XK Red 27 Technique Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I cannot see your image but if I remember correctly, it is the plug for the charcoal canister for emission control.
  4. Crisd

Crisd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Gentlemen, I have a question concerning the differences between the ecu's used over the years on the G650X. Basically is there any difference at all over the years and if not, does any one know why the Power Commander V list only the 2009? If there is some difference, does anyone know what it is and can I plug a 2009 ECU onto a 2007?
  5. aprilian

aprilian Can I change this?

Oddometer:
    That has been covered in great detail in http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=654767
    Short answer, if you don't want to read the whole thread - it works, no diff on ECUs.
  6. jonnyc21

jonnyc21 Trials Ninja

Oddometer:
    I seem to recall the other option was the Booster Plug... though I don't know if its better or not, but price and what I remember of the reviews here on ADVRider make it sound appealing.

http://www.boosterplug.com/shop/bmw-single-cylinder-20c1.html
  7. benjero

benjero Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry to revive an old post, but I'm looking for some help on a similar topic.

I'm having an issue where the connection on the Thermostat housing keep leaking and spraying coolant. Anybody have an idea how this might be solved?

In this picture, it's the part right above the number 4.
    [​IMG]

Thank you much. If i can't fix it myself, I'll have to pay $$$ to have it towed to the dealership... :-/

8. tbarstow

tbarstow Two-wheelin' Fool Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    What is leaking? The hose connection or the plastic housing?
  9. benjero

benjero Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The plastic housing, unfortunately. A leaky hose would be an easy fix...

10. benjero

benjero Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The plastic housing doesn't seem to sit completely flush with the reservoir it's attached to. Not sure if this is correct, but it's as far as it goes in, and it stays attached when I slide in the metal pin to lock it. Could somebody take a look/picture at theirs for comparison please?

[​IMG]

11. jjmead1

jjmead1 now THAT"S a bike!

Oddometer:
    I had a plastic leak on my radiator fromt he bike taking too many "naps". The only solution I could come up with was molding JB weld over the crack several times and forming it to the shape I needed. Took about three days of "molding" and curing but it has never leaked again, even with the bike taking several dirt naps to test my mold job.

Not the same area as yours but just an out of the box way of fixing a total PITA leak/crack.
  12. LangKat

LangKat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone else ever try to remove their seat and find it stuck? Seems like the latching mechanism is broken.

Any idea how to get there with the seat stuck on?
  13. slide

slide A nation with a future

Oddometer:
    Bad one. Have you tried undoing the latch while pressing down on the rear of the saddle? It may just be a bit stuck.
  14. tbarstow

tbarstow Two-wheelin' Fool Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    You can always take the inner rear fender off and get to parts of the mechanism that way.
  15. LangKat

LangKat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I tried pushing the saddle while turning the key. As well as wiggling, hitting, prying with a screwdriver and angry shouts. Nothing worked.

Will try removing the inner rear fender tomorrow. It was too dark here already to try earlier.
  16. jjmead1

jjmead1 now THAT"S a bike!

Oddometer:
    Removed my fender area and cut it out so I would never have the issue again. key does not work, but you just give the old bike a nice reach around and it'll unlock every time.....:lol3

No surprise to find a fair amount of dirt now shows up under the seat.
  17. mcgarrett

mcgarrett Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have a Hyperpro shock with oil reservoir mounted to a Touratech subframe? The local shop is having difficulty with the install, specifically with the oil reservoir not mounting onto the subframe. There's also an issue with the angle of the hose. Frustrating.
  18. MizzouRider

MizzouRider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Trying to decide if its worth it to put the progressive springs in the front shocks..
    Any pro or con opinions would be welcome, and who makes them? HyperPro? I think TT sells the HyperPro also. Any others?
    Anyone have a set they want to git rid if, if you gave up and replaced the front forks?
    Thanks
  19. mtncrawler

mtncrawler Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

PM on the way..
  20. pampaX

pampaX Been here awhile

Oddometer: