HDB Hand Guards on 88 R100GS

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by shearboy2004, Aug 30, 2012.

1. shearboy2004

shearboy2004 KIWIINUSA Supporter

Oddometer:
    I know it's not a full on dirt bike but I crash a lot and know Paul from Highway Dirt Bikes so fitted these and am very pleased .

[​IMG]

I used a set of Rox Raisers to get the bar height up .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Box'a'bits

Box'a'bits In need of repair Supporter

Oddometer:
    Did you keep a track of the parts / part nos used. That would be useful to know.

Back when I had standard forks I wanted a set, but didn't feel confident ordering from here without knowing that they'd fit okay.
  3. One Less Harley

One Less Harley OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer:
    you just need the mirrors, they are the cat's meow for off road use!!
  4. shearboy2004

Oddometer:
    I have the mirrors on my other bikes and love them but the Beemer ones seem pretty good on this old girl.

Pauls parts are easy to work out , because I used a Rox raiser it means a small adjustment in top clamp fitting is easy , I used an 84mm top clamp , the rest is just his basic kit .
  5. chollo9

chollo9 Screwed the Pooch

Oddometer:
    Nice! What are the holes in your grips for? I've never seen that before.
  6. shearboy2004

Oddometer:
    I could say airflow or maybe something to do with heat extraction from heated grips but in fact they are some sort of cruiser grip and I guess its just bling . I have big hands and find the usual enduro grips a bit small , these are just about right for me .:lol3
  7. SPO

SPO Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've gotta say-HDB (Paul) is awesome and he made me a top clamp for my GS front end. I found a set of his handguards on Craigslist and snatched em up. Turns out they were missing a bunch of stuff, wouldn't work with my bars, I needed blinkers, blah blah blah. Paul was awesome and got everything out to me at the 11th hour so I could use his handguards on my CDR trip. They've been awesome and luckily, I haven't tested them yet.
    Anyway, can't say enough good things about Paul and his handguards. Simply great.
  8. Lomax

Lomax Nanu-Nanu Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks good Mark. I have my eye on a R100GS now and may have to do something like this. I wonder if Paul would do it twice ? :lol3

Marc