UK Made 9*0 SE and Adventurer Side Stand Relocaters.

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by charlie264, Aug 16, 2011.

?

Definite Committed Interest in this bracket?

1. 950 SE-R

2. 990, 950 ADV

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. charlie264

charlie264 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mounting the bike using the side stand, sitting on the bike with the side stand, it just shouldn't be done irrespective of bike. Two much force on a small area, the side stand pivot plate is 8mm steel and I bent mine all luggage up and weakened by an off. If you're not off roading and mounting your beast correctly and are gentle with the side stand I see no reason for any issues and a long and healthy partnership. But if you're pivoting the bike on the stand, breaking beads, general life and falling off you need to change tactic to protect your engine case.

A good solution in my opinion is Hairs mod or the original 950Rs, welded to the foot peg support area. Without welding all the other side stand modifications are compromises, including my own. For me, the ultimate scenario is damage limitation, I spent quite some time thinking about this, material, size and fixing points, also the location, having the side stand in the original location but not attached to the engine case still leaves it out of the way, with only the leg and foot exposed to an off/fall, unlike attaching it to the foot peg location. Also not too strong as to be eliminating all weak points and damaging the frame etc. My SE plate does as I intended it to do.

008-vert.jpg
  2. charlie264

charlie264 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Gefr your original point of not removing any webbing to me is still invalid when adding a side stand relocater; all the bust frames had their webbing intact. Looking at two photos from a 07 and 03 frame there is less material on the 07. Thanks for highlighting it, but I think it's still has more to do with the early frames geometry (flex) and material used.

Top 07.
    DSC00003-vert.jpg
  3. charlie264

charlie264 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Guys I am down to the last couple of Adv locaters with more promises than relocaters, sorry its going to be first come first served. If people are committed I will have some more made up, but its quite an expensive exercise and there is a minimum amount I can have made or the price would be at least double, four or five just isn't viable. If I receive more orders I will go ahead and have some more made, about 2 weeks turnaround.
  4. charlie264

charlie264 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Guys I am down to the last couple of Adv locaters with more promises than relocaters, sorry it’s going to be first come first served. If people are committed I will have some more made up, but it’s quite an expensive exercise and there is a minimum amount I can have made or the price would be at least double, four or five just isn't viable. If I receive more orders I will go ahead and have some more made, about 2 week’s turnaround.
  5. Martynho

Martynho No more Chilegringo.

Oddometer:
    Hi,

I am definitely interested in an ADV relocater. Just PM with me the cost and what the full kit comprises of and how we get you the coinage. I live in Chile so need a complete fit solution. Mates coming out end of Dec (for the Dakar :D) .they can fetch it over so UK delivery to Manchester area only needed.

Cheers - Martyn

P.S Not clear on your comments on sidestand mounting. I am a bit short of leg and ride a 990R. Loaded with luggage I dont have much of an option which is why I am looking for this kind of kit....is it going to survive? I do try and balance the bike up as I mount so I am not loading it up overly. Sorry.....

P.P.S. My name is Martyn.....I break beads. No option puncture here in Chile mean you are proper out in the wilds. Will it survive?

6. zedtours

zedtours Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Slight hijack of thread, sorry, but I have some auxiliary lighting brackets which I had made thinking there may be a demand earlier this year but sold only 2.They mount under headlight using the grill mounting points and has worked well on both my Adv's. The grill is left off but with 3 LEDs mounted it looks quite tidy and keeps the lamps out of harms way unlike the fork or fairing mounts.Any body interested? I can add some pics if necessary. Cost £25 + postage to UK
  7. charlie264

charlie264 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I will have some more made, it’s a bit of a dilemma for me. I.e. throwing a few hundred quid at it, the numbers on the poll do not reflect the numbers who have paid up....

Anyhow, mounting your bike using the side stand is more likely to bend the plate (9) (60103028000) that connects the side stand leg to the side stand block than bend the relocater, but I don’t recommend putting your full body weight and luggage on the side stand full stop. Trent and I have both bent this plate (9).

untitled.JPG
  8. Hobbes950

Hobbes950 Darth Kitten

Oddometer:
    Sorry if this is redundant, maybe I missed it, but how much for the plate for a 950 including shipping to the US? Maybe making it clear what is available and for what prices would bring the orders in. As far as I can tell, you only have plates for the SE and the price is a mystery.
  9. charlie264

charlie264 Long timer

Oddometer:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=731769
  10. Hobbes950

Hobbes950 Darth Kitten

Oddometer:
    Thanks! So $96.13 including shipping.
  11. Chuckracer

Chuckracer Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer:
  12. ACP

ACP Adventurer

Oddometer:
  13. charlie264

charlie264 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Update: Sorry for the delay, I got the new SE/Adv Side Stand plates back today; they are with the millers and then off to to be sand blasted and powder coated, been told they will be ready to go on Monday.
  14. charlie264

charlie264 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ive made a few modifications to the new Adv/SE relocaters; on the original design, the fixing holes were within 0.5 mm I wanted it to be 0.2mm but my tool maker engineer master said tolerance is tolerance, stick with 0.5mm to start with, now the plates have been fitted to numerous SE’s and Advs with good results and feedback Ive elected to revert back to a 0.2mm tolerance. Basically this means the plates sit tighter on the supporting bolts, I now know that the dimensions and KTMs accuracy is consistent and universal.

]Also the new Adv plates made from 8mm thick steel compared to 6mm, the SE plates are still 6mm, as on my own bike. Two reasons for this, the extra material removed from the plate to accommodate the Adv, BD, G-IT sump guards,its going to make the side stand relocater more ridged and stronger. And also to accommodate modifications guys have made for the early 03-04 frames, http://www.ktmforum.co.uk/adventure/91184-charlies-sidestand-relocater.html

KTM Forum UK. Is now comparable to KTMs 8mm side strand bracket plate, meaning a point of give is more even and equal.

Trying to keep an objective view, but I think this is the best solution available without welding to the frame. Im really happy with the results and outcome of these relocaters; it has taken an incredible amount of effort to get the measurements precise, we are talking a 10th of a mm here, thank you Mike and ACP.

If youre interested please http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=17359512#post17359512 click for more details.

DSC00003.JPG
  15. kayesport.com

kayesport.com Richard Kaye

Oddometer:
    I definitely recommend getting one of these to anybody

as we have now got a bike with a broken casing in the middle of Georgia the rider didn't even know he did the damage it bottomed out over a big stone just at the wrong place

the next thing he knew oil was leaking out everywhere when we stopped

its a big headache now I need to get the bike back to Italy back to base and rebuild the engine
  16. charlie264

charlie264 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry Guys, Ive made a mistake with the MK2 relocaters. The M10x70mm bolt that goes through the centre stand mounting point, the thread is about 6mm too long and may rub on the centre stands springs.

ACP just checked for me. So can you please check for yourselves, solution is to cut/file off the excess. I will get some M10x65mm bolts next week to rectify this for the new relocaters in the future and if you need another bolt please mail me and I’ll pop one in the post to you. If you have the one of the first relocaters, SE also please check.

Sorry for the cock up, but I thought the new plates could do with a longer bolt, when in actual fact the M10x65mm were fine in the firsrt place. I haven't got a centre stand on my bike so sorry I missed this.

bolt2.JPG
  17. braaap!

braaap! Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't sweat the extra 5mm bolt length Charlie, I installed my (your) kit and am very happy with the solution and shortening the bolt ain't no big deal.
    Love your work. :clap
  18. charlie264

charlie264 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cool, any pics?
  19. braaap!

braaap! Long timer

Oddometer:
    Um, yeah... Somewhere, will pop them up when I find my camera :1drink
  20. Bannisdale

Bannisdale Why are my legs so short!?

Oddometer:
    Fitted a couple of weeks back.

I use the BDCW skid plate and all fits fine.

No probs with stand after a fully loaded two up camping trip to West Scotland last week.

Thanks Charlie!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]