Yooperbikemike's 2013 MotoGP Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    If I was a sponsor like say Repsol, or Monster, I'd be highly pissed at the reduction of viewership for my company/product.
  2. Kropotkin

Kropotkin Big Girl's Blouse Supporter

Oddometer:
    How much petrol do you think Repsol sells in the UK?
  3. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike high, wide and handsome

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  4. Parx400

Parx400 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    For the love of god just get rid of cable and get a motogp.com account. its worth every penny if you are a hardcore fan. I only hope they do the same for WSBK.
  5. cogitate

cogitate What Marcellus Wallace Looks Like

Oddometer:
  6. Parx400

Parx400 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Until Krop says the rumor is true I take that as wishful thinking.
  7. viajero

viajero Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer:
    I'd love to see Casey back in MotoGP. Anyone with his obvious talents should be using them.

But I can't see him back with Ducati next year, as I don't believe they will have developed a competitive bike by then. And Casey wants a competitive bike, and deserves one.

Hayden's only chance to stay with Ducati is to finish ahead of Dovi in the races and in season points total. Even doing both may not be enough, though.

Too bad there are so few decent rides available (four to five). Maybe Rossi hangs it up after this year if he doesn't win a race, leaving an opening at Yamaha for Stoner. Stoner and Lorenzo on the same team. Wow. (Crutchlow would be duly pissed.)
  8. ErikY.

ErikY. Here, Now.

Oddometer:
    I disagree. Ducati sales in the US are big and growing despite the economy. I think Hayden has something to do with that. I couldn't believe the amount of Red Bikes in the parking lot at Indy in 09 and 10! If Spies was on his game then maybe he'd be their US rider, but he isn't. There are 3 races in the States now too- Hayden is good business.

Plus they know the bike is inferior; improve it as planned and you have 2 excellent riders fighting for 3rd and 4th which is acceptable compared to 7/8 as on recent years.
    Cheers.
  9. bxr140

bxr140 Flame Bait

Oddometer:
  10. some call me...tim

some call me...tim Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ducati sales are doing well in the US, but I doubt that has a whole lot to do with Hayden, or MotoGP in general. Ducatis are largely a status symbol and household name when it comes to "exotic" motorcycles. Despite any performance issues on the track, I think most can agree that Ducati makes a beautiful machine. Sales are good because guys believe they can attract women with them, and they're a lot more affordable than a Ferrari. :deal
  11. Goofy1

Goofy1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi LeeX! Can't help with the link but do want to say welcome to our world. :1drink

And your English is better than the Brazilian that lived with us as an exchange student.
  12. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    :rolleyes

Okay, let's look at the other sponsors, and at the other markets were their market exposure has been limited. From the rider gear to the energy drinks for starters.

Like here in North America. Beintv is very limited availability in the US, not at all in Canada. Now in the UK they have limited access.

In what world is this smart marketing of an entertainment product?
  13. Kropotkin

Kropotkin Big Girl's Blouse Supporter

Oddometer:
    OK, I don't like to bad-mouth other journos, especially as I'm no great shakes myself. But this Frank Melling character is so often so completely off base that it mystifies me why Motorcycle USA employs him. I have never seen him at a race, and I have no idea who he is. I did see his estimate for Yamaha's MotoGP budget once, which was out by an order of magnitude. From what I understand, Stoner is OK in Australia, though everything is not perfect. But he will never, ever race in MotoGP again. He despises us and the paddock, and most of all, Carmelo Ezpeleta. A Stoner return would be a victory for Ezpeleta.
  14. DogBoy

DogBoy Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Spot on Krop.

Melling is always so off base its ridiculous. He once claimed everything looked good for Norton to be on the grid in 2012. :lol3 Isn't he also the guy who keeps stating as fact that Honda and Yamaha MotoGP budgets are $300-$400 million? Laughable.
  15. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    And he is another one that just outright dismisses DP's chance at a WC.

Cal and Nicky swapping seats wouldn't bother me.
  16. yety61

yety61 Global Vagabond

Oddometer:
  17. HarveyMushman

HarveyMushman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Me neither. Nor, I'd guess, Herve P. But it seems he doesn't pick his riders . . .
  18. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Based on his #2 guy I am sure he'd take that as a compliment.
  19. 8703

8703 message in a bottle

Oddometer:
    The stories that even "staff" wouldn't dare to print have to go somewhere to die. :D
  20. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    That is a good article to stir the pot.

Ben Spies sent Cal a funny and telling tweet after this weekend. To paraphrase:

@CalCrutchlow

One of three things are about to happen:

1. your bike will get slower
    2. you will receive a factory bike
    3. the factory team will take your bike for themselves.

If Krop says never, regarding Stoner, I believe him. I am not one to use absolutes, myself. :wink:

I miss Adriana. Moto GP needs to show more Lucy to make up for her absence. :1drink