Twin Cities Area Campfire BS Thread

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Daggy, Sep 28, 2008.

1. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    That is a smart move.
  2. *Gravy*

*Gravy* Jedi Loser

Oddometer:
    Other than the egregious spelling errors this is a very wise post. :D

If I weren't so dang lazy I'd provide links.

Edit:
    Here you go; Ned's thread
  3. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    Tyre.
  4. safetybob

safetybob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    WOW,
    I have been gone for a few days and it will take me a while to catch up. :rofl

(sorry no time to spell check and the work computer will not let me download the checker)

Scott,
    What prop said is good. What I did and still am doing, FIRST, find something anything that works for you. I was morbidly obease and then some. So I kind of went at it from all angles. I am not necessearly saying this is a good aproach for everyone.

Workout 5 times a week, now this meant for me int he begining, walk on the treadmill for 15 minutes setting goals to up the time and incline watching the calories burned, not exact but it was at least an idea and a goal to push myself further etc. it was slow ever few days (5-7) I owuld up the precentage either time or speed by 5-10% until I was actually able to fit on the bicycle trainer again and did the same function using spinervalls DVD's, and swam using the same thing, time distance up the anti every week or so. That is pretty much all I did for workouts. I would recomend getting a heart rate monitor you can get a cheap one, your not doing surgery jsut to give you an idea of how hard your heart is working. Take you age minus 220 and that is your max, take 95% and that is zone 5, 90% of that orginal number and that is zone 4, take 80% of that orginal number and that is zone 3, take 70% of the orginal number and that is zone 2. You will want to focus on zone two. THis will feel strange like your not working out. If you hit the zone 3 reduce your speed or incline or slow down in the bike swim etc. Stay in zone 2 for at least 2 months, jsut go longer not harder, you are building a base, at the end of the second month start adding a few "speed" workouts in zone 3,4,5. but only like 25%.

No as for food. Again I was in bad shape and needed to really focus on yes dieting. not fun, but it gets better, the basics, a vitamin any multi will do, can't hurt. 8-10 10 oz glasses of water throughtout the day, breakfast one egg one piece of fruit, and one piece of diet bread and some green pepper or any green vegie cut up in the egg and 8 ox of skim milk, lunch one vegie (green) no carbs like corn grain type vegies no, meat 4-6 oz of fish or chicken / turkey breastanother piece of fruit, an a starch ak mak crakcer or diet bread, dinner, same as lunch but double up on the vegie, 3 x a week you can do beef. and each day a high protien snack bar any will do. in cooking use morten light salt 1/4 to 1/2 table spoon and 1/2 to 3/4 olive oil every day.

I found I make 7-12 meals up on Sunday's put them in conatiners some go int he fridge and some int he freezor. I grab one on the way out int he am, the cooking egg takes as long as a pice of toast takes to cook 1 -2 min and breakfast is done. DO NOT SKIP BREAKFAST, it starts your metabolism.

No soda no beer, no wine, nothing else. Yes it kinda sucks, once every two weeks I would give myself a free meal no guilt eat what ever I wanted, and it was a lot and desert and what ever else, but only once every 2 weeks. 12 months later I am in much better condition, I still have a way to go the last 6 weks I have slacked but not gained jsut have not focused. actually started back up a few days ago.

Good luck in what ever you decide. it really is not about hte perfect plan its about the consistancy fo the overall making the right choices, non processed real foods helps, not saying you have to do organic, but nothign out of a box basically.

Again good luck.:freaky

5. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:

:cry

My main downfalls right there.

And the Delta Diner, obviously. :D
  6. safetybob

safetybob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had them on the BMW worked well but you could hear me coming. NEver got pulled over, but i was told I would get a ticket. But never did......:rofl

7. FirstPath

FirstPath Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bob,
    Thanks for the reply. I'm fairly active with kung fu a few times a week and walking dogs everyday but I've noticed my size creeping up on me. I'll have to make the time to do some premade lunches as to avoid running across the street for something quick.

I also want to increase my cardio and Kung Fu hasn't been doing enough of that lately. I've done some Silat training as well which is pretty strenuous but I need to be careful on the knees. Jenny has an elliptical machine and jumping on that 2 or 3 times a week during the winter months when not at KF is definitely do-able.

No beer? No wine? :huh

I'll have treat myself once and awhile while stilling getting down to my 'fightin' weight'!

Scott in Shoreview
    '79 Suzuki GS550
  8. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:

[​IMG]

(Zombieland and all that).
  9. FirstPath

FirstPath Long timer

Oddometer:
    Prop... exactly! You just never know. That's also why I never go take poop!

Scott in Shoreview
    '79 Suzuki GS550
  10. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    :eek1

You never poop? I think I just figured out your weight gain problem.
  11. FirstPath

FirstPath Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah... don't really want to be on the bike when I regret that decision! :rofl

Scott in Shoreview
    '79 Suzuki GS550
  12. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    to bring you a news flash.

There is now a facepalm smiley.

:fpalm

This will be hugely beneficial to anyone replying to Grainbelch or Metallic Waste, or anyone else.

Carry on.
  13. Klay

Klay dreaming adventurer

Oddometer:

:fpalm :fpalm
  14. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    :fpalm :fpalm :fpalm

Hours of fun for the whole family.
  15. Metallic Waste

Metallic Waste Wearing the Cone Of Shame

Oddometer:
    Not as much as this one, :fyyff
    -K
  16. Spikehead

Spikehead Two-Bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer:
    :fpalm

17. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    Ah, a whole new era of ADV interwebz communications begins.

Splendid.
  18. Grainbelt

Grainbelt marginal adventurer

Oddometer:
    They are working to fix. : razor as well, which was always a favourite of mine.

Meanwhile, world junior hockey live streaming and waiting for my Ma to arrive for a little holiday celebration. :*sip*
  19. SSG B

SSG B Rounds complete

Oddometer:
    This morning's commute would have been way more fun on a Yamaha Raptor with a windshield and heated grips! Blasting down the shoulder at 70 MPH rather than 35 MPH in the slow lane!

Yes, I am one of the poor souls that is working this week :fpalm (wow that face palm is fun!)
  20. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 The only easy day was yesterday...

Oddometer: