How about that Peyton Manning fellow?

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by doc_ricketts, Sep 10, 2012.

1. doc_ricketts

doc_ricketts Thumper jockey

Oddometer:
    And how big was the grin on Elway's face? And what about that other guy, Tebow?
  2. TinkerinWstuff

TinkerinWstuff Take it apart

Oddometer:
    gonna just start right in with the Tebow bashing?
  3. mountain eagle

mountain eagle terrorist

Oddometer:
    Rather talk politics in the rockies....... at least that's relevant....

:deal
  4. doc_ricketts

Oddometer:
    No bashing, just an interesting football game and accolades to Peyton Manning for an old guy who played really well. I guess nobody watched the game. I certainly would have rather been out riding myself, but didn't happen for various reasons. So feel free to drop it, if you wish. I will just keep smiling at an 'old' injured guy doing real well for himself and getting paid the big bucks to do so. Now as far as politics I hear that all of the three are Republicans. Is that relevant?
  5. AtomicGeo

AtomicGeo a lo macho

Oddometer:
    wait till mid season when Manning will be out because of injury...
  6. TheDudeAbides

TheDudeAbides Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer:
    Manning had the highest QB rating for all games played through Sunday. Not a bad debut.
  7. JG77

JG77 I ride my own.

Oddometer:
    I love both Manning boys! I have been a Colts fan since Peyton began playing for them, and then became an Eli fan last year. Amazing family!
  8. doc_ricketts

Oddometer:
    Good for sports, they are. I always thought Peyton was somewhat overrated and mechanical compared to Eli when I watched him with the Colts, but for him to go no huddle and be precise as he was is pretty amazing. I researched his neck injury and it seems that it really should not be a problem for him. He has had the problem for several years with just a slightly increasing right arm numbmess. He may get hurt, but the Denver offensive line was great, and certainly their defense looked very outstanding. Of course my funnest football watching now involves RGIII.
  9. TNC

TNC Candyass Camper

Oddometer:
    Well, doc, I agree with you and thoroughly enjoyed the Denver game last night. I like pro football, and I think Manning did a most impressive job...especially impressive when you consider it's been a year since the guy played in a real game. You Colorado guys who like NFL should be pleased. That guy is basically a quarterback and an offensive coordinator coach as far as I'm concerned, so you get two for the price of one. He's fun to watch. And yes, Atomic, unfortunately injury may be a little more of a possibility for him, but on the other hand he's been one of those guys who's normally been able to avoid serious injury. Regardless, enjoy him while you have him. And my Cowboys didn't do too bad either.:lol3
  10. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    Peyton Manning? :dunno

What does he ride?
    Neverenuff likes this.
  11. TNC

TNC Candyass Camper

Oddometer:
    C'mon Jeff...we have to have something else to do while waiting for parts for our bikes. Not all of us are as wealthy as you and don't have a half dozen bikes to ride.:lol3

Speaking of waiting for parts, I'm putting a Mikuni 36mm pumper carb on the ol' KLX. Just waiting for the jet selection I ordered to get here. You'd better get a big bore kit for your KTM.

:hide
  12. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    Wealth?!?!?!? :rofl

How about better things to do on my Sundays? :evil
  13. doc_ricketts

Oddometer:
    I'll raise your lacerated spleen (Jason Witten) with a double vertebra fusion (Manning).:lol3
  14. TNC

TNC Candyass Camper

Oddometer:
    Ouch!...you know...it almost sounds like they were in some heinous dirt bike accidents. Must have been riding with enduo-ince.:lol3
  15. TNC

TNC Candyass Camper

Oddometer:
    Now wait a minute, Jeff. As I recall on the group May trip while camped out near Lockhart Basin south of Moab, the huddled masses were hugged up outside close to your 45' toy hauler trying to stay out of the blowing snow and wind while you and Paula were inside nice and cozy, eating filet mignon, caviar, and some fine wine from Sonoma, CA. We didn't even get any crumbs. I think Paula felt sorry for us, but I recall you yelling something out the window of your cozy lair like..."Let 'em eat cake!":lol3

OK...maybe it didn't occur quite that way, but it makes a much better story of oppression of the "little people". Hey...maybe I should be writing speeches for some of our currently campaigning politicians.:lol3
  16. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    Well, we did ask if you had any Grey Poupon.
  17. TinkerinWstuff

Oddometer:
    Hahahahaha

Wonder how that QB rating is today?
  18. Greco

Greco Braap!

Oddometer:
    Gotta give the defense credit. Ol' Peyton did his best to hand the game over in the first quarter and yet the defense held Atlanta and kept the Broncos in the game. Once Peyton got his bearings after being shell shocked, he darn near brought them all the way back.
  19. TinkerinWstuff

Oddometer:
    Both defenses were something else to watch
  20. PrairieRider

PrairieRider Gearing down for Hell

Oddometer:

Manning...I only tuned in long enough to see that the first few things out of his hands were interceptions. Glad he turned it around some.

Now Mr. TNC - every one who has ever camped with us knows that we would never consider offering food or drink or anything else... to anyone ever. :augie

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk