Beemer Buddies handgrip covers group buy for BMW bikes (from Cure for Skinny Grips)

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by adkjack, Oct 14, 2011.

1. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bob J-

Got it. I will get them right out to you.

Best,

Dave R.
  2. Effervescent

Effervescent Sexiest ADVrider '20

Oddometer:
    Just grabbed mine!
  3. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:
    I haven't paid attention to this thread as I have the originals on both my street bikes.....just did 430 miles on the HP2 with the buddies installed..............so........what is the difference between the originals and the Shark Skins??
    Do I need to order another pair???

Cheers
  4. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Droptarotter-

Main difference between the originals and the SUPER SHARKS is in the formulation of the rubber compound for the neoprene. The new SS's utilize more pure rubber (from trees), and it is a denser, more robust foam than the originals. Result is better UV resistance, and a more durable (long lasting) product. Both items are identical in thickness and looks and feel, and both have the same properties with regard to ease of installation, heated grip compatibility, weatherproofness, vibration reduction, better feeling of control over your motorcycle etc.

I would say that if the current ones are doing the trick for you, that there is no reason to upgrade. On the other hand, when you are ready for a new set, you can look forward to these new grips as being just a better version of the same thing.

Hope this answers your question.

Best,

Dave R.
  5. trc.rhubarb

trc.rhubarb ZoomSplat!

Oddometer:
    any plans for a doublethick model? I'm guessing not but a silver dollar roll sized grip is ideal for me... not this roll of quarters stuff BMW came up with.
  6. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
    have you tried them yet? They are more substantial than the stock BMW grips.
  7. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dave;
    Thanks for the explanation........I think I will just let mine wear out........if that ever happens, then I will upgrade.
    I'm still smiling in regards to my purchase!

Cheers
  8. trc.rhubarb

trc.rhubarb ZoomSplat!

Oddometer:
    Yep got about 8k miles on em and they are great but double-thick would be greater! :D
  9. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    trc.rhubarb-

Before you decide you want your OGB's double thick, please try the SUPER SHARKSKINS. I think you will find that the feeling that they give you will satisfy what you are looking for.

Dave R.
  10. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Droptarotter-

Glad to help you out whenever you are ready.

Dave R.
  11. soph9

Oddometer:
    Hi Dave we got your new Super Sharks....will review when we get some riding time in but here is a post with them on on our BLOG...more to come especially when I get my bike in 2 weeks.:wink:

If you want to read the entire post go here

http://advgrrls.com/2012/10/03/customizing-cheryls-f800gs/

Recycled some old farkles from our BMW 650′s to the new 2013 F800GS…Cheryl’s bike is taking form…waiting still for hand guards from Barkbusters, getting Rox Risers Low pro for both bikes….they are on order…and still wondering which crash bars we will both get. TBD…researching the new and improved bars coming out for the new fairing. Jesse Luggage mounts went on just fine and we are both glad to be able to keep the luggage that we started all this ADV riding stuff with.

Still have to install the permanent Gerbings temperature controller….

[​IMG]Super Shark GRIP BUDDIES

First up, the new Super Shark Grip Buddies sent to us by Dave in NY who wants us to test and review. We all ready LOVE these little covers since we had them on our 650′s. Even though Cheryl’s bike is brand new we got used to having thicker grips with padding and Dave was so kind to send us his latest version. Leslie felt the OEM grips to be too skinny and hard compared to these.

[​IMG]

So? Why wait until the grips wear out…we put them on today and will review them over the next few weeks as we get into colder weather. One thing they are thicker and I am curious to see how they do with our heated gloves on.

Also, since the K60′s tires are so new the vibration in the front end is a bit more than we are used too. I have a feeling once we get the hand guards with weighted ends and the new grip covers the vibration as the tires break in will get better.

[​IMG]
    Dave sends you great instructions, although they take all but 5 mins to put on and a lollipop! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you are interested in these inexpensive way to cover your grips….tell Dave we sent you! GRIP BUDDIES!
  12. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Soph-

Great Blog, Great Pics! You guys never cease to amaze me. I bet Cheryl loves her new bike. Let me know how the grips feel when you get your new bike next week. What I want to know is how did Cheryl get hers first?

Talk soon,

Rep
  13. soph9

Oddometer:
    Cheryl always gets her bike first....just luck?:D
  14. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    soph9-

OK. . . . . . it's been long enough. . . . . . . . . . you should have picked up your new bike by now, Leslie. . . . . . . . . . .what gives?

Dave R.
  15. soph9

Oddometer:
    nope...pick up tomorrow morning in the pouring rain!:D
  16. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    soph9-

Remember Leslie, it didn't happen if we don't get to see pics. And BTW, make sure the pics include a shot of my SS's on your grips.
    (I'm not too demanding!!). AIGF.

Best,

Dave R.
  17. soph9

Oddometer:
    no formal review yet but here are some pictures. I think I need to pull the throttle side grip over a bit. Not sure what happened there.:norton

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see the grips here too

[​IMG]

Once I get some riding in...like Wednesday I am riding down to Seattle..I will do a proper write up! THANKS Dave!
  18. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice Pics, Leslie. All you have to do is re-stretch one of them so it fits straight. . . . . . .no great shakes! Let us know what you think of the new SS's.

Best,

Dave R.
  19. soph9

Oddometer:
    I can let you know now...did 550 KM the other day on the new bike...I also rode Cheryl's without your SS grips. Now that I am used to the extra thickness I really can't live without them. No joke. Takes time to adjust for my little hands but they help with the vibration of the K60 tires we have on the bike, especially the front end.

The heated grips take a bit to get through but it does plus we do not have hand guards yet on the bikes so I know when we do the heated grips will work better.

In the end, we have brand new bikes and installed these right away. WHY? Because they feel better than the OEM thin BMW grips. They are comfy and I did not suffer any hand fatigue even in traffic. So, Dave we thank you for the your ingenuity and GREAT customer service!!!!!!!!!!

Leslie & Cheryl

aka advgrrls.com:D

PS...I stretched them and they are all GOOD!
  20. Thaistick

Thaistick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll take a set to check them out. Let me know how to proceed.

Cheers, TS