Raleigh/Fayetteville area riders??

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by Chad_NC, Aug 6, 2006.

1. wegster

wegster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    BTW, anyone up to check out ncmp either this upcoming sunday or the following weekend? Would love to go check out their trails..haven't been yet.
  2. Chad_NC

Chad_NC Long timer

Oddometer:
    We really gotta get a ride together with the peoples in this area. I find more every day. Any ideas for a day trip destination? Maybe start in the am, ride til lunch, eat then finish up around suppertime? In case you havnt noticed, I stink at planning:rofl
  3. Ron_NC

Ron_NC MidnightAdventureRider

Oddometer:
    I guess there is enough different terrain around here for everybody. Here is the stuff I've been doing that's fairly local to me.

1. Easy ride to Southport with optional beach ride (beach ride is short, but difficult).

2. 20 miles worth of sand trails in Lumberton (easy to medium, optional difficult stuff).

3. Rico and myself started exploring Sandhills game reserve last week and it seems easy to me.
  4. SkylineKeith

SkylineKeith Motorcycle Junkie

Oddometer:
    at the entrance to Skyline Dr in Front Royal VA
    Southport has a 4th of July Parade. I have been thinking about doing something then. My schedule is up in the air right now. I have my wifes class reunion prior to the 4th but it would be cool if something could be organized. I was thinking I have tent space for a couple folks if my schedule comes together.
  5. Chad_NC

Chad_NC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Easy to you is hard for most;) Check out the avatar people lol!!
  6. STateIH

STateIH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm new to ADVRider, just thought I'd say hi. I'm in the southwest (NCSU) Raleigh area. I've got a plated 2000 XR650R, in dualsport trim right now. I grew up riding dirt, and the plan is to SuMo the XRR for the road. I got the bike this spring, slowy working towards the expensive parts to convert. But I would be up for some riding of either type.

2006KLR650, if you work at Madern in Apex, I've seen the red KLR parked there sometimes.
  7. Chad_NC

Chad_NC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Where I worked in Apex the bike was sort of hidden. I only rode the bike last year, I actually had a company van to drive. The red KLR you see in Apex I think is the 05 red/black one. I am also no longer employed so I have no need to ride to Apex :(: anymore. Shoot me a PM if you want to do a road ride anytime.
  8. sweetfeed

sweetfeed Boxher

Oddometer:
    I can't say enough about Mark Brown and the operation he runs. He's a class act and his primary focus is riding safely. Haven't taken his courses but have had private instruction...he's great! I know he was recently in Bogata, Columbia teaching their police force his techniques. He also heads "BikeSafe", a program implemented in London and put in practice here in North Carolina. Give him a call or email...he's a good guy to know.
  9. Chad_NC

Chad_NC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have any interest in a ride on 7/14/07? I would like to ride with a group of people, mostly a blacktop ride. Maybe meet somewhere central to everyone that would like to ride? Fayetteville maybe? Unless there is enough interest from the people in Raleigh, Durham and Johnston county riders. Whattya think??:ear
  10. Chisenhallw

Chisenhallw Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer:
    n00b, table for one. I don't think I can do the ride on the 14th, but love to meet y'all sometime.

Bill, Durham
    1982 Suzuki GS650G
  11. Chad_NC

Chad_NC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Chisen, I saw the thread about you going from Durham to PGH? If that wasnt around my anniversary(5th) I would ride that with you.
  12. Chisenhallw

Chisenhallw Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer:
    Aw, well that sucks.

Not about your anniversary, I mean. :eek1:lol3
    About the ride, I mean.

This one's for a 4th of July party thrown by some friends in Pittsburgh. I'm bringing them some Cackalacky BBQ aka 'civilization'. I make the run a few times a year, though. I'm going to make it again in early August. :wink:

So has anybody seen this GIANT group of bikes on 15/501, east side of Chapel Hill on Sunday mornings? Huge parking lot full. All makes & models. :ear
  13. GetYourOwn

GetYourOwn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Chad,

I am probably free that day. Can do either a slab ride or dirt. I am in Sanford. Got any routes in mind?

Jim
  14. 4SEVEN3

4SEVEN3 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That would be Michaels. Ita a restraunt at the end of a strip-mall and people get together on Sun. morning. Attendance seems to be dependant on weather, and there are alllllllllllllllllll kinds of bikes there on a good turn-out!
  15. Chad_NC

Chad_NC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Jim,

I was thinking about a run down to the beach, or to the mountains, just a slab ride. Basically just to get some miles on the bike and get out of the house. So far there is three, you me and one other interested. You arent far from me so we can meet up and ride to wherever is decided to group.
  16. Truckin_Thumper

Truckin_Thumper low profile

Oddometer:
    <------------New member, Lumberton
    XT350 (DOA til later tonight or Tomorrow, blown gasket (ETA: FIXED, an $11.00 gasket put a smile on my face like a 300 dollar hooker :D)

Might be up for a ride in the next week

Also if anyone has any experience with jetting and wishes to "supervise" I would be very thankfull
  17. Chad_NC

Chad_NC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Truckin Thumper there is a guy on here and KLRworld that has a KLR650, and a neighbor 3 streets down from him that has a DRZ400sm. Look up Ron_nc on here(even on this thread I think) and shoot him a pm. He is ALWAYS looking to ride. Had his KLR 15 months and had 20k on it :):clap I am in Lumberton as I type helping him out. I live 20 miles north of Bragg. Send me a pm if you want to get together and ride a little.
  18. buddha

buddha buried in the sand...

Oddometer:
    Hey Chad and Ron,

We need to get together and ride again (I'm part of the Suzuki contingent from Clinton that met up with ya'll in Lumberton last year). I've been wanting to check out those sand hills ya'll rode the day we got together and had to split early. Anything else is good too...

I'm thinking about taking next week off and taking the DR to the mountains... maybe ride the BRP and explore some of the dirt roads that shoot off of it every now and again. Otherwise, I'm around and would love to ride.

In related news... Eastwood bought a DRZ, and is thinking of selling the KLR. Crazo (the other Chad) has just shipped off to Romania for 3+ months, and I'm babysitting his bikes for him... have 5 bikes in the garage right now, so i need to do some riding!
  19. 4SEVEN3

4SEVEN3 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Id love to come ride with you guys on the 14th. I have to work that sunday, so a long trip the day before is out for me. Hopefully another time Ill be able to hook up with you guys/gals!

Ill keep my eye on this thread!
  20. FemmeFatale

FemmeFatale Perpetual Motion

Oddometer:
    +1

I also took private lessons from Motomark - very good and not sure if you know...but Mark is the instructor for the NC Highway Partrol Motobrigade.