XR650R Thread!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by JustinT, Nov 24, 2008.

1. spoolie

spoolie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was wondering the same thing, what type of work are we talking about? has anyone found a straight guide to a install and the best place to order or buy the whole kit?
  2. badcooky

badcooky I see dumb people!

Oddometer:
    I can only speak for the TM40 personally.
    It's available from Sudco as a kit,maybe the FCR is as well.
    I know the FCR needs some tank bashing though.
    A few of the lads on TT have done it.
  3. Irnworker433

Irnworker433 XR650RRRRRRRR

Oddometer:
    Soo, after just getting my very own BRP recently I purchased the Clarke 4.3.
    Short of tipping my bike over to allow fuel over to the petcock side, can I simply add another petcock to other side of tank so I can use all the fuel possible? Its kind of annoying not being able to max out fuel capacity. Is there a kit available to do so?? Thanks Chaps.

Darrin Morgan
  4. badcooky

Oddometer:
    I think there is a joiner system for sale somewhere.
  5. Walnutwhip

Walnutwhip Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Some great information i was always wondering why the tard crew were using the xr400 cdi... will make a great addition to the performance related mods:wink:

The standard tank is a bitch to reshape due to the plastic used?

Have the 4.3 Clarke fitted myself and as mentioned is an absolute pain with the fuel left on the one side, just cant remember a kit available...

ie dual taps sure your not thinking of the Acerbis big tank?

It would be nice to have a link to the definitive installation of the tm40 and fcr41 buying a kit over here in the Uk is just too expensive and would prefer to go the Diy route to keep costs down anyone making adaptors and suitable cables??

Just love the Brp loads of stuff to do if you feel you want to improve it just that bit more!:wink:
  6. GISkev

GISkev wwfsmd?

Oddometer:
    I guess i wasn't familiar with the "don't work on a cold bike" concept, and taking my front wheel off last night one of the 4 axle holder studs SNAPPED right off... :eek1ugh... They look like the studs are actually part of the fork. :huh

There's a foot of snow here, so at least i'm only wrecking my bike, not my whole weekend.

WTF 2 Do Now???
  7. JustinT

JustinT I will ride my whole life

Oddometer:
    THey are studs that screw into the fork...they are not part of the fork. (unless they changed them from my 2000)

If your good at EZ-outs then that will be a final option but to help your self out I'd warm it up and let it soak in penetrating oil. I wish I could give your some tricks but I had a problem keeping mine tight so my issue was the opposite.
  8. GISkev

GISkev wwfsmd?

Oddometer:
    Let the soaking begin!:clap
  9. DOSCERVASAS

DOSCERVASAS neck

Oddometer:
    there are a bunch of tards around here (Keller, TX), does anyone know where I can get some Jets for this FCR
  10. spoolie

spoolie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So what do you guys think is it worth the $$$$ to go with the fcr41 or the TM40?
  11. DOSCERVASAS

DOSCERVASAS neck

Oddometer:
    I don't even have mine tuned right, and I can already tell the bike is going to rip.

I got mine for $250 used, I think there is a guy on the board that has another if you are interested.
  12. JustinT

Oddometer:
    I'd say depends on the deal you get...I've heard great success for both! If paying Full price I'd get the TM40 because the >$700 for the FCR XR650R kit is too expensive but for $250 you can't go wrong with either one!
  13. JustinT

Oddometer:
    Also if there are any MX shops the FCR uses similar jets in multiple size carbs and common on MX bikes as well...My shop had a variety and sold me mine from what they use to tune the race bikes.
  14. DOSCERVASAS

DOSCERVASAS neck

Oddometer:
    Ya'll are not going to believe this.

Other than needing monkey fingers to get to the choke, the install on the FCR41 went way easy.

I stuck that thing in (tuned for a Husky 450) and the third kick it fired up, cool I thought to my self. I let the pig warm up, and took it down the street, my neighbors love that part, waiting for the bog, stall, back fire, but nothing. This thing is as close to perfect, as I have ever got, on the first try. Tuned for a husky 450, get this stock husky needle on 2nd clip, 40 pilot, 185 main.

Oh, the stock tank will need some modifing, and I no the 6.3 gal will cause me to say bad things.
  15. badcooky

Oddometer:
    I told ya they all jet really similar.
    Good to hear you had a win Dosco.
  16. spoolie

spoolie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So I will take either if I can get a good deal on one, but my new bike is coming with the 4.3 clark tank, which I would like to switch out and buy the 6.3, is it pretty much just bolt up and mod the tank or do I need a new set of cables? and I guess the ? goes for both the TM40 and FCR41.
  17. JustinT

Oddometer:
    I know this will bring up more questions but it all depends on the donor bike if its a used carb, some have had to make adapters from the airbox to the carb or from the carb to the head and you'll just have to try the cables...Sorry its not more cut and dry. But with the results of the Husky 450 working maybe we can get a list started of bikes which are direct replacement? (or no adapters to make work):
  18. spoolie

spoolie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah I will read one article saying it is really hard to install and then you read a completely different experience. I would love to know what model bike, wheather it is a husky, crf, etc. that way we can find the "easiest" bolt up. Thanks
  19. GISkev

GISkev wwfsmd?

Oddometer:
    Any tricks to removing rear bearings, like using a carrot or a garden shovel instead of special tools?:ear
  20. bump

bump COLOR ME GONE

Oddometer:
    Was searchin for a turn down exhaust tip to reduce the noise maker and found this thread.
    2002 BRP full Team Honda setup. Plus a few other things like BD estart, Renazco seat, and a few parts out of the works box at PC.
    I welcome me!