Norra 2013

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Strong Bad, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Timmy your funny!!
    You guys just don't like change that's all it is
    I live in hour 45 minutes from Mexicali
    I could be down there every weekend pre-running the sections but what fun would that be what Challenge Would it be come time for the event
    It could be enforced by the races themselves
    My point being if pre running was not allowed cheaters would still Cheat
    And if it means that much to you to cheat Then you can Live with it
    I myself cannot understand why
    Timmy I hope you have a good business ride
    Hope to see you down there again soon

Well I'll just follow the road book and have a good time
  2. craftyboy

craftyboy Ed

Oddometer:
    Wow 70 posts in two days. Great for a baja noob like me to read and learn about how its done. Thanks Guys!! Love it. I look forward to the adventure. :D
  3. Anders Green

Anders Green NASA Rally Sport

Oddometer:
    Relax guys, it's gonna be fun. :-D

Anders
  4. GalacticGS

GalacticGS Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm looking forward to the fun - and the challenge!!

:ricky
  5. BAZZER450

BAZZER450 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ya ...guys you make it sound like a cluster fk .. I could really care less if you need a road book for 20 miles or if the guy next to me pre ran or not it really isnt going to change the taste of the cold Tecate's at the end of the day or the fact that you wont be at work for at least a week :freaky
  6. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority

Oddometer:
    There you go.........taking all of the fun out of waiting to race. If you can't talk smack and stir the pot before the race it wouldn't give you anything to gossip about while wrenching. :D
  7. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ditto on that
  8. az45

az45 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I probably don’t use enough smiley faces in my posts to grease up my opinion, but my only point is that since NORRA is a vintage event said to “Honor the past”.
    It seems the push to make it more rally is from the modern bike rider(s). I’m not worried about getting lost, as long as I don’t have to reset the GPS it wont be a big deal. I’m sure they will dumb it down for the <b>“Lazy car guys”</b>.

I say if the modern bike guys need more of a challenge, let them road book it. The vintage car guys are having enough fun already. Small, seemingly insignificant changes many times turn into big changes, which is why I will argue against it.

On a side note, I’m really looking forward to racing against the BFG Blazer in a re-match of the 1978 B1k. My car and the Blazer finished 1-2 OA with a 5-1/2 minute gap. Both cars have been restored to their original configuration, so it should pretty cool racing them again 35 years later.

Are there any vintage bikes being restored to race that actually raced in the 70’s or 80’s? I’d think there are some of LR’s, Hamel’s or Ashcraft’s old bikes around that would truly honor the past hero’s and 2 wheeled iron of Baja.

I have a 74 WR400 in the garage; all it needs is a roll chart, a jug of water and a 12 pack of Champion’s.
  9. Strong Bad

Oddometer:
    Not to sure about who will drive the Blazer when. Don Adams, Malcolm Smith, Cam Theriot and Kash Vessels will be the drivers. Don is almost too old to consider, Cam wants a throttle restrictor for Malcolm because the last time Malcolm drove Cam's class 1 car he rolled it, Cam won't go fast in that car (he all but said so), so that leaves Kash to drive it like it should be driven. Also the rebuild on the motor was a very mild "pump gas" build with only 425 hp.

The problem with the vintage bikes is that the young guys won't ride a bike that is that harsh and ill handling, and us old guys are not in good enough shape any longer to be able to hold on for that long.
  10. azcagiva

azcagiva new orange flavor

Oddometer:
    As the guy with 2/3rds of the vintage bike entries I have to say we have a little of old and older guys riding. Good shape or not were gonna give it a try. Oh and honzilla takes offense to the harsh and ill handling comment:lol3

-John
  11. az45

az45 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Cam told me the same thing, but there's no way you could get behind the wheel of that thing and "drive miss daisy". Kash will drive the shit out if it and the other guys are fast even when their slow. I run pump gas too an drive it like an old VW that has to run for a 1000 miles.

I remember Malcolm last year with a hand full of gears looking for a shorter 6th because it wouldn't pull. He's no spring chicken and should probably be wearing a cape, but he's not the only one out there could handle it.
  12. belz87

belz87 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Im with you.
  13. LC Garage

LC Garage On Any Sunday Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was a noob last year, it was fantastic, good fun and great people. Have an awsome adventure! :D
  14. DaveRMS

DaveRMS 404 Not Found

Oddometer:
  15. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    The balance of the Race Decals are shipping today!!:deal

Last call for Decals will be 4-10-13
    and I will bring them to mexico
  16. decafe

decafe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hope everyone has great time wasn't in cards this year. Im all ready building next years bike.
  17. Strong Bad

Oddometer:
    Speaking of vintage NORRA, I came across some of my old patches. Everyone used to sew these patches on their windbreakers back in the day. I've got a bunch more somewhere......

[​IMG]
  18. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    NICE !!!! . I also have the 1967 patch on my old
    MS Gold medal Riding Jacket !!!!
  19. johnson357

johnson357 Bad Monkey Racing

Oddometer:
    Long shake down ride with Rally Moto Kit and breaking in KTM today, Indiana style. Means best I can get in this god forsaken state is gravel roads and some trails.
    [​IMG]
  20. Mr Fast

Mr Fast Slowly striving

Oddometer:
    Quit foolin' around & move to Arizona! :lol3