Raincoat is here!!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by themenz, Mar 13, 2008.

1. themenz

themenz Long timer

Oddometer:
    :D Well after 4 years in development, ADVRiders are hearing this first.

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wk8wrBR97ck&rel=0&border=1&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wk8wrBR97ck&rel=0&border=1&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

Raincoat Advanced Water Repellent Coating is on the market for US customers only.

Just what is Raincoat? I'm glad you asked.

Raincoat is a cream wax that you apply to your faceshield or windshield to cut down dramatically on the water drops that stick during a rain. Large drops just fall off your shield. Smaller drops bead up and blow off with the wind. Even mist is reduced in size and blows off more easily.

It works very well. Check out the video "before and after" demo on this Arai:

Raincoat Demonstration (Windows Media Player only)

It applies quick, goes on transparent, safe for all shields, and lasts for days if not weeks. Only costs $6 for the kit or about 40 cents per application.

More information can be found on my new website,
    Raincoat and Fogtech Website

So what good is reading all this without an ADVRider discount? When you check out of my store, just enter ADVRIDER in the coupon box for 20% off Raincoat (and Fogtech too.)

If you live outside the US, I am working on distribution as fast as I can. email me for more information gene (at) motosolutions (dot) com
  2. yellow

yellow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Been when waiting for 'the menz' to come out with the goods. Tried the trial, stuff. Worked great all winter, summer, spring, rain, slush, sleet.

great product
  3. Nanuq

Nanuq Aventurer by Trade

Oddometer:
    Point Hope, Sitka & Biorka Island- all in Alaska
    How much does this stuff cost?:D
  4. Rubber Cow

Rubber Cow GS Dork

Oddometer:
    This is an absolutely fantastic product. I've been involed in the testing of this product for several generations and I can honestly say that this products rocks!
    I had a chance to test it last Tuesday night in a moderate rain at night and was very pleased with the beading.
    The cost, as I recall, is reasonable and compares to many visor cleaning products.
  5. themenz

themenz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Five of those 2.5 gram pouches retail for $6. The ADVRIDER discount coupon makes it $4.80.

I claim that each pouch should be good for 3 applications. Truth is that a little goes a long way. You only need a very thin coat. So a pea sized chunk should cover a shield. That means each pouch could do 6 or more shields. One of those pouches will easily cover a large windshield.

After you open, squeeze the remaining product to the bottom and tightly fold the pouch to seal the opening. Use a paperclip to keep folded.

(I am working on a resealable and affordable pouch...not that easy! If you have seen anything on the market, please give me the product name and size.)
    rustytigwire likes this.
  6. Mr. Magoo

Mr. Magoo Long timer

Oddometer:
    How do you buy? I only see fogtech for sale on your site.
  7. themenz

themenz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry, it is not as clear as I would like it. On the left of the storefront are two lines, one for Raincoat and one for Fogtech. Click those lines to find the products.

Maybe I should just put them in on one page since I have so few products?
  8. wibby

wibby BrotherFromAnotherMother

Oddometer:
    This stuff lasts a very long time

I have a Nolan helmet that was coated over a year ago that still beads up very well if not just as good as the day I applied it

My Arai XD shield is pretty scratched up from riding offroad. After applying Raincoat a lot of the smaller scratches go away and the shield is much easier to see through.

I ride year round and often at night in the rain. Raincoat allows me to see clearer and ride much safer. It's amazing stuff :clap
  9. Mr. Magoo

Mr. Magoo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ordered.
  10. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    Ordered.
  11. duc

duc Long timer

Oddometer:
    Even with these instructions I had a hard time finding the product. I actually had to resort to the upper left hand corner selection for "Product List" to get to it.

Fortunately I'm as stubborn as dense, because I found it and placed an order. :freaky

I like the immediate confirmation and the followup immediate confirmation that the purchase was processed through the credit card. Smooth operation.
  12. themenz

themenz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the compliments and I am changing the products as we speak. Even hard for me to find, tho my shopping basket recommends different categories for different products. I think with more stuff categories make sense. Two products? Nyah!
  13. DiscoDino

DiscoDino Long timer

Oddometer:
    So can I use raincoat on the outside and fogtech on the inside of the visor to get the best of both worlds?
  14. themenz

themenz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Exactly. I was going to use the term In N Out, but someone else beat me to it.

It does not help to apply Raincoat and then put Fogtech over it. Put Raincoat where you get water. Actually you can put it on the whole helmet. Keeps it cleaner and water just runs off.
  15. DiscoDino

DiscoDino Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sweet - ordered (even before your answer)

Can i use them on my car/eye-glasses :)?
  16. themenz

themenz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, as long as you have plastic lenses. Raincoat will not work on glass. Great for bicyclist goggles too.
  17. SNicky

SNicky Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ordered......

I'm very excited about this! I have had a lot of problems with mist and light rain on my morning comute.

:clap
  18. duc

duc Long timer

Oddometer:
    To quote Christopher Walken on the Census clip from SNL - "Questions"

So mine is this; does it have any negative impact on polarized coatings on plastic lenses?

Thanks for all the prompt responses.
  19. themenz

themenz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Interesting question and I can't answer it. I am pretty sure Raincoat will work fine but....I honestly have not tried polarized plastic lenses yet.

I will go out today and buy some plastic polarized sunglasses and give you a report. I need new sunglasses anyway. Now I can write them off as research!:D

If you're willing, I could send you a pouch and you can try at no cost. Send your shipping address to gene (at) motosolutions (dot) com
  20. duc

duc Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am using a relatively pricey set of specs (Native's), so I wouldn't want to experiment on them.

I already have a decent order in, so I'll stick to using it on my helmet until I hear if it's cool on polarized lenses.

Thanks agian.