2013 KTM Adventure 1190

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by goodcat8, Apr 23, 2012.

1. BordenBmw

BordenBmw TheFrenchRider

Oddometer:
    And now you can see it too!

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TgpuwjMm2M0" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
  2. wpbarlow

wpbarlow Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah-- just like all the Dakar keyboard commandos here said-- an overweight pantywaist pos :lol3
  3. Paulvt1

Paulvt1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I love the shit eating grin of the MCN tester. He seems to love the bike.
  4. 996DL

996DL Dunning-Kruger PHD

Oddometer:
    They had better add a night shift, to the 1190 Adventure production line... :wink:

All the more power to them, a great, dynamic mc company !

Thanks for posting the MCN video, BordenBmw !

996DL
  5. skipman

skipman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :rofl
  6. Paulvt1

Paulvt1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Interesting times we live in. Hell of a choice for those of us that like tall rounders.
  7. DavidD

DavidD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ha - who you callin' a 'Dakar keyboard commando'?!?

Oh...........................................I guess that's me :wave as I was a Royal Marine Commando, I raced in the last African Dakar in 2007 and I'm tapping away on a keyboard now.....................

But no hard feelings and I very much agree with your sentiment. People are saying things about the new bike and doubting its abilities on the dirt etc all just based on a few pics and stats :scratch

I suggest we all just take a deep breath and relax. Dirt bikes are in KTMs DNA, that's why I love my 990 and I trust that the 1190R will be just fine - so much so I have ordered mine.

Soon enough there will be lots of ride reports and bike magazine comparison tests and you can trust the KTM will be the benchmark when it comes to any off-road test.

And for all are US cousins across the pond, console yourselves that we will iron all the bugs out in the first year and you get the benefit of the second build run whenever KTM turns on that part of production again.

Keep the faith, change is good..................
  8. Oronick

Oronick n00b

Oddometer:
    I have my eye on the 1090 Adv as a great touring bike (90% tar). Very capible of doing of doing gravel roads. Given my very average off road skills I would be terrified to take the 1090 on any serious off road....one serious drop and its very expensive.
    Will keep my XT 660 Tenere for proper adventure riding, its alot more robust if you drop it.
    Am I being a big girl?
  9. motorcycledave1000

motorcycledave1000 Speed Thrills

Oddometer:
    Anybody notice the Ducati gas cap?:eek1
  10. DavidD

DavidD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Maybe!!

I took my 990 off road on Saturday and made the mistake of lending my bike to one of the group I was with, just so they could make a comparison to their own bike. A kilometer up the track he promptly dropped it on its side :eek1

Anyway all was ok, with the handguards, engine bars and luggage rack taking the strain - just lifted it up and away we went. The new 1190 will be the same as long as you have the engine bars, luggage rack and a decent sump guard.

I have a KTM 350 Enduro bike for racing, but the 990 and then the 1190 when I get it will do everything else. As long as you have decent tyres I'm not sure you will need your XT 660. But your call, you can never have enough bikes!!
  11. uk_mouse

uk_mouse Aquatic adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was in Germany over the weekend, while watching the Dakar coverage on Eurosport, they had a commercial for the KTM 1190. Obviously targeted advertising, the commercial footage of the bike was ALL off road, and not wussy fire roads either :D

I haven't read this thread but I confess a year ago I was assuming that the 1190 would be a heavy 'soft roader', but things seem to be looking up!
  12. rockycraig

rockycraig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    asked this before got a yes , no, and a maybe so for anyone who has gone to the show I' may be able to make it to ny so will it be at the show, question for people who have been to the shows this year, thanks
  13. goodcat8

goodcat8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I didn't see it when they rolled into Long Beach.
  14. DockingPilot

DockingPilot Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer:
    Yea is be way more motivated to go back into ny if that bike was there. Otherwise it's the same ole same ole. Doo rags to shoe orthodics. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. 4corners14

4corners14 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:

From what I can gather it's not part of the show. KTM wasn't allowed to set up for the Seattle show at all so we weren't able to see any new KTM's. :huh
  16. goodcat8

goodcat8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    This year was the first year in the last 4 or 5 I've seen KTM there. Threw a leg over the SMT which was very nice.
  17. Alarm

Alarm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So my question is about the tires (not for t he R model).
    The dimensions will be 120/70-19 front; 170/60-17 rear.
    What options does someone have for on/off purpose. Most of the options in this category are with a rear tire of size 150/70-17 .

The 170/60 sounds to me like a problematic size. It reminds me like the smart move of the Yamaha TDM with the 18" rims and the minimal option of tires.
  18. umitc

umitc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The liquid cooled GS will have the same tire sizes; Michelin plans to produce the Anakee 2, in these sizes soon, if I am not wrong. I guess that, KTM made a smart choice by choosing those sizes. Since Conti already offers the OEM tires, they will definitely produce TKC or equivalent, to suit those bikes very soon and the others will follow. It will take some time, but they have to do it.
  19. BrandtSA

BrandtSA Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The Anakee 2 will be replaced with Anakee 3 I think.
  20. Alarm

Alarm Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Yes the new GS has the exactly same tire size