Wanted: Routes/Maps for Slovenia Croatia Bosnia & Herzegovina Montenegro Albania

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Europe, Africa, & Middle East' started by sixtring74, Nov 10, 2012.

1. sixtring74

sixtring74 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi guys,

Just wondered if anybody has routes they can recommend on and but more off road motorcycle travel through any of the below:

Slovenia
    Croatia
    Bosnia & Herzegovina
    Montenegro
    Albania

It would be amazing if anybody has links to maps and GPX files etc to help us plan. If so please fee free to email me the route to rob@tallylight.tv

We're leaving very early in the season (Mid March) which isn't ideal so any advice or places to avoid would be great.

Thanks Again.
  2. Roeligan

Roeligan Belgium power!!!

Oddometer:
    For Albania, this is a very nice begin:
    http://advrider.cz/albania-offroad-guide.php

B&H: ask locals, can imagine that minefields are still an issue (saw some signs when crossing it to Albania 3 years ago).

Slovenia: Many smaller roads are pure gravel (from what I remember from 2009).
  3. sixtring74

sixtring74 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just bought the book.
  4. STOP

STOP Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You will need a lot of luck for drivning in march (snow, winds, rain).
    The most beautifull parts are in higher altitudes and snow in march
    on higher altitudes is normal.

But, if you have luck, you will have a great ride :lol3 :clap

Inbox :norton
  5. motorang

motorang Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's a bit East of your route but you are welcome for an overnight stay and/or warm-up in Graz.

For Slowenia routes, take care that you are not on a gravel road inside any national park, they DO fine you even if there are no signs ...

The Philip weber book is nice, and his routes were very helpful in Albania! You may think he is exaggerating about the friendlyness of Albanian people but no he isn't

In case of wintery conditions you could go Greece - more South and lots of gravel there.

Andy
  6. francs

francs Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mid March??
    Forget it. You can only do coast roads.
    I probably can provide some GPX files for Montenegro but they are doable in second part of june or later.
  7. sixtring74

sixtring74 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your advice guys. We're trying to map a route through all the above countries. Can you advise on routes and places to stay. Feel free to email me or Brian directly with the email below.

rob@aimforthehorizon.com
  8. BigTrack

BigTrack n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi, heading that way myself this year and wondered how you got on and any tracks / tips you might have.

Thanks
  9. sixtring74

sixtring74 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  10. STOP

STOP Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I do not know is this considered as spam or something like that :D but if someone needs gps tracks of Croatia and Bosnia or has some interesting tracks to share, check out www.adv-tracks.com/welcome.html If i am breaking some rules i am sorry :norton
  11. christianv6

christianv6 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello everybody,
    this post is a few years old, but nevertheless hopefully someone of you can support me.
    This year in may / june I am planning to do a trip from (Romania,) Bulgaria,
    perhaps Greece, Mazedonia, Albania, Montenegro, Bosnia, Croatia and then back to switzerland on my Husaberg 390. So this will be a quiet interesting ride and I just started to do the rough planning.
    I would be happy if someone could support me with some tracks, hints or other kind on information.
    Many thanks in advance
  12. RedBallRun

RedBallRun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A bit late @christianv6 , but drop me a pm if you still need route help - the Trans Euro Trail does exactly what you want and while it won't go live til mid-June, I can share some of it for you to recce