Usa Tor

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by RC Pilot, May 3, 2010.

1. rbsride365

rbsride365 Hi-Viz

Oddometer:
    I will take him to any one of those 3 states from NEO in 2 weeks if someone wants to drop him close by. I was thinking Maine but the other two would work too. Handoff?? :D
  2. MAN OF BLUES

MAN OF BLUES COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer:
    Post 1 aint' quite current, not to fault O2..... get caught up from the last post back he don't need to go back to Md.
    Let's keep him up here and focus on new spots PLEEZE but don't take him out west....they simply don't play......carry on.

Drop him up here and i' ll carry him to w.va next weekend after I drag him up to p.a. for a COG rally he needs some w. Va love.....
  3. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    Yep, JrJoyce rode all the way out to California to rescue Nutsy after he sat for over 7 months. I don't know what it is about the Western states, but they just don't seem to move tags at all. :cry
  4. Jrjoyce2007

Jrjoyce2007 ADVenture Addict

Oddometer:
    You know how it is. Everything is so far apart out west.
  5. Volta

Volta Fuck Cancer

Oddometer:
    Geeze, with all of this griping about other people not moving the tag, I'm tempted to take a few days ride out to the marker outside of Lebanon, Kansas and set Nutzy & Egg up there for a while.
  6. Volta

Volta Fuck Cancer

Oddometer:
    As best as I can tell the list is current up to (but not including) the last tag in Ohio. By my reckoning Nutzy has been placed in the following 19 states, so there are 31 to go (counting DC, but not counting Hawaii since you can't ride there from here):

Alabama
    California
    Delaware
    Florida
    Georgia
    Louisiana
    Maryland
    Mississippi
    New York
    North Carolina
    Ohio
    Oregon
    Pennsylvania
    South Carolina
    Tennessee
    Texas
    Vermont
    Virginia
    Washington

I have a sneaking suspicion that your "WAYYYY North" is in the area I regard as "WAYYYY Down South"[1]. He's got a good idea where he wants to go next, we're just working out the details. It will definitely be a new state for him.

[1] anything below the 45th Parallel is "Down South", anything below about Concord, NH is "WAY Down South".
  7. Volta

Volta Fuck Cancer

Oddometer:
    For those interested in following Nutzy's continuing adventures with Egg, we've just updated over in <a href="http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21784436&postcount=4257">Egg's thread</a>.
  8. phideaux

phideaux Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:

You mean like here?

[​IMG]

Fido:norton
  9. RC Pilot

RC Pilot I am not anti social. I am selectively social! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have been slacking and not paying much attention. Is Ohio the only state missing from post 1?
  10. Volta

Volta Fuck Cancer

Oddometer:
    Yes, exactly!

If even half of the FFs that bitch and wine about how *other people* aren't moving the tag to their liking would step away from the keyboard and go grab the tag, none of these games would ever stall again!
  11. Volta

Volta Fuck Cancer

Oddometer:
    As best as I can tell, until Nutzy finds a new home, yes.
  12. motomac

motomac Mac

Oddometer:
    Eggy has been there, George99 planted him there. I took him to Dawson City Yukon Territory from there.
  13. MAN OF BLUES

MAN OF BLUES COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer:
    I'm on the north coast of Ohio, 'bout 5 miles from the shore of Lake Erie....
    I used to live "North of Richmond va." and just added the " Wayyyyy" part when I moved.:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl
  14. Volta

Volta Fuck Cancer

Oddometer:
    Nutzy has found his new home.

I didn't want to make Egg and Nutzy suffer through another day at the office, so we all got up extra early this morning to hit the road. The sky was just starting to get light as we wheeled out of the garage, so instead of heading inland, we rode out to the ocean to watch the sunrise. The camera in my phone sucks, so I didn't bother trying to take pictures.

The breeze off the water was so nice we decided to head up the coast instead of going to the drop site we had planned for, which turned out to be the right call. Beautiful weather, beautiful views, zero traffic. The roads aren't terribly exciting, but you can't have everything--where would you keep it?

On to the tag!

The tag shot:

[​IMG]

and a clarification shot:

<a href="http://www.smartestmonkeys.com/gallery/d/2240-1/IMG_20130708_055329.jpg">[​IMG]</a>

Now, we get to the wrinkle, I forgot that I'd taken my "work" phone charger with me on my trip, so when I got to the office with a half-dead battery after riding around taking all the photos, uploading them caused the phone to power off for low battery. I'd managed to get enough of the photos out to post the NA Tag, but the not for this one, so posting had to wait until I got home.

That gets to the second wrinkle. I took a shot with Nutzy in his hiding spot, and Egg saying goodbye, but when I finally got the photos out of my phone, I noticed a problem:

[​IMG]

You can see <a href="http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21817541&postcount=4263">Eggy</a>, but Nutzy is hiding too well! The tag isn't too far from home, so I decided to go back and take a photo that Nutzy was visible in:

[​IMG]

It was close to sunset, so I hung around long enough to get a shot with the light burning:

[​IMG]

Nutzy is hiding in the guardrail visible in that photo, next to my helmet. There are a few gaps in the guardrail, this is the one closest to the gate blocking access to the lighthouse itself.
  15. Patrick46

Patrick46 visionary

Oddometer:
    Good thing there are alotta riders in this area...because someone will recogonise where this drop site is without having to try and read this!! ^^^ :eek1

Being so close...someone autta drop it up in Maine so we can cross that off the list!

Great job with both Nutsy & Eggy there Volta!!! :norton

GAME ON KIDS!!! :clap :freaky
  16. Volta

Volta Fuck Cancer

Oddometer:
    I've edited the post to add the link to the full-size version of that picture, in case anyone does want to read it. Locating the site should be really easy, I left the geotags in on all of the photos!

Thanks! I think Nutzy should definitely cross (at least) NH and ME off his list while he is in the area.
  17. David R

David R I been called a Nut Job..

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Sent from the phone in my shoe. Maxwell Smart.
  18. Volta

Volta Fuck Cancer

Oddometer:
  19. David R

David R I been called a Nut Job..

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from the phone in my shoe. Maxwell Smart.
  20. ruafox

ruafox Been here awhile

Oddometer: